'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

o_O Yummy Im a big lover of sausages! Have been eating these low cal oneswhich arent very nice thou :( I think the decent ones are worth the syns. I def think that even on a healthy eating kick we can enjoy meals out,its just resisting all the naughty (yet amazingly delicious looking) things.

Havent been feeling that well today, been good food wise and went to work but just a bit off. Have a fun weekend planned with a uni friend so hopefully I'll perk up a bit!
Have dentist and doctors on monday (two personal hells in one day!) Hopefully the doc can explain my mysterious bruising,I cant seem to go a day without more bruises popping up on my legs.. a nurse friend thinks Ill prob need a blood test,I hate needles! :(

The sausages we had didnt even taste like sausages they were just shaped like them but so tasty :) wish I knew how to make them :)

Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy tomorrow with your friend, let us know how the docs and dentist goes on Monday...I also hate needles so Im with you there!!!

xx

Morning,

Had a lovely day yesterday, went to a pub on the beach which seemed to have the world of wasps :( so had to sit inside most of the day.

For breakfast had 3 slices of hovis nimble bread, lunch had a salad bowl at the harvester pub and was careful on what I had - only a small bit of coleslaw and a few potatoes from the potatoe salad, with a brown bread roll, for dinner had 'simply pasta' which was wholewheat pasta with tomato sauce (was like chopped tomatos) with a tiny slice of garlic bread with salad so I think I behaved pretty well :)

Judith, not seen you for a few days, hope everything is ok?

Kellie, How are you feeling at the moment, you have gone very quiet..come back :)

Hanz, are you feeling any better today?

Ronsy, hows the phones going? hope you are well?

xxx

Morning,

Had a lovely day yesterday, went to a pub on the beach which seemed to have the world of wasps :( so had to sit inside most of the day.

For breakfast had 3 slices of hovis nimble bread, lunch had a salad bowl at the harvester pub and was careful on what I had - only a small bit of coleslaw and a few potatoes from the potatoe salad, with a brown bread roll, for dinner had 'simply pasta' which was wholewheat pasta with tomato sauce (was like chopped tomatos) with a tiny slice of garlic bread with salad so I think I behaved pretty well :)

Judith, not seen you for a few days, hope everything is ok?

Kellie, How are you feeling at the moment, you have gone very quiet..come back :)

Hanz, are you feeling any better today?

Ronsy, hows the phones going? hope you are well?

xxx

That is definately a good day, its so hard to be good out of the house,thats mainly where I fail (I had an ice cream and pop corn/doritos when watching a film at a friends.. a lot less than I usually would but still felt a bit guilty!)

Im feeling better today, got the dentist out the way and just got in from the doctor, I forgot how much the blood pressure thing hurts :eek:. Looks like bruising may just be a side effect of my weight loss really, less padding! Got a blood test on thurs to check it out.

That is definately a good day, its so hard to be good out of the house,thats mainly where I fail (I had an ice cream and pop corn/doritos when watching a film at a friends.. a lot less than I usually would but still felt a bit guilty!)

Im feeling better today, got the dentist out the way and just got in from the doctor, I forgot how much the blood pressure thing hurts :eek:. Looks like bruising may just be a side effect of my weight loss really, less padding! Got a blood test on thurs to check it out.

Glad your feeling abit better hun :) I also think the blood pressure thing hurts, they squeeze it soooo tight the *******!! Wonder why bruising would be a side effect of losing weight?! keep us posted xx

------------------------------------------------------------

Had my court hearing today for our eviction, turns out the letting agent didnt give us the right forms so the hearing was dismissed, so now have to wait for the letting agent to give us the right forms and for it to go through court again but at least buys us some time

x

Where is everyone?? Only seems to be and Hanz posting :( Missing everyone so come back :)

Not much to update really, but not working and college finished so lots of time to read up on posts and investigate things on the internet!!

Been feeling abit weird today and yesterday like my sides are being squeezed really tight, not sure what thats about!!

Doing well food wise today, only up to 270 calories WHOOP, Oh how I love Hovis Nimble bread!!!!

