Bikram Yoga

xSinead

Silver Member
Has anyone ever tried it? Is it good?
I heard you burn 1000 calories per session, and i really wanna try it!

I had a meal last night, like i usually do on a friday after my weigh in.. & to be honest, today i feel sick as a dog. Obviously i'll SS now for the rest of the week but i just want to do something that will burn some calories.

How many calories will a long walk burn?

Adviseeeeee please!! :eek:

If you haven't done yoga before, I would not recommend doing bikram yoga. It's hardcore...PROPER hardcore, and you're unlikely to burn 1000 calories, maybe half of that.

Go for a run?

I've done yoga lots of times :)
Yeah its a yoga fact that you burn 1000 calories during a bikram session. Just wondered if people enjoyed it etc. Not really into running, thanks anyway lol.

I know what Billi said in TOWIE but it's not quite accurate or a fact

[h=2]Calories Burned in Hot Yoga[/h]
Bikram yoga is a fast-moving aerobic exercise, so it does raise your heart rate to a fat-burning level. While you won't burn thousands of calories, you may burn up to 800 or 900, depending on your current weight. A 150-pound woman will burn about 700 calories performing hot yoga for 90 minutes, according to the calorie counter from Health Status, and a 130-pound woman will burn about 620 calories. You would need to weigh over 200 pounds to burn 1,000 calories in hot yoga. In addition, you would burn more than 100 additional calories jogging at only 5 miles per hour, contrary to claims that hot yoga burns just as many calories as running.

Read more: Can Hot Yoga Make You Lose Weight? | LIVESTRONG.COM

This is a good thread as I saw it on towie and thought omg that looks interesting and if you can burn 1000 cala per session would like to find out more. As you've out lined its not like Bille said :-(

My fitness pal is a app for iPhone etc where you input your exercise etc and it tells you how mank kcal you burn, a 12 mile walk done in 3 hours is aprox 1200 kcal x

Hi angel. Can u tell me what an hour of netball and badminton uses up please? I can't download the android my fitness app for some reason. Thanks
X

This is a good thread as I saw it on towie and thought omg that looks interesting and if you can burn 1000 cala per session would like to find out more. As you've out lined its not like Bille said :-(
hehe if only! also, bikram is probably going to really dehydrate you. youre losing all that fluid and on a low cal diet thats not really healthy x

Hi ya, Just before Christmas i purchased a work out dvd called ten minute trainer, it's basically a shortened version of P90x just as intense though. i only managed to do it for approx 4 mins and then (after i caught my breath) did another 2mins, the next day i was in absolute agony!!!! the results look like they will be amazing. there are 5 programmes in the pack and they give a work out calendar for you to follow. I thought I would restart it this week as i have will have been on cd for 2 weeks! i did biggest loser this morning and that was good too. x x x

nicci79 said:
Hi ya, Just before Christmas i purchased a work out dvd called ten minute trainer, it's basically a shortened version of P90x just as intense though. i only managed to do it for approx 4 mins and then (after i caught my breath) did another 2mins, the next day i was in absolute agony!!!! the results look like they will be amazing. there are 5 programmes in the pack and they give a work out calendar for you to follow. I thought I would restart it this week as i have will have been on cd for 2 weeks! i did biggest loser this morning and that was good too. x x x

Im thinking of getting a home work out DVD, Anyone have any recommendations apart from this one? I can do any workout and have no preferences! Something that makes me look sexy whilst im working out tho and not lile a beached whale lol! Im gonna get a leotard and sweatbands and pout my lips ha ha ha x

I do a home work out dvd most days as well as going to zumba every tuesday night which i've done for over a month :) I have great weight losses each week!

Im thinking of getting a home work out DVD, Anyone have any recommendations apart from this one? I can do any workout and have no preferences! Something that makes me look sexy whilst im working out tho and not lile a beached whale lol! Im gonna get a leotard and sweatbands and pout my lips ha ha ha x
I liked the pussycat dolls DVD and that def makes you feel sexy ;) but it's a bit repetitive. Charlie Brooks dvd is meant to be good

I've got the pussycat dolls one, the jennifer ellison one & The only way is essex work out dvd :) All amazing!

xSinead said:
I've got the pussycat dolls one, the jennifer ellison one & The only way is essex work out dvd :) All amazing!

Oh going to get these as well can't wait :)

Back