Big calves

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Angelchops, 15 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

I have enormous calves (on my legs - I'm not a farmer or anything) which I think are partly from playing a lot of roller hockey as a teenager and partly from carting my overweight body around. They seem really hard and muscley and I can't see them ever shrinking. Has anyone else experienced this and did their calves slim down eventually? I'd love to have some long boots next winter.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    What do you calves measure?

Before losing weight mine were 20", they are now just under 17" after losing 5 stones.

4. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey

i was wondering this too as my calves seem really muscly and hard!
    i have just measured them and they are 17" now but ive got 5 stone so im hoping to lose some from various parts of my body!!

When im rsat with my legs up they are soft and wobbly but when stood with my feet flat on the floor they are rock hard!!

i was told that your body chooses where it wants to lose the fat from and that you cannot slim down just one area!
    You have to just lose overall body fat!!

Hope this helps!

Lou

5. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

Ive just measured and they are fractionally over 20":cry:. Hopefully I will lose a few inches from them. I wonder what normal boots measure - think I will take my tape measure along next time I go shopping!! Can you fit in them now SoonToBeGorgeous??

6. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have bought three pairs of boots from ebay this week and they all fit with space to spare! Normal fitting, not wide fitting either.

Most of them are a good 17" in the calf measurement

7. Gilly28

Gilly28 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Angelchops likes this.
  8. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

What a great site. They are quite expensive but they have some beautiful boots. Thank you for that.

9. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Don't Evans do boots for wider calves as well(is that the plural of calf in this context, LOL:))?

Fairly sure they do

10. lisabham

lisabham Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    shoetailor do wide calf and wide ankle justbought 3 pairs and reasonable :D

11. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Don't cry Angel! You'll be amazed what a couple of months on Cambridge can do!

I have huge calves too (not the bovine variety) and haven't been able to wear long boots for years. I've measured them and they are 17 inches, although I've only lost a stone and a half, so I can't imagine any will fit me yet, and I don't want to risk the humiliation of not being able to do them up in a shop!

Next also do a wide calf boot if you're interested. I've never tried them, but a friend of mine buys all hers from that range.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.