'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Well I have gained a stone, which I am actually pleased with- simply because yesterday i ate toast, ben and jerry's- the big tub, pizza and prawn and cous cous for 3- how bad is that.
Collie, kick away, stupid I know.

So the healthy eating starts here. I'm going for a run, and while there will be a few hours of wine consumed tonight, I plan on there being only 2 light meals.

My sister in law has lost 4 1/2 stone this year, slimming world- and she looks amazing. That will be me next Christmas.

HELP?????

Thanks Nee, I'm back at work for another little while! and eating all in front of me, but sure its Christmas, and I'll be back on the wagon next week. U working much over Christmas?

Work stuff sounds a little better for you at the moment then hun, lets hope that continues :) I have been working every day apart from xmas day and I have tomorrow off too, so so tired but I love it regardless!!

Heloo ladies :D I have missed you.. Ive been very bad and have been avoiding the forum out of a wee bit of guilt! Oh well, I enjoyed it!! December was a bit of a break as I just got so bored of being healthy and Ive only put on 4 1/2 pounds.. (well plus christmas week.. whatever that damage was!) Anyway, January im back on it again after a little blowout.
My new job starts on wednesday, have been busy planning away so lots of work still to do but im really excited.
Hope you all had a lovely christmas, and a fabulous new year.. I see anew years thread a comming soon! :D

Wow, only a 4 1/2lb gain is awesome, so wish I could say the same hee hee oh well its xmas (was) and this is to be expected for the majority :D

Goodluck for wednesday, you will be fab, make sure you post to let us know how it all goes on your first day x

Well I have gained a stone, which I am actually pleased with- simply because yesterday i ate toast, ben and jerry's- the big tub, pizza and prawn and cous cous for 3- how bad is that.
Collie, kick away, stupid I know.

So the healthy eating starts here. I'm going for a run, and while there will be a few hours of wine consumed tonight, I plan on there being only 2 light meals.

My sister in law has lost 4 1/2 stone this year, slimming world- and she looks amazing. That will be me next Christmas.

HELP?????

Dont worry hun, I had gained 10lbs on Monday and im still eating bad, my start date now is the 2nd so I know I will defo have some more pounds by then hee hee

We can all help each other, I hope???

i think it's so hard not to fall into the mindset of "well i've ruined the diet now i may as well go to town today" then today turns into another day, another day, etc etc. 2011 will be our year ladies...

Hi ladies!
Long time no posting eh.
I've been avoiding the forums for umm, 2 months??
Eeeek I'm so bad. But things came up, birthdays, nights out, a few weddings here and there, more nights out, takeaways... you know the story... and I just gave up. Thought wtf, and became a piggy :/

Well I had a sneaky weigh in this morning.... I've avoided the scales all this time, and was totally shocked. I was expecting to have put on 2 stone, but alas no :D
269 they read! ... I think I managed to get down to 259 in September, so a 10lb gain between now and then, I'm happy with!
Convinced my scales were broken, I had my shower, got dressed, shoes on, stood on the scales again and they read 270.
STILL not convinced, I woke up the b'f and made him weigh himself. He is normally between 165-170 and he was 171. So nope, scales not broken, I am offically 269. Lol.

Right, anyway, I started dieting in March 2010 and was convinced by the end of the year I would be at target. Ehhh no chance. But I keep thinking, Laura... if I had just stayed positive and stuck to my plan, i would be a size 12 by now. Even a 14 I would be happy with!
SOOO as of tomorrow 1.1.11 -as the title of this thread says ...
New Year, New Start!

Enough ranting now, I wish you all a great evening tonight, whatever you all may be up to. Peter [the b'f] And I are off for a Thai Meal then no doubt I will flake out at my flat watching rubbish Scottish comedy.
Fun times!

And Colly... yup 2011 will be our year :)

i think it's so hard not to fall into the mindset of "well i've ruined the diet now i may as well go to town today" then today turns into another day, another day, etc etc. 2011 will be our year ladies...

Yeh your totally right there hun :D

and I also 3rd that....2011 is the year...oh yes it is :)

Hi ladies!
Long time no posting eh.
I've been avoiding the forums for umm, 2 months??
Eeeek I'm so bad. But things came up, birthdays, nights out, a few weddings here and there, more nights out, takeaways... you know the story... and I just gave up. Thought wtf, and became a piggy :/

Well I had a sneaky weigh in this morning.... I've avoided the scales all this time, and was totally shocked. I was expecting to have put on 2 stone, but alas no :D
269 they read! ... I think I managed to get down to 259 in September, so a 10lb gain between now and then, I'm happy with!
Convinced my scales were broken, I had my shower, got dressed, shoes on, stood on the scales again and they read 270.
STILL not convinced, I woke up the b'f and made him weigh himself. He is normally between 165-170 and he was 171. So nope, scales not broken, I am offically 269. Lol.

