Bigger Losers

*jenjen*

I will do this...
So I'm 4lbs away from losing 6 stone and now I'm starting to feel a bit... Awkward.

People are really starting to notice my weight loss and are asking how much I've lost. It's great that people are paying compliments but I'm suddenly realising that I'm almost half way through, I look like I've still got a fair bit to go, even if I am looking well...

It might sound like a strange question, to those of you who have more to loose, did you feel a bit, I dunno a bit weirded out when people asked you how much you have lost?

I think I'm rambling a bit but if you actually understand me I would be interested to hear what you think :D

I think it's normal to be weirded out but take it as a compliment lovely!

Personally I only tell people close to me how much I've lost to date and I might tell others how much I have lost when I've finished x

I'm nearly 8st down and when people ask me directly "how much have you lost" i always reply "not enough yet" and giggle...i think its a very personal thing to ask someone and i can honestly say none of my real friends have asked me that question..They always say things like.."your looking good...your looking really well" etc etc....Its nearly as bad as asking a lady of a certain age how old she is lol xxxx

I guess I've been really public about it, as my balloon pictures are on facebook too, so everyone knows how much I've lost, and ask me when I'll be getting my next balloon. Sometimes I feel a little awkward, as I figure they'll be able to work out how much I used to weigh. However, for me, I've found it really good, as a way to hopefully help stop me ever putting it back on again; by letting everyone who knows me, at work, church, family, friends etc know what I'm doing, how far I've come and how far I've got to go.

On the plus side, people know how serious I am about losing this weight, and how much work / effort I've put in already to lose this much weight. If they guessed how much I'd lost, they'd probably think it was more like 2-3 stone, and that it was easyish to lose.

I'm getting a lot of comments now that there's no way I've got another 2.5-3 stone to go; but I know I do have. Yes, sure I look a lot better than I used to, but if you met me for the first time now, you still wouldn't think I was a healthy weight, which is what I want to achieve.

Sorry, I'm burbling on.
I guess the questions about how much weight you've lost are a bit like when you're pregnant and everyone feels like they're entitled to come and touch your tummy, etc, which is also very strange & personal. I don't really think it's OK for other people to ask the detail like that, I think it's up to you whether you want to share it with anyone, and who you want to share it with.

Thanks for posting everyone. It's really good to hear everyone else's perspective on their experiences.

I am so proud of myself for doing this. I know how well I am doing. I am chuffed that I've taken responsibility for my health once and for all. And here comes the but... It's the reason I think that I'm starting to feel a bit weirded out by it... I'm starting to feel a bit ashamed that I got myself to where I was and that people will know this. And it's the people that I'm closest too that I don't want to know.

It's not really a big issue because I know that I will find a way to get around telling people now - probably along the same lines as saying not enough when asked how much I've lost.

I think it's all just hit me at once about how much I've actually lost, and in such a short period. I only started to loose weight in February and I think my head is trying to catch up. When I look at my new clothes I find it incredible to think it fits me lol.

i cant wate for that first wow how much have you lost i think it will probaly come after the school summer holidays when i take the kids back to school i have 6 stone to lose my big fear is i wont know when to stop and ill keep saying oh just a bit more oh next week when i reach that goal as this is the first time a diet has worked

i cant wate for that first wow how much have you lost i think it will probaly come after the school summer holidays when i take the kids back to school i have 6 stone to lose my big fear is i wont know when to stop and ill keep saying oh just a bit more oh next week when i reach that goal as this is the first time a diet has worked

Thats funny, I was thinking the same thing to myself earlier. I can't wait for the comments. Just had the 1st comments from my boyfriend that he can see the weight Ive lost & was so chuffed. I won't tell anyone (other than on Minimins) how much I actually weigh, but I'll gladly tell everyone how much I've lost. Its a big achievement that you should be proud of. I can't wait for the reactions at the school after the holidays, coz they won't have seen me for 6 weeks, so will hopefully notice a big difference xxx

Awe bless you, (I love the word weirded out )New word to add to my own dictonary) . I bet you look fabulous, well done to you :).

When I lost 5-6 stone before, I love the compliments and I was happy to tell them how much I lost, I was very upfront about it, Very upfront on how I did it, And what I USED to weigh.

You are going to be at goal in no time.

xxxxxx

My head hasn't caught up with how much av lost. I buy size 14s n think they're so small then when they fit I think it's a mistake lol. With the exception of my family, only 3 friends know my start and current size and weight. We are doing the diet together and it's easier to share. A few friends have asked what size or weight I am and I never really answer. One said earlier I must be a size 10 now lol, it's obvious am not but I think they wanted to catch me out. For me it's personal and I am ashamed to say I started the diet at over 22st and have lost 6 1/2 st. Too embarassing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I'm exactly the same - looking at my 18s thinking there's no way I fit into those lol

Here's hoping I do get to goal quickly and the next 6stone comes off as well as the last :D xx

Oh I'm exactly the same - looking at my 18s thinking there's no way I fit into those lol

Here's hoping I do get to goal quickly and the next 6stone comes off as well as the last :D xx

I think it takes longer for our heads to catch up! I still look at the clothes that fit me now and don't believe that they really will.

Oooh, hope the next 6 stone slip off you :)

Back