Big Test Coming Up

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Hiddenfishcake, 5 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Hiddenfishcake

Hiddenfishcake Full Member

7 weeks in to this now, and I face my first real major test.

I'm heading out soon to a barbeque in honour of my best mate who is emigrating in a couple of weeks time. Now so far I have managed to go to the pub and stick to pints of water, and I am quite happy to sit at the table with my family while they eat, but standing around with all my old mates with a load of bbq food and beer about is going to be really testing!

I'm making sure I've had plenty of water today and 3 out of the 4 packs. I'm not hungry anyway, but just being able top smell it all is going to get me salivating!

I haven't lapsed yet, and I'm determined it won't happen tonight either.

Have any of you any tips to make this easier?

Wish me luck! :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    lighter life
    Someone in my LL group said they went to a BBQ, when the food was served they went off & did some washing up.
    Maybe you could do that or go for a walk around the block.
    You are brave, don't think I could do it!
  4. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

You will be able to do it and you'll feel better when you have done. I've done a couple of bbq's and meals out now - you've just got to think of the end results.

5. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

I've been invited to a bbq and have had to say no. I've survived all sorts of stuff, meals out, black tie dinners, and tonight a full on hospitality pack at a tv thing. But for some reason the bbq is a bridge too far! Probably because the food bit goes on way too long and there's no clear stop time! The smell lingers forever and its just too tempting for me. I would definitely go for the washing up example, or the going for a walk tip. :)
  6. scooper

scooper Full Member

Began with LL, now CD
    You could always try having a pack while they are eating or a bar. It's what I do. I have been out to eat with the family and we do a lot of family get togethers and I just have my "food" when they are and I find that even though I am a bit jealous I can work through it.
  7. RED

RED Full Member

Just be strong and hang on in there u'll get through it...
    My family are actually havin a BBQ tomorrow and I am dreading it as I knocked myself out of ketosis on thursday with Tabasco sauce...ended up caving in yesterday... I spent today eating protien and veg..trying to go back into mode...Ideally I want to get back on track like NOW...But I know tomorrow will be hard...
    So Good luck to u...7 weeks in u'll do it!!
  8. Hiddenfishcake

Well I made it through the whole evening without cracking. It was actually made a lot easier as almost all of my friends made great comments about how much better I looked and how great I'd done so far. I'd have felt even more guilty if I'd have cracked there in front of them!

Onwards and downwards (in weight) eh!
  9. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

:clap: well done, you've come through it really strong - bet you feel great for having succeeded!

10. Hiddenfishcake

Oh I do. The comments I received last night brought home how well I've done and have spurred me on to finish what I've started.

I hope everyone else comes through these tests the same and they make them more determined too.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.