Biker Chick's Newbie Nosh

Biker Chick

So it was recommended that I start a food diary as I'm following SW from home, to give me some pointers and somewhere to keep myself accountable, so here goes!

The first thing I have to say is after years of point and calorie counting, I am loving how full I am feeling. The liberation that comes with being able to eat if hungry is, well...... liberating :D

So as I am coming to the end of my second week, I thought I would play catch up and post a few days worth of meals so any obvious mistakes can be explained.

Mon 17/3/14

B= 4 Ryvita (HEB) 2 boiled eggs, cucumber, tomato, tbsp. extra light mayo (1 Syn)

L= Chicken & loads veg soup, Lidl style mint muller (0.5 Syns) Banana

D= Chicken, SW BBQ beans, SW wedges & salad. Grated 28g cheddar (HEA)

S= Mugshot (1%) Apple, Lidl cereal bar (5 Syns)

Tues 18/3/14

B= 4 Ryvita (HEB) 2 laughing cow light (HEA) ham, boiled egg, apple

L= Ainsley Harriot couscous (1 Syn) salad, extra light mayo (1 Syn) SW quiche, Banana, Muller

D= Pete's Peanut Curry (4.5 Syns) & Batchelors chicken savoury rice, Broccoli

Wed 19/3/14

B= 4 Ryvita (HEB) 2 boiled eggs, ex light mayo tbsp. (1 Syn) cucumber

L= Left over peanut curry & Rice with passata. Banana & Muller

D= Extra lean mince in tomatoe sauce, roast veg & Jkt Pot.

S= Mugshot, Apple, Cadburys caramel (12 :eek: Syns)

Thurs 20/3/14

B= Banana & Apple

L= Low fat Super Noodles with chicken breast and mushrooms. Grapefruit, banana, muller

D= Jkt Pot, Tuna & Extra light mayo 2 tbsp (2 Syns) Beans, cheese (HEA) Salad

S= Frozen grapes, Strawberry mentoes (7 Syns)

Sunday

B= Fruit salad topped with muller light. 4 Ryvita (b) 2 extra light laughing cow (part a)

L= 1/2 pasta n sauce, tuna, sweetcorn, Apple

D= Jerk chicken, sw wedges (1 oil), mushrooms, tomatoes,

S= bottle white wine oh convinced me to have (didn't take much!)

Total syns for the week 86/105 with splashes of skimmed milk in coffees not counted but I don't always use my whole hea or syne so should even out?

Week 2 Weigh in

11 stone 12lbs this morning so a STS. Not unusual for week 2 from what I've read although I was a bit disheartened :(. Onwards and downwards for me though. Not giving up, just going to look at the whole month's loss instead of focusing on 1 week.

Breakfast today was 4 Ryvita (B) 2 extra light cheese triangles (part A) Ham, Apple

Snack of an apple and a banana mid morning

Lunch is going to be a chicken and ham salad (1 syn on tbsp. extra light mayo) With some cooked pasta mixed through. Follow this with some fruit and a muller light.

Dinner is in the slow cooker and smelling nom nom nom! Lean diced beef curry type thing with potatoes and petit pois :eating: will serve this with roasted leeks and broccoli.

Not sure what to spend my syns on today yet. Not alcohol that's for sure, still got a headache from last night :p

Your dinner sound lovely, have to let me know how it turns out, not used my slow cooker for a few weeks, fancy getting started with it again :)

Was really nice, I just followed the SW Keema mince curry recipe from on here but used diced beef instead of mince, and added potatoes to it then chucked it all in the slow cooker x

Tuesday

Breakfast -
4 Ryvita (HEB) topped with 2 boiled eggs mashed with extra light mayo (1 syn) &cucumber

Lunch - A mish-mash of left over rice, free soup and chicken & vegetables all mixed together and topped with loads of salt and pepper. Followed by fruit salad (kiwi, melon, banana) topped with mint choc style muller (0.5 syns)

Dinner -
Jacket potato with tuna/extra light mayo (1 syn) Baked beans, 30g cheese (HEA) Roasted broccoli & leeks.

Evening Snack - Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Summary HEA & HEB + 8.5 syns

Another stay the same this Monday, actually got quite tearful but my jeans are hanging off and my husband says I look skinnier so maybe the pounds will catch up. Stayed on plan all week then had day off yesterday for a family party. Didn't go mad but drank a bottle of cava to myself (well it WAS mothers day :D) so on to a new week for me.

Monday

Breakfast

2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB)
coffee with splash semi skimmed milk (PART HEA)
2 eggs, scrambled with splash semi skimmed milk (PART HEA)
Scraping of light Philadelphia (LAST PART OF HEA :D)

Snack

Apple

Lunch

Leftover chicken, veg and potato stir fry with added peppers and mushrooms
Strawberries, kiwi, Milbona strawberry yoghurt (Lidl's Muller light equivalent)

Snack

4 slices wafer thin ham

Dinner

Jacket potatoes with mozzarella (4 syns) Chorizo (2.5 syns) chicken breast & lots of roasted vegetables

Evening Snack

Curly Wurly (6 syns)

USED HEA + HEB & 12.5 syns

Back