Biggest Loser Challenge Has a Winner!!!

cornishkez said:
No, I never got twitter?! Should I give it another go? How do I find you guys?

I signed up ages ago and never got into it but really started enjoying it recently.
In search put @lyndzi76 and I should come up. Same with the other girls. x

OscarsMum said:
Omg surfhunny we live quite close to each other - I shop at teesside park lol! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Great Things is from Teesside too & I went to Teesside Park after work tonight! Love how small the world is :)

Right I'm off to bed, see if I can manage to get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight!! Night all x

I just watched the US Biggest Loser, what a drama!! I've got pretty mixed feelings on it, it just seems really over the top. I thought it was really harsh that the blue team didn't even get the chance to go into the house. I thought the way the UK one did it was better, at least they got one week of training to learn new exercise and nutritional habits. But no, the US one there's a team who are straight out! At least they get the chance to come back if they can lose 50lbs between them I guess. I thought the way Dolvett and Bob came in was sooo over the top and cheesy! Seems to be a lot more about the entertainment than the UK one I think but maybe I've got it wrong, it's only the first one after all. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks and see if I get to like it more.

Though I didn't like the drama and over the topness of it, I do like the trainers much more than in the UK one. They seem much better but maybe that's partly cos you see them doing their thing more, I don't know. I definitely like it more than the UK one though. I love that they still track the losers and you can see how they did by themselves.

HI LOSERS!

LOL -- I remember so well being offended if someone called me a LOSER... now it is a total compliment. ;)

I watched both (for the first time, I saw the first show). I have bits of both shows in the past, but they just made me feel sad. I am hoping that by being there from the start -- I'll feel invested with the participants.

Let's watch the pounds drop off us all.
Looking forward to watching BL (UK & USA) as I never watched a whole series. x

Me, neither. Watched both as I worked out with the iron and ironing board. I plan to make that my Tuesday night routine.

doing ok today just down on my water intake with teaching i don't drink much as you can't go to the loo when you want to.

When I was on LL and working at the school -- I was so miserable. I had to drink most of my water after work.

so far i've drank 3 pints of water, 2 cups of coffee, 4 cd products.

need 2 more pints into me tonight.

Nikki, You always do so well with the water.

Poor Cory, I could cry for him. x

I did tear up -- and I was little angry that they did not "throw in the towel" and get him help immediately.

it's just so unfair. it's obvious that the people who really need to be on the ranch are those that fail the task. the chap that carried on doing the 500 steps for his son..... i want to go to the ranch too.

But, he can go home and do it is on his own and maybe come back. There is no point in having someone do this and harm themselves in the process. The goal is to be healthy, not just slimmer.

Oh my goodness red team are from Stockton Nikki!

Yeah, when I heard that I thought, "Nikki and Sal could have teamed up and done this." Then, I thought how would Nikki's Dh manage without her! LOL

"Lets just run until they can't see us!!" I cant believe they just said that!

I can... when I was in high school there were girls who would move to the back of the gym class -- and just lift their arms up and "fake" the jumping jacks.

I dont have the channel to watch it :( i am gutted!

I now they gave you the channels, but you might also be able to view it online after it has aired.

I like the US one better, the UK contestants moan far too much for my liking lol. Cos obviously I never moan ;)

So, far I like the UK one. I like the pairs (who know each other) better than random teams. I also found the "emotional purging" on the U.S. BL uncomfortable.

I was so happy she stayed and was glad damien got to team up with her cos you could tell how much more he wanted it than Sam, sams attitude made me so annoyed!

I was glad she got to stay, and thrilled that she got teamed with Damien after he got screwed by Sam. However, kudos to Sam for making more of an effort later and losing so much.

Cheers Kez I've just spent ages hunting back through, I was sure she was. Is it fair do you think if the people that haven't added their start weights don't do it by Tuesdays 1st weigh in, we can replace them with the other people who seem keen to join in? I'll contact them first obviously before I bump them.

I think this is more than fair. If they do not post they are letting their team down.
BTW, do we post our weights by show time Tuesday? Or on Friday? I am confused.

I just watched the US Biggest Loser, what a drama!! I've got pretty mixed feelings on it, it just seems really over the top.

I agree... it was a bit much.

I thought it was really harsh that the blue team didn't even get the chance to go into the house. I thought the way the UK one did it was better, at least they got one week of training to learn new exercise and nutritional habits.

I agree...

But no, the US one there's a team who are straight out! At least they get the chance to come back if they can lose 50lbs between them I guess.

I thought the way Dolvett and Bob came in was sooo over the top and cheesy!
It's BOB... It needs to be BIG!

