Biggest ever blow out - what did you chomp?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
After a mini pig out on friday night a lot of you guys told me it was a lame attempt! :8855:

So Im wondering what you've managed to consume in your biggest ever blow out?:eek:

Hi,

Glad I found this post!! Made me feel better. I am following slimming world and had a really bad day. The kids left some flumps (marshmallow things) lying around. Ooops, Mummy ate about 10, felt really bad and confessed to my husband! He said well how many syns is this. OMG they are 2 syns each so I scoffed 20 syns in like 5 minutes. I felt bad for a few days, but hey we all reach breaking point. I wish I had eat something more worth while for 20 syns! This post made me feel human and not a complete failure. Hope I have not gained or maintained on weigh in tomorrow....if I have its all down to flumps!! How sad!!

Loving your Flumps story Becky!! LOL! Who would have thought such soft, fun loving things could be so menacing!! Good luck for tomorrow!! I'm sure if you were good the rest of the time the flumps won't cause too much havoc!!X

Biggest blow out whilst on SW or in general?

Biggest one I've had on SW was pretty much when I first started. I went to visit a friend for a leaving party. Drank a full bottle of Blossom Hill Rose, and then an extra two glasses on top of that, consumed Vodka Jelly and half a bottle of cherry shots. Lets just say, nobody remembered anything after about 10:30pm!!

Hangover munchies BIG style the next day. Had just over half a pizza hut pizza and some potato wedges. And I still managed to lose (not very much but still!)!!

Lets not talk about blow outs before SW....compared to what I eat now, I used to be sooo unhealthy. Especially when I was with my ex. We used to get lots of takeaways - chinese, indians, fish and chips, pizzas....ugh, it actually makes me sick to think about it! I defo blame him though - whenever I bought healthy stuff (fruit/veg/salad) he always used to either throw it in the bin or give it to his little sister's au pair!! Haha

Thank god for SW :D

I think my biggest one so far was a chinese... I'm not sure how many syns it was because I don't know the portion size but i had salt and pepper wings (9 of them) and then fried rice with mongolian beef! But I went right back to plan the next day and still managed a loss at WI so was quite pleased, although the week I had the chinese, I hadn't been using my syns per day, so maybe thats why it worked out ok.

Its good to hear we all do the same thing though - thanks guys x

An entire catering size can of smash. In my defense I was pregnant and craving carbs. Oddly enough it put me of instant mash for life.

Q

WOW Allie.. Did you even feel good afterwards? When I walk down the sweets aisle in the supermarket now, most of what I see actually makes me feel ill... which is bizarre because I used to have a family sized mint aero and a BOX of maltesers almost every night when watching the soaps!

Phew, speaking of blowouts! I feel like i had one yesterday, went out for dinner with hubby and had a grilled steak with french fries and treating myself to 2 cocktails! Probably consumed about 40 syns at dinner alone!

I start the day off well but then i falter toward the end if i'm having a bad day. I'm still back on plan the next day though i refuse to give up as i know it works when you do it properly.

Loving the flumps story Becky! Damn those little soft pockets of heaven!

I'm like Allie, if I do binge it will almost certainly be on chocolate! It's been a while but the last time I binged big time consisted of approx, 4x large double choc cookies, 4 or 5 chocolate bars, a gregs cheese pasty the fish and chips with OH in the evening, I ate nothing nutritionally beneficial, I ate crap all day. Makes me feel ashamed just thinking about it now. Urrgh!

I was starting to think i was the only one who binged quite as much as i did in one sitting!! On a few occasions i would go to tesco on the way to work, get a bag of the 5 large cookies, then another pack of something maybe muffins or doghnuts...and eat half before work....eat my normal food during the day...then finish the rest on the way home...have my normal tea then sneak out to the supermarket to get ice cream or more chocolate or cake! Meals never seem to be a problem i just get a craving for cookies or cakes! :( I dont get why i do it...normally i can overcome the craving but when i do it i know im gonna feel gross anyway!! :S

I was starting to think i was the only one who binged quite as much as i did in one sitting!! On a few occasions i would go to tesco on the way to work, get a bag of the 5 large cookies, then another pack of something maybe muffins or doghnuts...and eat half before work....eat my normal food during the day...then finish the rest on the way home...have my normal tea then sneak out to the supermarket to get ice cream or more chocolate or cake! Meals never seem to be a problem i just get a craving for cookies or cakes! :( I dont get why i do it...normally i can overcome the craving but when i do it i know im gonna feel gross anyway!! :S
Ahh, seeing you write about Tesco has reminded me of a super binge before SW. Think it was about a year ago. I had been travelling for 5 hours to go down and see the now ex. Totally forgot to take any food with me for the journey and didn't want to pay train prices.

