Big calves

Angelchops

I have enormous calves (on my legs - I'm not a farmer or anything) which I think are partly from playing a lot of roller hockey as a teenager and partly from carting my overweight body around. They seem really hard and muscley and I can't see them ever shrinking. Has anyone else experienced this and did their calves slim down eventually? I'd love to have some long boots next winter.

What do you calves measure?

Before losing weight mine were 20", they are now just under 17" after losing 5 stones.

Hey

i was wondering this too as my calves seem really muscly and hard!
i have just measured them and they are 17" now but ive got 5 stone so im hoping to lose some from various parts of my body!!

When im rsat with my legs up they are soft and wobbly but when stood with my feet flat on the floor they are rock hard!!

i was told that your body chooses where it wants to lose the fat from and that you cannot slim down just one area!
You have to just lose overall body fat!!

Hope this helps!

Lou

Ive just measured and they are fractionally over 20":cry:. Hopefully I will lose a few inches from them. I wonder what normal boots measure - think I will take my tape measure along next time I go shopping!! Can you fit in them now SoonToBeGorgeous??

I have bought three pairs of boots from ebay this week and they all fit with space to spare! Normal fitting, not wide fitting either.

Most of them are a good 17" in the calf measurement

Don't Evans do boots for wider calves as well(is that the plural of calf in this context, LOL:))?

Fairly sure they do

shoetailor do wide calf and wide ankle justbought 3 pairs and reasonable :D

Don't cry Angel! You'll be amazed what a couple of months on Cambridge can do!

I have huge calves too (not the bovine variety) and haven't been able to wear long boots for years. I've measured them and they are 17 inches, although I've only lost a stone and a half, so I can't imagine any will fit me yet, and I don't want to risk the humiliation of not being able to do them up in a shop!

Next also do a wide calf boot if you're interested. I've never tried them, but a friend of mine buys all hers from that range.

Back