Been out for a half hour walk with the dogs but was so miserable out I couldnt be bothered with any longer, was hoping it was gonna be sunny again today and go for a long walk along the beach with the OH and Milly but as its cold will probably do it tomorrow!

Havent weighed for 3 weeks now, so planning on getting up early tomorrow and getting into town to weigh on Boots scales so need to be especially good today incase I go :)

Anyway, enough of me babbling on, get posting ladies, I miss you

x

Hi, sorry for absence, been away again- and this time I did 2 runs and one surfing.
My colleague adn I are now losing weight together with office weigh ins on tues- ahhhhhh! she'll know my real weight!
I am geared up for 4 hours of housework followed by chiken caeser salad....my plan is 10 weeks and 20 lbs...... this is achievable for most- for me it could be wishful thinking...

Hi, sorry for absence, been away again- and this time I did 2 runs and one surfing.
My colleague adn I are now losing weight together with office weigh ins on tues- ahhhhhh! she'll know my real weight!
I am geared up for 4 hours of housework followed by chiken caeser salad....my plan is 10 weeks and 20 lbs...... this is achievable for most- for me it could be wishful thinking...

Yay good to see you post :)

So when are your weigh in's beginning?

you can definately get those 20lbs gone :)

x

My first weigh in is actually a week next Tuesday, as that is the next time we are both in the office- I also see it as a head start.
Somehow I managed to lose a pound- delighted and shocked as my eating is up and running down compare to when I'm on full throttle. We'll see how the next week goes- as I am determined to be back at my best. I have a big night out Saturday night, but I am confident that I will not eat too much before hand nor after, and I will keep to white wine or vodka and diet white. I know I cannot get as drunk as I might because I need to be in good running form.

I have not yet sat and read over the posts I missed- hope to get time tonight- I hope you are all doing well, smiling and happy.

My first weigh in is actually a week next Tuesday, as that is the next time we are both in the office- I also see it as a head start.
Somehow I managed to lose a pound- delighted and shocked as my eating is up and running down compare to when I'm on full throttle. We'll see how the next week goes- as I am determined to be back at my best. I have a big night out Saturday night, but I am confident that I will not eat too much before hand nor after, and I will keep to white wine or vodka and diet white. I know I cannot get as drunk as I might because I need to be in good running form.

I have not yet sat and read over the posts I missed- hope to get time tonight- I hope you are all doing well, smiling and happy.

Well done on the 1lb :) Im sure more will be off next week!! Saturday night sounds like fun to...enjoy :p

----------------------------------------------------------

Today has been abit of a weird one, had planned to go out, weigh at boots then go to OH's Mums to look after his sisters kids, but they cancelled on us and I had breakfast and then realised I hadnt yet weighed....I like to weigh before eating or drinking!!

So in the end, spent most of my day sat on the internet, looking at minimins and checking emails, then checking minimins then nosing at facebook, then back to minimins and other weightloss info sites then investigating my america dream to then come back to minimins, then lookiing for somewhere to live and at jobs and back to minimins hee hee what a brilliant life I lead!!!

Took both dogs out this morning and then took the young one out again tonight, been really good food wise, but have a toothache which Im hoping disappears!!

Been in such a wondering mood the last couple of days, I know what I want to be able to be happy but it always seems like there is so much in the way, oh to be 18 again, how differently I would do things!! I would have got all my educational needs done and blasted this diet before I could blink and have some proper direction, instead Im fat, unemployed, nearly homeless and have no idea really where to start.

Its like the things I need are in reach 'just' - such as my offer for a place at uni but in order to go there I need somewhere to live and my student finance in place and both are proving soooo hard!!

Also found that although I have been good calorie wise I have felt alot more hunger pangs, wish it would stop and leave me for good but nope, the damn thing keeps on banging away :)

Plan Tomorrow

* Weigh!!! I need to know if anything is happening either to feel like Im getting somewhere or to realise what Im doing isnt working so I can tweak my current eating plan

* Walk for at least 1 hour with the dog's

* Job Hunt and house hunt...consant battle....

* Consider maybe looking at other courses (even though not what I want)

* Remember to smile and think that I can get somewhere!!!!