Though I didn't like the drama and over the topness of it, I do like the trainers much more than in the UK one. They seem much better but maybe that's partly cos you see them doing their thing more, I don't know.

I LOVE Jillian and Bob!

I definitely like it more than the UK one though. I love that they still track the losers and you can see how they did by themselves.

That is cool and makes it more motivational for people at home.

Well, I am holding my own with the CD810/1000. Cut the carbs way down, upping the water, rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes whilst watching BLUSA then went upstairs and ironed whilst I watched BLUK. I need to learn to iron with both hands or I will have uneven biceps. LOL

Again -- which day is weigh day? I booked to see my my CWPC at 8:50 a.m. on Tuesday, so I could compare her scale to mine and post my losses.

GO BLUE TEAM!!!

Hey Mel, the impression I got is that we all need to have weighed in by the time we get to Tuesday nights show. Regardless of what day we have our weigh in. The Tuesday night we will have our own little showdown!

Lucky for me I started on Tuesday, so it's straightforward for me. :)

Out of curiosity Mel, how do you find your losses on 810/1000? Thats what I am doing at the minute and I think week 1 will be a pleasant loss, becuase it's a change of diet and I have so much to lose. But after that not sure what losses I can expect?

What time do you want our loss by on the Tuesday? Do we post it on here or message it to you?

I dont think it matter, as long as Surf gets it. I think we are meant to post them by 6pm when the program is aired.

1: Surfhunny - 15st 5lbs (215lbs)
2: Shanny - 10st 9 lbs (149)
3: Sarah Lou -
4: Lyndzi76 - 16st 13lb (237)
5: Bluegirl - 16st 5.5lbs (229.5)
6: Great things - 13st (182)
7: Katiebaby - 18st 2lbs (254)
8: DappyMare - 19st 6lbs (272)
9: Lily - 15st 10lbs (220)
10: Oscars mum - 12st 11lbs (179)
11: Lea 87 - 12st 3lbs (171)
12: xkarina24 - 14st 6lbs (202)
13: Chlo - 16 st 10lbs (234)
14: Wannabefitatthirty -14st 11lbs (207)
15: Cornishkez - 18st 9.7lbs (261.7)
16: Lianneskturmey -
17: Xxrebeccaxx -
18: Jewels7877 - 14st 1lb (197)
19: MinnieMel - 11st 8.2lbs (162.2)
20: Clairem87 - 18st 5.25lbs (257.25)
21: Mrspayne212- 17 st 6lbs (244)
22: Foo Fan - 10 st 11 lbs (151)
23: Cappachino - 16st 12lbs (236)
24: Mum24nannie21 - 13st 7lbs (189)
25: Keighleyjo2010 - 16st 12lbs (236)
26: Debziedoo- 14st 13lbs
27: Ru2thy -12st 8lbs (176)
28: Carolineg - 18st 8lbs (260)
29: Linzois - 14st 10lbs (206)
30: Gorgeous x - 17st 5lbs (243

Its highly likely that I have misunderstood! I am sure Surf will come and sort it all out later. I'm sure everyone will be able to take part.

Omg surfhunny we live quite close to each other - I shop at teesside park lol! Xx

me too. going there tomorrow to return things to next and m&s. :) lol

:family2:

great things said:
me too. going there tomorrow to return things to next and m&s. :) lol

:family2:

Ha ha! Small world ;o) I will throw a party at my place when I reach target - fizzy water is on me ladies lol! Xx

debziedoo said:
im not sure i can do this then as i get weighed on a weds .. my start weight is 14st 13lbs

I think it's just a case the results spreadsheet gets published on here. You can have any weight in day.

cornishkez said:
Hey Mel, the impression I got is that we all need to have weighed in by the time we get to Tuesday nights show. Regardless of what day we have our weigh in. The Tuesday night we will have our own little showdown!

Lucky for me I started on Tuesday, so it's straightforward for me. :)

Yes Kerry's right it doesn't matter what day you weigh in so long as I have your results by show time on Tuesday. It's probably best if you PM me the results, that way I won't miss anyone, I'll add them to the spreadsheet as they come in.

debziedoo said:
im not sure i can do this then as i get weighed on a weds .. my start weight is 14st 13lbs

This made me put my thinking cap on!!! There's two ways I can think of doing this:

1/ counting your 14st 13lbs WI from yesterday as next weeks weight. So in effect your first week would be a stay the same, then the next week yours will be one of the first results I get from your wednesday weigh in.

OR

2/ if you're not happy with that you can weigh yourself at home on Tuesday and post your results like that. It's a day early for you this first week but after that itll be the same each week.

It's up to you, just let me know what you want to do.

Last edited:
Back