Big Debate! Syns from day before??

Lianna

Silver Member
is bad??, but sometimes if i dont use all my syns say on a monday and it gets to tuesday and i have something with a syn value i write it on monday so i can have more on tuesday!! is this wrong?? im still not going over my syns for the week!

anyone any ideas??

This had been an ageold debate since SW began lol. Some people use their syns daily, some weekly. Some consultants says this is allowed, some say it's not. There is some info on the SW website about this, I've seen it posted on here before but I'm not sure where it is, maybe someone else can respond with this info for you?? Personally I have weekly syns, it doesn't affect my losses (as long I I remain 100%) and fits in with my lifestyle. I tend to stick to between 5-10 per day then always have a couple of vodka and s/l tonics are the weekend which can total up to 30 syns in one evening. I generally try to keep my maximum allowance at 80 syns as I haven't got a huge amount of weight to lose but this doesn't work for everyone. The only other problem that is mentioned quite regularly on here about saving syns is it can cause you to go off track. a) by raiding the fridge after you've had your allowance of alcohol as drink does make you ravenous b) once you have all those syns some people find it hard to stop and go on an all out binge.

My advice would be to try it, see if it works for you

I think it's also binge eating they are trying to discourage and the danger of that slippery slope of not getting back on plan after the event.

The SW website says that it is allowed to use syns weekly. I've always used mine weekly and it gives a lot of flexibility.
IMO it's the way a lot of slim people live, they eat less during the week and more at weekends.

By the way, I don't drink alcohol, so the binge drinking argument doesn't apply to everyone.

Yep, I'd give it a try & see if it works for you. I have my syns on a weekly basis because MiL comes round with wine & chocs on a Saturday (every week). I always keep the wrappers so I know exactly what I've eaten & I write it down the next day.

A problem can arise when you save your syns for a Saturday night drink & just have so many you've forgotten what you've had & go over.

Otherwise go for it & enjoy your syns:D

I am trying to use just my limit each day, but if i go over on one day then i move my allowance around. Now my consultant said that you cant do this but my old consultant said that you can, but for me personally just being able to move the syns around makes me feel less like chucking in the towel if i go over on one day. i have only just started doing this and i have only got 9 syns left for each day until wednesday now, whereas before i would have realised that i had gone over and continued having my 15 syns a day and gone over for the week or even given up for that week. have i made sense in what i have said.

Just to clarify even though I do save extra syns some weekends I am not a "binge drinker", I have an absolute maximum of 8 drinks during and after dinner with friends from 7pm - perhaps 1am. Suddenly got a vision of people thinking I'm out clubbing downing shots with a mob of 18 year olds lol xx

i usually just use my syns daily...around 10 but up to 15.
but this week i had an off plan lunch on tuesday which i wrote down then came home and played with syns online and estimate to be about 50 syns.so this week(i weigh in on mons) for the first time i have gone weekly so been sticking to around 5 the rest of the week.
will be slightly over the 70-80 i normally have but still under the 105 allowed.
hoping this will even things out! lol!

No worries bugaboo, glad to see you enjoy you're vino, I miss wine sooo much. Now that is one thing I have stopped drinking purely because it's higher in syns than vodka and I definately couldn't be trusted with it :)

Luverick, you will have to let us know how you get on, when do you WI?

mondays at 5.30!!
nervous as its also my first week not constantly checking on my home scales as i got rid of them,lol!! so i really have no idea!

Oooo almost the same as me, Monday 6:15! I used to be a scale-a-holic but I'm really trying to resist the temptation, I'm actually considering putting them on ebay as they're a good digital pair. Have you exercised this wk too? I haven't done that much so I'm panicking even more although I AM going to go to the gym today and aerobics tomorrow. You're losses so far are fab though and you're into a healthy BMI too so that in itself is something to be applauded!

Bugaboo join me in getting rid of those pesky scales!!

Just to clarify even though I do save extra syns some weekends I am not a "binge drinker", I have an absolute maximum of 8 drinks during and after dinner with friends from 7pm - perhaps 1am. Suddenly got a vision of people thinking I'm out clubbing downing shots with a mob of 18 year olds lol xx

Lol!! This post made me laugh :D Unfortunately, based on the government's definition of binge drinking (drinking more than twice the daily limit in one day - which they class as 6 for women) you are a binge drinker! But then so am I...and my weekly units of alcohol very rarely goes over 8 as I never drink in the week!!! :) Silly huh, compared to these people who are out downing pint after pint, and copious amounts of shots!

I think they ought to come up with a new definition of binge drinking for those people who only have a few drinks on one night but don't go over their weekly limit :)

Sorry, I went a bit off topic there! To the original poster - depending on whether I'm going to be having a drink at the weekend of not, I sometimes have daily syns or weekly syns. It hasn't harmed my weight loss so far! If I'm going on a special night out I have a flexi syn day (mainly because the girlies I go out with drink like fishes ;) :giggle:)

Sian xxx

Oooo almost the same as me, Monday 6:15! I used to be a scale-a-holic but I'm really trying to resist the temptation, I'm actually considering putting them on ebay as they're a good digital pair. Have you exercised this wk too? I haven't done that much so I'm panicking even more although I AM going to go to the gym today and aerobics tomorrow. You're losses so far are fab though and you're into a healthy BMI too so that in itself is something to be applauded!

Bugaboo join me in getting rid of those pesky scales!!

nope not really done any exercise.....few 25 min bursts on ex bike at start of week...doing less as its school hols so no long walks when kids are in school,lol!

I'd say, it's all depends on the individual's ability to get back on track and lifestyle! I'm pretty focused in that if I have a flexi day, I KNOW its got to be just the *one* day - but have been guilty the odd once or twice of letting the 'binge' continue for a few days and inevitably got a gain. I as a rule of thumb, use 10-15 syns daily and if necessary, just the once every now & again have a flexi day xxx

I want to throw the scales....... BUT....... How will I cope!!! I should do. I will if you do then!! Xx

do it!!!! find my being sensible but brave thread and join on in!!!
im on day 6 of cold turkey!!! eek!! and i used to weigh a lot every day.....if i can do it you can!!

Back