Bigger loss in second week?

Hiya-this is more out of interest than anything-I just wondered how many people lost more on the second week of their diet than the first?

I lost 1.5lb on my first week (weighed in today) and although I am obviously pleased with my loss, I was expecting a slightly bigger number, as I have been very good, and this is also the heaviest that I have ever been... I know that I need to look at it over four weeks really (can you tell that I'm a bit impatient!)-but am hoping that I will at least hit 2lbs on most weeks!

Hi MissyMahem

Congrats on your first loss! Shows you understand the plan and are doing things right.

I lost 1.5lb at my first WI last week and was quite disheartened as I'd followed the plan 100% and exercised, etc.

A lot people on here recommended 2 specific things: increase my syns (was only having 4 or 5 a day) and make sure to drink plenty of water.

So this week, I did just that. Same types of meals but ALL my syns and more plain water than tea/coffee, and I lost 2 pounds. What a doddle week 2 was! Didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

I'd love to be losing 3 or 4 a week, but I don't that's realistic for me. I'm 5'0" but do have a couple of stone to lose. At 2 pounds a week, I'm looking at a steady sustainable weight loss that gives me a nice, easy to manage lifestyle. I can honestly say I've loved the food I've eaten this week, and the odd curly wurly treat makes it all the better.

So, after all that waffle, what I'm really trying to say is that I realise now that my disappointment was that I didn't get a bigger 'kick start' in week one. I never expected to lose 5lbs a week every week on this plan and an average of 2 lbs feels acceptable, so it's not that big a deal to me now that I only lost 1.5 in the first week.

Stick with it.
x

I lost bigger in my second week than my first, but I had been healthy eating prior to starting SW for several months, I joined to keep my motivation going. First week was 3.5 second week was 5.5.

Generally, the first week loss happens to be the biggest but then you may well have weeks where completely out of nowhere you will have an unexpected bigger loss, or an unexpected gain. Do keep your eye on the bigger picture, stick to the plan, and however many weigh-ins it takes, you will get your rewards for your hard work.

Thanks for your support guys. I definitely need to drink more water-thanks for reminding me fluffski. I think it'll be easier when I go back to work on Tuesday after maternity-I tend to drink more water at work (and snack less-because I don't have as much time to-which helps!).

I have my 2cnd week weigh in tomorrow, feeling slightly stressed about it,even though I've done everything correct and not had any "naughty"stuff, I think sometimes I just over think about losing enough, but work is crazy at the moment and I'm on training tomorrow so popping into the meeting on my lunch, will let you know how it goes xxx

Hiya-this is more out of interest than anything-I just wondered how many people lost more on the second week of their diet than the first?

I lost 1.5lb on my first week (weighed in today) and although I am obviously pleased with my loss, I was expecting a slightly bigger number, as I have been very good, and this is also the heaviest that I have ever been... I know that I need to look at it over four weeks really (can you tell that I'm a bit impatient!)-but am hoping that I will at least hit 2lbs on most weeks!

I did!

As below 1lb in first week and 6lb in second! - a full 5lb more!

In my first attempt at SW I lost 1lb the first week and 4lbs the second week. After I rejoined in December I lost 4lbs the first week and 5lbs the second week - so you never know. Good luck for getting the result you want.

i lost 7.5lb in first week and 5ln in 2nd week tonight i think it all depends on the person

3lb first 4lb 2nd but i am aiming at 2lb a week for now i think it depend's on how much you have to lose aswell as how bad your eating habit's were before you started but the most important thing is its coming off we can eat load's lol tho i have noticed my portions are getting smaller and not deliberately

Back