Biggirls GI Diary

biggirl86

Postaholic/lurker!
My PT suggested that I try the GI Diet for weight loss. I bought one the books by Rick Gallop and bought a load of food to try it out this week.
I've never done the GI diet so it's something to get used to. Although the food I get to eat certainly isn't an issue!!

So here's what I'll be having tomorrow:

B: Porridge
S: Fat free vanilla yogurt and a pink\red grapefruit
L: Turkey salad made with cherry tomatoes, celery, peppers and lettuce leaves with balsamic vinegar as a dressing
S: Pink\red grapefruit
D: Chicken and brown rice with courgettes and mange tout

I think it sounds quite yummy! I'm excited to give it a try so I hope I can lose weight on it. It actually sounds too nice to lose weight on!!

Anyway, any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lots of luck for your start on GL. Your menu looks good for tomorrow. Keep a close eye on portion sizes. I weighed foods at the start till I was comfortable with the correct amounts.
Try not to have more than about 40g rice as a starchy carb with your dinner. Drink about two litres of water throughout the day.
You feel a bit yeuchy over the first week but it will just be your body detoxing.
Good luck

Great to hear you had a good day. Well done for limiting the choccies.
Have a good day tomorrow.

Today I had porridge for breakfast, a grapefruit for a snack. For lunch I had a salad with balsamic vinegar.
For dinner I had 2 quick cook turkey steaks with brown rice and loads of mangetout and courgettes.
I don't think I had as much as I was supposed to but I was so rushed that I didn't have time to eat. Although my dinner was pretty large as I had so much veg with it!

I'm interested to know - what are the losses like on the GI Diet? I have never done it before so would love to have an idea!

Holford and Denby both say that losses of 3lbs a week are achievable.
I was not in a particular hurry to lose the weight as I looked on GL as a lifestyle rather than a diet for a set time. I also stress that I took little or no exercise. Some weeks I lost 1-2 lbs and other weeks I might lose 3-4lbs. If you want to maximise losses, then in addition to eating the right foods, you will also have to have small portions and take regular exercise of at least 30 mins a day.
I can testify to the fact that it is possible to average 1-2lbs a week with little effort other than choosing low GL foods.

Wahaaaaay!!! Don't you just love GL. 4lbs is a great result. Great incentive to keep at it.

Wow well done, that is brilliant!!!!! You must be well chuffed!!

Can I ask where do u get the turkey steaks - they sound very handy!

After looking at your food I got some turkey to make tikka skewers last night and they were v tasty. I've seen those quick cook turkey steaks in Tesco also, will have to add some to my next shop :)

Oh yeah, turkey is a real super food. It is lower in fat than chicken. those steaks are very handy. I often chop one up and use it in a stir fry. I haven't had turkey for a while so I must get some this week.

Hi Well done on your 4lb loss. My personal trainer advised that I also tried the GI diet so have been on here looking for ideas. Hope your next weight in goes well.

HI BigGirl
Thought i'd pop by and see how your doing.
Welldone on the 4lb thats a good number.
Wicked weather over us today;) and what a sunset view!

Good luck this week:)

Back