Waited until I got to Kings Cross. Went to the sandwich shop there about bought a cheese salad sandwich, think it was half a french stick actually. Chose the cheese salad because I figured with salad it would be "healthy" HAHA!!

Then, got to his house and we decided to go to Tesco in Slough. Straight into Krispy Kreme, bought 10 doughnuts. Consumed about 5 of these whilst wandering around. Got back to his and had a full meat feast pizza with garlic sauce, some potato wedges also with garlic sauce, and chicken goujons with...you guessed it...garlic sauce. And then after I ate ice cream and another doughnut! and THEN we went to the pub and shared a couple of bottles of wine and cider.

I am so glad I am not in that place anymore. Just writing this an thinking about it makes me feel ill! Thanks for this thread moomintrolljen....it's making me feel that i've made lots of positive changes since last year!!!

My biggest ever blow out was when I went away for 3 days for my birthday. I ate soooo much rubbish! Subways, Mcdonalds, Dinner out every day, one day we got hungry about midnight and ordered pizza to the hotel! Loads of chocolates and sweets. It was all so good at the time, but I felt really ill on the day we came home!

But..... I still managed to lose 2lbs!!! (???)

An entire catering size can of smash. In my defense I was pregnant and craving carbs. Oddly enough it put me of instant mash for life.

Q

Of all the things to binge on... thats so funny! when i was pregnant i was absolutely addicted to strawberry milkshake and salt and vinegar crisps. well..i actually craved strawberry custard but you couldnt buy that back then so i settled for pints and its of strawbrry milk a day. i also wanted indian food allll the time and would often order it when i was alone... but i wouldnt want the delivery guy to know i was pigging out alone so would order enough for 2 people (with starters..2 mains, 2 rices or 1 with chips... and slowly eat it all. those were some dark, sad times and one hell of a binge. have i won?

Before I started Slimming World my every day diet consisted of junk from start to finish. When I think back now to what I used to eat it saddens me greatly cause I should never have got myself into such a state and did it make me happy no it did not. I would never eat meals, my life was just one long binge from start to finish.

I've only had one major blow out since starting on the SW plan and it was on the day where I went to group, having been good all week yet gained 1.5 pounds. It sent me in to total melt down and looking back it is ridiculous how I behaved but I was so shocked I just did n't know how to handle it. I remember the night so clearly and what I ate - I had a tub of ben and jerrys icecream, 1 slice of new york style cheese cake, and 2 wispas. What did suprise me was I actually left more than what I ate - my eyes were deffinately bigger than my belly. Prior to SW I'd have eaten it all. Ok so it was a binge but as such it still had its positives. I don't find sweet things, especially chocolate as appetising as I used to, things have deffinately changed for the better. :)

oo weigh in night last time i did slimming world- i'd always go home and have a binge- bad i know, cos i'd think i have the whooole week to put it right again, now i've realised how bad an idea that was, but in my defence, i had to walk past a fish and chip shop, a pizza place, a kebab place, and a southern fried chicken place, and a supermarket nextdoor!!

My worst was my birthday this year omg!!! started with a SW brekkie lol then..

Lunch: Frankie and Benny's: creamy chicken soup for starter and for my main I had bbq chicken wrap with fries and coleslaw
Snacks: 2 slices of birthday cake, 3 choc buns i made
Dinner: chicken chow mein and chips

Only put half a pound on at the WI following this, only because I had 2 days of 0 syns before my birthday and no syns til WI, loads of speed foods and plenty of exercise lol

Uh oh scary topic with all this talk of food. I wasn't going to post because it makes me feel quite ashamed but then perhaps it's like AA, admit the problem that got you here in the first place.:8855:

Before SW when I got back from shopping I would eat a whole loaf of fresh bread with brie and meat. A large pack of sensations or tube of pringles and a huge bar of chocolate. I'd eat until I couldn't move and then have to sleep it off. It's not only embarrassing admitting to it but makes me sad that even though I hated how I felt doing it I just wouldn't stop. I'd take all the food to bed with me so no one could see.

After I started SW the biggest binge I've had is 4 alpen lights, 2 packs of pombears and 3 punnets of strawberries. It was all 'on plan' though not recommended in one go! I felt awful after that I'd caved to a binge however harmless it actually was and so far it's scared me not to let it happen again. :)

Back