Hmmm do I have much else to add.... nope think thats me for now :)

Hope all is ok, will update again tomorrow

x Night x

Nee it sounds like you are on a roller coaster-up, down, sideways, going one way then turning back. I feel for ya, although i reckon if ur on the lost train I'm about 3 stops behind.

There is no point in thinking "if i were 18". Trust me. I have how many kids getting leaving cert results and as I tell them, this is not it, the road is long, decisions many, adn the roads we take have multiple paths, t-junctions and intersections. There is a reason these things are happening now.
Firstly, there was a reason you and I did not lose weight when we were 18. Obviously, or we would have- we were unable to. AT that time there were other things we were meant to do- personally I see that from 18 to 23 I needed to learn who I was, and to like that person.

Secondly, so your doing the eductaion thing differently? Your approach is different than when you were 18 .Maybe if you did this at 18 you would have failed, or failed to learn an important lesson. MAybe if you'd have done this stuff at 18, you would have not been the person you were meant to be. MAybe you would be less humourous, less ambitous, meaner, ruder, crueler, more self centred. Or maybe you'd have contracted a terrrible infection adn died- who knows! Wishing to have done the hard stuff in your past is simply your mind's way of fighting the hard stuff. But you know what? Just like running 4 miles or losing 1 lb, it only counts when you decide to take every step.

Would you have been able to set up a forum online, and help hopw many others with their body and mind issuesif you'd gone through years ago?

Life is crap. Its also filled with beauty and inspiration. For many, you are the beauty and inspiration. So, in a selfish way, I'm glad you are here now, doing this journey with me, and the rest of us WEMITTS.

See all this as minding yourself- eating well to live well and healthy and stron and long. College to challenge yourslef and get where you want. The hosuing situation- keep fighting, you'll get there. You will be the better person. You will look back and say I survived and against the odds, when every part of you thinks give up, and you are a success.

kellie what a great post thank you, I think its very easy to lose your path isnt it!? Just wish I knew If everything that was happening was to make things better! I sooo hope it is.

Dont think I mentioned it, but the other week when I came back from visiting parents, I had a dilema where I had booked the wrong return tickets and was told I had to buy full price tickets to return I was so worried as didnt have enough cash (I booked my bus tickets using the funfares with National Express) I was in tears with no money and no credit and luckily the bus driver let me on PHEW!! Anyway, when I got on the bus there was hardly any seats and this lady let me sit by her and it turned out she was a born again christian, I hope I dont offend anyone, but I do struggle with belief for many reasons going back to when I was younger, but this lady was telling me - almost preaching abit bless her, so many stories of struggles she had gone through and other people that she had known too that had gone to god and thier lifes changed, Like I said Im not really a believer (But used to) I think Im more a spiritual person but I use her as a thinking step as to how I can make life be...Not sure any of that makes any sense!!!

I did get to weigh today and have lost 3lbs, not really that happy by it as I have really tried for the last 3 weeks and feel 3lbs doesnt justify my effort, but I cant deny that it was nice to see a drop :)

Not sure how I can improve my diet right now, but I think regardless of how many penny's we have I need to buy some new scales so its more consistant. When we weighed end of July it said 19.1 and my OH was 14.10, today when we went to boots the scales were playing up and had to get a refund, the guy behind the till said 'we keep having no end of problems with these scales' and then recommended we go up the road to a different boots. I then weighed 18.12 and my OH was 15.1 and he has been eating less than me!!

Whilst typing this just had a call from the letting agent who didnt even attend the court hearing, threatening me, telling me I make him f'ing sick etc :( apparently he is going to get us out and send debt collectors and change our locks, quite upsetting really, so called and spoke with shelter who said we are definately within our rights to be here and they can not do anything that they said as would be illegal so heres hoping we dont have that happen!!!

Need to chill out soooooo much right now!!!!

