Biketoberfest - here we come...wooooo hooooo

Mrs Harley

Well after weeks of debating should we shouldn't we...last night we finally decided that we are off to Biketoberfest in Daytona, Florida this Oct and I am soooooo excited

We were due to go back the the UK for a family wedding in Sept and to Spain for a friends wedding in Nov so fitting in a road trip to Daytona was looking unlikely....but last night we decided that as hubby now can't get leave in Sept or Nov and both trips would have to be fly in, wedding, fly out it really wasnt worth it....not for cost as we can claim back our airfares but time wise...its a 10 hr flight from Houston to London, then a 2hr drive to family in Ramsgate, for Spain it would be a 12 hr flight... having to change planes twice then a 5 hrs drive to the wedding location. I mailed our family and friend this morning to let them know, both parties totally understand why so there is no hassle...

Anyway we now plan to take a 10 day trip to Florida, 3 days ( 2 overnighters) to get there have 5 days with friends who live 20 miles from Biketoberfest and who are Harley lovers too, then 3 days to get back...... We have the route planned so all we have to do it book our rooms this weekend and we are sorted....

My only problem is the limited amount of clothes I am going to be able to take with me...ah well, will just have to use our friends washing machine......LOL:D

Oh wow, it sounds like you will have an amazing time and I'm so jealous right now! :D I haven't got a bike any more (only had a VFR400 anyways,) but I'm trying to save for another. Nothing beats the sound of a Harley and I can't think of anything better than a road trip around America on one! :D xx

How exciting! I'm sure you'll make lots of new biker buddies. Enjoy yourself!

Awww I am so jealous, we have done Daytona a few times and I know you will have a fabulous time. Enjoy!! :D

Hope you have a fabby time-did my 1st rally for 10 years this year ( kids eh ??) and am doing another in the autumn-cant wait.

Not sure we will ever be lucky enough to do Daytona but its on our wish list !!

Hope you have a fabby time-did my 1st rally for 10 years this year ( kids eh ??) and am doing another in the autumn-cant wait.

Not sure we will ever be lucky enough to do Daytona but its on our wish list !!

Thanks for all your messages.....I love rallys when we lived in Ireland we had the European HOG Rally in Killarney.. just half hour down the road from home... but coz we went home of a night we didnt really appreciate the whole deal..but have been to a few HOG rallies in the UK....Biketoberfest ( different to the Daytona week rally) has been on our list for ages so now we are living here its great to be able to do it.....we also have the Lone Star rally - an hours drive from us on my birthday weekend in Nov....and in Feb a bike run to Vegas..and again in the Oct..who knows this week next year maybe even Sturgis......the roads here are brilliant for riding and hearing the "potato potato" of all them Harley's is gonna be deafening.....

Sounds like fun!
I am off to the Bulldog Bash this weekend in the UK and really looking forward to it!! Have same problem of limited space for clothes after the tent and sleeping bags have been packed!!!

Well if I can manage to pack for 2 weeks in the isle of mann for the TT races as i did once,I'm sure you lot will manage.

Done the Bulldog bash too, a few times in my youth !! OH goes to a tiny little rally in North Yorkshire at the end of augist every year, always went with him, til the girls came along-then still went cos the host pub had a caravan that we used, then they sold that-now me and the girls retire to a nearby B&B and leave him to the tent on the windy hilltop LOL

Have many happy memories and look forward til the girls are a bit older and i can do more with him

oooooh look at all these biker babes coming out now. Sturgis, would absolutely love to do that been on our list for a while but never got there yet. One day maybe.

Bull dog .. great rally and been to Hog at Killarney a few times too thats a really good one. It's 'Thunder in the Glen' soon up in Aviemore .. anybody heading that way?

Well after weeks of debating should we shouldn't we...last night we finally decided that we are off to Biketoberfest in Daytona, Florida this Oct and I am soooooo excited

Anyway we now plan to take a 10 day trip to Florida, 3 days ( 2 overnighters) to get there have 5 days with friends who live 20 miles from Biketoberfest and who are Harley lovers too, then 3 days to get back...... We have the route planned so all we have to do it book our rooms this weekend and we are sorted....

My only problem is the limited amount of clothes I am going to be able to take with me...ah well, will just have to use our friends washing machine......LOL:D

Hope you have a great time Mrs Harley, I've heard that Daytona is great during the fest (even for the non Harley riders).

Taking all your gear is always a problem on the bike (especially when you're 2 up), but unfortunately Mrs Cloggy doesn't like bikes but it does have it's perks sometimes (gives me extra luggage room :)).

BTW I lived in Ramsgate for a year whilst in the services and really liked it (especially in the summer).

Back