BIG DILEMA????

mizzyk

4 stone to go
I have just found out that I have lost my job.....:( this poses a threat on my diet.....not becuase i am upset and want to eat my way through the fridge but I wont be able to afford my packs any more.

My husband is the breadwinner in this house and i only had a part time job as a hairdresser but my salon is closing due to lack of business.

My husband says that with all ours outgoings as they are i am not going to be able to carrying on paying £35 a week to continue with the diet as £45 a week can feed us both for 2wks. I see his point and cant be mad at him for this but i am so gutted.

I do have two weeks worth of soups at the mo to last me but what will i do at the end of them?

I am totally gutted. <<<<< wells up with tears >>>>>

oh honey, that is terrible for ya.

you have got 2 weeks supply and sure you never know what will happen in them 2 weeks eh???

hope you feel ok soon

sending you mega hugs

Gen xx

Hi Mizzy....I am so so soooo sorry to hear your news... Can you continue with what you have and see about getting another job in the meantime?
Even if all you earned was enough to pay for your CD that would be something...I'll be thinking of you and hoping it works out

Ah hunny im sorry for you.Try and get another job as a hairdresser you maybe able to find another as they are usually looking for staff?I know where I live they are all the time.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxc

Awww (((hugs))) :(
thats not good at all. i can see hubbys point that money is tight and you can both live on £45. Wondering if you both can stretch a teeny bit more to £55 a week that was you still stay on diet and hubby can live on £20?
I know my other half lives on less than £20 a week in food.

either way you still got 2 weeks and like gen said you never know what might happen.
Keep focused for now tho hun xxxx

Thanks guys!.... I am going to start looking 2mrw, hopefully will be able to get another job so that i will not have to stop the CD. My fear is that i know that if I come the diet i need to eat healthy but how much weight will i put straight back on as a result of starting to eat again???

Do you have your own kit? could you do home visits? Talk to your regulars and find out who will be loyal to you if you moved to a different salon or set up on your own. Even if you just did a few jobs for friends for a couple of weeks you could raise cash towards the cost of CD.

Give out your phone number to your clients then even if they did go somewhere else after the salon closed and were disappointed with the result, they could come back to you.

Good luck

Only other thing I can think of it to move up the plans to 1000 cal and reduce the number of packs you are using, this will reduce the cost then make it easier to drop back down to SS when you have more cash.

I am not fully qualified so i am not able to go mobile but that was a nice thought from you.

Never thought of going on the 1000 plan? that is a good idea...I will chat with my cdc to see what she thinks.

Sorry to hear about your job, Mizzy - that's horrid news. But I bet you can get another one really soon - got my fingers crossed for you, hun!

Guys my hubby has agreed that i need to still do a diet but he says £35 is to expensive and we simply cannot afford it.. however i can do Weight Watcher or Slimming World as this is only £5 or so a week and we can buy our shopping around our budget for that. Then when we have more money available I can go back to the CD..... do you think this is a good idea....?

Dont know whats wrong with me latley cant make a decision on my own! LOL

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma! I was just thinking that by the time you have bought food and paid for slimming club the amount you save is quite small. I was wondering if there is anything else you can cut back on? TV channels you don't watch, dvd rental etc. You should check out MoneySavingExpert.com ad-free, free to use, Consumer Revenge! there is some ace tips on there. Also is there a chance of getting a new job quickly there are loads of Xmas vacancies being advertised?

Best wishes

Dizzy x

Hi Mizzy, you can only do what works in your budget hun!! Trying SW or WW sounds like a great idea..you definately want to keep up the work you have already started, so there is no point in giving up completely!! You never know, you might find the WW or SW plans suit you anyway!! Good luck watever you decide!

Oh, what a nightmare!

There are lots of seasonal jobs out there just now though, even if its just to see you through till you get into another salon. Have noticed ad's in Boots, Argos and M&S - M&S is meant to be good pay, and good discounts off the stuff as well by the way.

Also there are zillions of temping agencies out there too - its the cold and flu season jsut now, so if you can cope with answering phones and photo copying then you should definately get something. And remember - from working as a hairdresser you've got great transfereable customer service skills!

Hi Mizzyk,

I really feel for you!

Whilst you get yourself back on your feet, how about we all order 1 extra shake or bar from our CDC and post it to you.

Theres loads of us here on this forum and i'm sure that if we each sent you one pack there would be enough to carry on the diet until you find a new job.

If you want to, PM me your address and I can start the ball rolling !

Polly x
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Mizzyk,

I really feel for you!

Whilst you get yourself back on your feet, how about we all order 1 extra shake or bar from our CDC and post it to you.

Theres loads of us here on this forum and i'm sure that if we each sent you one pack there would be enough to carry on the diet until you find a new job.

If you want to, PM me your address and I can start the ball rolling !

Polly x
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Awwwr hunny that is really really sweet of you to suggest that but I could not ask anyone to pay for my things but the thought is the sweetest. <<<< Wells up >>>>.

WE have decided anyway after a very intense chat this evening tocut back in the house everything we can, I am going to slimming world diet or weight wathchers for a bit then when we are financially stable again and we can afford me to come back to CD then I will......you've not heard the last of me yet Cambride Diet (lol)

I am feeling much better this evening anyway I have mailed my CV to a few temp agencies and will go the job centre in the morning.

But thanks again guys n gals....... its like your my family on here.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back