Dont think I mentioned it, but the other week when I came back from visiting parents, I had a dilema where I had booked the wrong return tickets and was told I had to buy full price tickets to return I was so worried as didnt have enough cash (I booked my bus tickets using the funfares with National Express) I was in tears with no money and no credit and luckily the bus driver let me on PHEW!! Anyway, when I got on the bus there was hardly any seats and this lady let me sit by her and it turned out she was a born again christian, I hope I dont offend anyone, but I do struggle with belief for many reasons going back to when I was younger, but this lady was telling me - almost preaching abit bless her, so many stories of struggles she had gone through and other people that she had known too that had gone to god and thier lifes changed, Like I said Im not really a believer (But used to) I think Im more a spiritual person but I use her as a thinking step as to how I can make life be...Not sure any of that makes any sense!!!

I did get to weigh today and have lost 3lbs, not really that happy by it as I have really tried for the last 3 weeks and feel 3lbs doesnt justify my effort, but I cant deny that it was nice to see a drop :)

Whilst typing this just had a call from the letting agent who didnt even attend the court hearing, threatening me, telling me I make him f'ing sick etc :( apparently he is going to get us out and send debt collectors and change our locks, quite upsetting really, so called and spoke with shelter who said we are definately within our rights to be here and they can not do anything that they said as would be illegal so heres hoping we dont have that happen!!!

Need to chill out soooooo much right now!!!!

Oh Nee, this is awful. I am glad you met the lady on the bus - even if you don't share her beliefs I think it can just throw a different perspective on things. There is a big difference in my mind between being spiritual and being religious but sometimes I think it helps to believe that there is some kind of higher purpose when we are struggling. But F*ck the B*stard letting agents - that kind of bullying makes me so mad. I know just how frightening/scary/intimidating that stuff can be. Make a note of what was said, time/date of call and anything else they do. Keep any letters and even try to record any phone calls. And don't hesitate to contact the police if they drift into physical threats of any kind or threats to enter your property without permission. Because this would be a CRIME!! Seriously!

Shame about the weight loss but don't forget this was after you had eaten and were dressed. I got scales from Tescos for £12 which seem to be pretty good if you can manage that amount.

(Be warned: a bit of a long ramble.)

Well, wemitts, sorry for going AWOL but chaos has ensued. Saturday morning at 6.30am woken by screaming TT who had managed to twist his testicle in his sleep. By 9am he was in the operating theatre having it opened up and sorted. My 90-yr old mother was arriving at midday but I still managed to be there for TT waking up and picking her up from station and going home to sort dog. Then whizz round to pick up his G/F and back to hospital to meet with surgeon and find out what happened. He was discharged at 8pm insisting that he was still going to Spain on Monday (albeit with a waddle). So Sunday spent sorting out insurers, travel company etc but managed to all go to see Toy Story 3D which was really good but a bit poignant since its about Andy going off to college and, of course I was waiting for TT's A;level results today.

Monday first thing miraculously got appmt with GP who signed a Fit to Fly certificate and off he went. Very hard for me to let him go but I reasoned that if GP thought it was ok then maybe it would be. Can't go in the pool/sea for few days but other than that he can do as much as the pain will allow. He was dreading the flight as he can't actually close his legs which I'm sure isn't as funny as it sounds :eek: .

Tuesday drove my mom back home to Midlands and came back Weds. Then today went to my son's college to collect his results and..... he got what he needed to go to Uni!!! Only just, but who cares??!! So my baby will be flying the nest. I've spoken to him on the phone and he's over the moon. Still in bit of pain but planning on a night out tonight to celebrate. And I'm opening a bottle of champagne all to myself. I feel that as a mom, I've done the best I could have: I got my boy through to 18 and off to uni. Whilst he'll still have my support, the rest now is up to him. It feels like the end of an era and I've shed a few tears of happiness and sadness this morning but I am so pleased for him.

As for the diet? Well, I'm going to leave it for this weekend and try to start (again) on Monday.

Hope you are all ok. Love and hugs xxx

(PS. No, I never did get the feedback on my application - miserable gits. And I feel too humiliated to phone up and beg for it.)

Judith, yep a proper bully and the most unproffessional person I have ever dealt with and I used to be a door collector and debt collector so I have seen some roughens!! I think the worst thing is it makes you feel like your scum, Honestly I know people may think bad of us but we really have no where to go, otherwise beleive me we would be sooooo gone from here, its just awful.

