Big guy wants to be smaller guy post hip replacement

Sew

Hi there,

until 10 years ago I was in great shape lots of football lots of martial arts and I smoked, gave up smoking and then had a football injury that kept me out, slowly the weight started coming in didn't really notice. One of the problems I had that was as well as not doing the sport for the calorie burning I was using this time to eat and drink more ! Had a couple of bouts 8 years ago on Atkins dropped weight fast but did not feel well and could not keep it off. Since then I played a bit of football and started doing martial arts again but 5 years ago I was getting to much pain and arthritis was discovered in my hip this ended all sports and got to the point where even walking round the supermarket was painful felt really miserable so eat anything and everything.

Anyway 5 weeks ago I had a hip replacement and part of my deal with the surgeon is that I lose 3 stone which I will do have enjoyed all the stretching and exercises that I have to do to get the hip fit and will continue this and walking. For me I took a big step on Sunday and bought all the slim fast stuff and started yesterday I am doing his with my wife and intend to do 3-2-1 plus some veg snacks for two-three weeks and then go to calorie counting. The reason I am doing it his way is not so much to get a jump start but more to psychologically to make a very controlled change to make a gap between what I am eating and changing how I eat, does hat make sense ? Buying a slimming product is a huge deal for me and this alone i think will help me. I am also going to have one cheat (not binge) day a week.

I think that my normal intake is between 2500 and 4000 a day on 321 I am on about 1400 and when I start counting I think that I will be looking at 1800-2000 a day to start with.

I have renewed my gym membership but with an active 3 year old I am it sure how much use I will be able to get in by I know that my walking will now be able to increase a lot.

all the best

Welcome to the forum Sew, best of luck with your CC I'm sure you will get plenty of help on here ;)

Back