big question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by advice, 5 May 2008 Social URL.

1. advice

advice New Member

hello guys

does anyone know how many NET CARBS you take in on the soul source if you have 3 shakes a day?

much appreciated

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

is net carbs total sugar carbs (in grams) minus fibre (in grams)?
  4. advice

advice New Member

5. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Sole Source
    must be the ave 14g per shake/soup.
    net carbs are what are counted for remaining on ketosis ie/ no effect on blood sugars etc...
    so i know my shakes are 14g each or there abouts.
    so would depend on whether you have 3/4 a day.
    hope this helps.
    just being nosey, but why do you ask???
  6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I dont understand the question, but Dancing why do you deduct the fiber content from the total number of carbs? I assume in terms of ketosis, the carb content without deductions is what is important yes?
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i deducted it because "net carbs" is a term used by Atkins and it refers to the amount of carbs that actually affects blood sugar levels. The fibre in the food counteracts some of the carb and therefore that is why you deduct the fibre amound from the carb amount.

I was assuming the OP posted here but wasn't necessarily doing CD/LL
  8. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

thanks Dancing I get it now :) I didnt realise they did that on Atkins, it wasnt a feature of my High Protein program :) Must get the atkins book....
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.