Your week sounds like a mad one indeed, glad your son got to go away and Im sure he will have a great time and with fear of hurting that area again Im sure he will be very carefull!!! Congrats to his A level results there fantastic, bet your very proud and hope your enjoying your champagne :) Now your Mom has gone home, make the most of the next few days, enjoy it, relax and get your head in to the mind set and come monday you'll be fine with eating more healthy :) If not it doesnt matter just keep trying and dont give up!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well since my post earlier, I crawled into bed and cried lots and felt very sorry for myself following the call from the letting agent! How can someone be so cruel and viscous on the phone!!! I feel so insecure right now and the time I have been awake I keep taking it out on my OH, its not even his fault, I just feel crap!!

Had some wholewheat pasta for dinner and a tin of tuna, I cant believe how good I have been today normally when I weigh I have a treat!!

3lb,slimmer of week,feeling good but knackered,
have walked so much.
how do I update the ticker thing?

3lb,slimmer of week,feeling good but knackered,
have walked so much.
how do I update the ticker thing?

Well done on the 3lbs :)

To update your ticker you click on the ticker which should bring up a seperate page, enter your password and you can edit your details

Hey everyone,

Today has been another one of those 'Meh' days, not much happening, applied for some more jobs and tried to sort out my student finance again in the hope that it will help us with starting the course and also housing!!

OH is at his mum's so Im all lonesome :( Im shocked how much that call shook me up yesterday!! I feel so on edge and could have done with out him going out for the day but really I need to grow some balls and deal with it!!

Been speaking with a housemate (he has a room in this flat - not really a mate) but he is friends with the landlord, he has been knocking on my door for a cuppa and a chat (he is going through a rough time in the lady department) and he didnt say this in a threatening way whatsoever but he advised 'to be careful, when it comes to Khalid' (Khalid is the Landlord) 'Dont talk back to him, dont P**s him off, you dont want to get on the wrong side of him, he can be a very nasty man' so I said well what would he do, were not doing anything illegal, were not an argumentative couple, and we have nowhere to go which is why we cant leave without being homeless' his response was 'Im not saying he would be aggressive, or know what he would do, but he has 'battered' people and doesnt like being crossed'..... Anyway, WTF does this mean, should we feel afraid, can we even do anything to protect us?!?! I dont know, what a bloody mess!

Not eaten today, strangely have no appetite, but no doubt will get something later.

Come on people cheer me up hee hee

Nee, if he made you feel that frightened then he has already committed a crime. Admittedly it is one that the police won't be that interested in but it might be worth speaking to your local beat bobby. If nothing else, it will be the first record of your concerns. (Although its not his fault that a third party is telling you he's scary.)

Here's a funny story to cheer you up. When the surgeon came to see TT after his operation she was discussing his recovery time. She said "... and after three days he'll be able to swim." I only just stopped myself saying: "that's blooming brilliant because he couldn't swim before...." but I just stopped myself as it didn't seem like the moment to be flippant ;)

Hope you have a good evening lovely. xxx

Thanks Judith, that indeed made me smile, bless him :)

xx

so is he swimming yet? loved that!! magical operation eh?!

Nee OMG yes start talking to your locla police- just about concerns/ ask advice. You poor thing, Lord help you get a place as soon as possible.

Judith- well done, u got him this far and thats the hardest part- well done him on getting what he needed!

I ran 18 miles yesterday.
TOday I am shoping for wedding dresses with a mate- had salad for lunch adn noodles and black bean sauce with some cheeky chips for dinner- stuffed. Night out tonight- hope to keep on white wine spritzers cos ideally I should be in the pool tomorro- my body hurts!

More updates tomorrw- its all go here tehse days- sorry for the silences!

Kellie, 18 miles go you!!! Bet you feel good for it tho :) So how did the wedding dress shopping go?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had an ok day, I did have a takeaway tonight, but have been really good recently and decided I deserved it :)

Still feeling a little low and just trying to get my better mind head back on as this just pulls you down more. Might try and get up early and go for a walk :)

xx

Back