bigtosmall - You can do it this time Fatty.....................

bigtosmall

Well today is Day 1 and the day that I start on my weight loss journey. I got out of bed this morning and decided that summer is now over. (Did we have one :sigh:)

I am setting myself small goals and targets as I go along but I have roughly 7 stone to lose and I will still be overweight on a BMI chart. I need to get to 11 stone if my BMI is going to be healthy. Weighing in at 21 stone, I am sure there will be nothing left of me if I lose 10 stone! I'll re-assess as I get closer to my goal.

So why am I doing this.......

1. I am unhappy.
2. I have put around 3 stone on in the last 12 months and even when weighed 18 stone, I had twice as much energy as I do now.
3. I struggle to tie my shoe laces as my belly gets in the way
4. I am 40 next year and want to live until at least 50
5. My feet and back ache when I walk the dog, 12 months ago it didnt
6. I am embarrassed so try to hide it by wearing a jumper. Not a good luck in summer
7. I want to buy normal clothes. I recently went to USA and could buy clothes in normal shops. I want to do that here.
8. My wife tells me she still fancies me, how? I am gross. I look in the mirror and think WTF?
9. The kids tell me I am not fat. Who are they kidding? Do their mates call me names? I don't know.
10. I need to prove to myself that I am not a failure. I have lost weight and put it back on several times, this time will be a change for good.

YOU CAN DO THIS FATTY! :eek:

Yes you can do this and S&S is an excellent, effective and fast way of doing so. You can easily be over half way there by Christmas, probably more so as men lose quicker than women. With regards to BMI bear in mind it's a guide to be used in conjunction with other things, it's not the be all and end all as the scale is the same for women as men and doesn't take into account muscle mass, so a super fit rugby player for example would have a unhealthy BMI because of his muscle. Waist measurement is a very good indicator of health, so look that up too and find out what you're aiming for there.

The first week is the hardest but having done Cambridge Diet 6 years ago I found this surprisingly easier from the start and although often felt peckish I was not starving even on the first day. Drink plenty, that helps massively and look forward to the weight falling off :)

I got out of bed this morning and decided that summer is now over. (Did we have one :sigh:)

I was thinking the same myself!

You have 10 very good reasons and I look forward to seeing you tick each one off as I feel you are so determined to succeed.

7 stone will make such a difference to how you feel and look!

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I am really determined this time. There is no time to go back! My life is getting shorter and shorter and I will make everyone proud, but moreso, I will make myself proud.

I'll keep you all posted!

Back