Right, anyway, I started dieting in March 2010 and was convinced by the end of the year I would be at target. Ehhh no chance. But I keep thinking, Laura... if I had just stayed positive and stuck to my plan, i would be a size 12 by now. Even a 14 I would be happy with!
SOOO as of tomorrow 1.1.11 -as the title of this thread says ...
New Year, New Start!

Enough ranting now, I wish you all a great evening tonight, whatever you all may be up to. Peter [the b'f] And I are off for a Thai Meal then no doubt I will flake out at my flat watching rubbish Scottish comedy.
Fun times!

And Colly... yup 2011 will be our year :)

Good to have you back and well done on gaining only 10lbs I have done that in the last month hee hee

Goodluck with your restart

xx

Happy New Year <3

Was sticking some xmas pictures in my photo album and saw last years xmas snaps.. in particulary one horrible one of me in a paper hat that is just.. bad bad. Comparing to this christmas is so nice to see such a difference. Just checked my new years snaps,and there not all nightmares either.. hurrah! I even rocked a size 12 dress out last night (well it had elasticated empire waist and was floaty so im not near that size just yet..but hell it was a nice feeling anyway!)

Nee- the job sounds very busy! How are you finding it?

Kels - Oh B&J is soo good.. I cleared out the houses supply for christmas. I know you can def get back on it :D Jan is the time for starting things a fresh and knowing what your sisters done might help push you even more!

Ahh thats great hanz, are those pics on your album here? Id like to have a nose :D

I love the job, just dont get alot of time for anything else, but thats the industry. On the 9th Jan, all will change tho, and I may have to do abit of temping work elsewhere for inbetween shows.

How exciting about the size 12 dress, even if it was elasticated..who cares hee hee :) xxx

Hey hey hey ladieees

How are you all?

xxx

Eeeek - long time no see! I've not posted on here for several months. Long story short I got a bit lazy in the few months before Christmas and basically stopped losing weight (too much rubbish food and little to no exercise.) But thankfully, for the most part I've maintained. :) I'm kicking myself though because I could be almost a stone lighter if I hadn't become so ridiculously lazy.

Anyway, I've over-indulged a bit over the Christmas period (did I say a bit?) And I'm expecting to have gained a few. But as long as it's only a few, that's OK.

I've decided I need to shake up my exercise routine, because I was getting bored with the old one and that was part of the reason I was no longer doing it. Keep in mind I have been doing practically the same exercise routine for eighteen months! For eighteen months I just ran and did steps. That was it. So this year it's going to be a mix of new exercise videos (for the winter months), running 2-3 times a week, swimming, pilates and weight training (I really want to try and add some muscle this year - I don't want to end up too wobbly or skinny-fat.)

My first target is to get out of the "overweight" range (11lbs) and then see how much more I need to lose.

Anyway, good luck to you all. 2011 is going to be great!

Last edited:
Good to have you back wasted, and good luck with your new exercise regime, those 11lbs will be off in no time :D

xx

Well that's me back tomorrow and that's when I start 100%.
Thrown out 2 boxes of Thornton's chocolates just now, and I have 4 bottles of wine lurking about. Will take them to work tomorrow and give them to those that want, otherwise I will drink them if they are there, probably a few bottles over the weekend, so yeah, the wine goes too!

Got all the food I need for work, my biggest problem is breakfast.
Would normally go to the van [naughty naughty] for an egg roll, or have a pancake with butter or croissant, or toast with butter.
But I have to change this routine.
I have bought special K cereal, i hate cereal. Never liked it, but I have to do this, so I will see how I get on this week... you never know though, I used to hate tomatoes and peas and now I love them!
So here's hoping I can convert to cereal :D

Now I'm off to find some calorie counting apps for my phone...
Does anyone use them? I don't have an i-phone, but android.
Hmmmmmmm

Now I'm off to find some calorie counting apps for my phone...
Does anyone use them? I don't have an i-phone, but android.
Hmmmmmmm

Goodluck for tomorrow ....keep posting to let us know :D

Myfitness pal is a good app for the iphone, great for counting calories

xx

I quite enjoy calorie counting, means you can still have certain things too yum yum :D

I have now got myfitnesspal!
Not used it yet, been quite busy in the office this morning, once it's quiet, I shall figure it out.

Well Day 1, here I come.
Had my cereal. It was actually ok :D
And had about 3 pints of water so far, I still have a bad cough which I've had for weeks now, and it came back with avengance last night.. not nice.

Oh,
Some Norwegians just arrived, "Happy New Year" they say and hand me a HUGE bag of Norwegian chocolate. Uhh.
So I took it through to the workshop, they can pig out on them!

Go you, why is it when we declare day one, people always arrive with sweets and chocolate and cakes ha ha I had the same on Sunday!

Hope you have a great day 1 xx

So restarting day, first day of new job.. hopefully these two work together!

So restarting day, first day of new job.. hopefully these two work together!

Good luck Hanz I hope you post later to tell us how your first day went, and I hope it makes the dieting easier today too, fingers crossed on both xx

Back