Bingbongs Cambridge Diet Diary...

So not such a good week this week! I went out for the meal and was perfectly behaved, I had chicken and salad and stayed in ketosis which I was very pleased with.
But then on Wednesday when I was at uni I cheated. My head really wasn't in the right space and I was thinking about food a lot and I really think that I needed to do it.
I was sitting in a lecture, bored and thought that maybe I should buy something to eat and then I couldn't think about anything else and in the break I went and bought a bagel (and kit kat!) and ate it. It didn't even taste very good!!!
I came home and had eggs on toast, which was so yummy! And then fruit and then I pigged out and ate a big bag of pretzels with chocolate bits.
Next day I got back on CD, and have stayed on it but the last two days I have had four shakes because I have been so hungry that I could eat my arm! I lost 2 3/4lbs on wi which I was really pleased with, have made a note to self not to cheat two days before wi again as there isn't enough time to loose it again!! ;)
I am still not in ketosis, but apparently when you don't eat for a few days it takes longer to get back into ketosis. dammit. I hope that I am soon cos I am sick of being hungry!!!
I am doing a challenge with a few people doing cd, to loose 20lbs in 4 weeks, or as near to as possible. That has already helped me, especially as if I loose that in a month then I will only have 8lbs to go to reach my target!! I may change the target to more, but still, that would be great and I feel like the end is in sight. I think that was part of the problem, doing cd just felt endless.
I am also not feeling and seeing the loss on my body, I still think that I am really fat and ugly and that when anyone looks at me all they think is how fat I am. My family keep saying how much slimmer I look etc, but I just don't see it. That has been hard too as I really need to notice the loss to motivate myself.
I have been using my wii fit a lot, every day that I am not working (4 days a week), and that is great! Hopefully I keep it up.
Abz, how are you doing hon? I hope that ww is going ok, I definately need to join ww and get their books so that I can do it once I finish cd. I don't want to go to meetings though, maybe I can do it online?
Anyway, that's me, hopefully better next week!!!
bingbong x

hey there honey. good to see you back :)

i have switched to sw this week, to trick my head into thinking i'm doing something new, even though i'm eating similar foods, ha. i plateaued in a massive way on ww, lost loads my first week and then stayed around the same so i am due a massive loss soon (hopefully) but i didn't want to get complacent and give up all together. so sw it is. today is day two, weigh in day is tomorrow and so far so good :) i want to be 13st something by the end of march and i have a couple of days so i could get there yet :)

well done on getting straight back onto cd. your cheats weren't too bad in the scheme of things. falling off the wagon usually involves pizza in my case, although i'm not too keen on those. i seem to have shifted my addiction to subway veggi delight sandwiches so need to know how many syns are in those now!!

i also found on ww it was much easier for me to snack on things that weren't good for me if i ate low point things during mealtimes. sw makes it more difficult for you to do that, and it really suits my grazing attitude to food... so i'm enjoying it so far :)

good luck this week babes. no more cheating and you'll get a fantastic loss :D

abz xx

Hey abz,
Pleased to hear that you are doing ok. I think that sw sounds very complicated! And from what I know it doesn't really make sense how you loose weight. You will have to let me know how you get on with it please, as it is between that and ww for me to use after I finish CD. Which I tell you, can't come quick enough!!
I am sitting here with three jumpers on and I am for the first time today not totally freezing, but still very cold and my hands are like ice. Yet I just checked and I am still not in ketosis!!! I expect that I will be tomorrow because I am so cold and far less hungry than I have been :) Finally!
Really determined to do the 20lbs in 4 week challenge! I also didn't mention before but I am going back to arizona in June, the hottest month of the year! I can't wait, but it would be so nice to go and to feel comfy wearing shorts, or even, dare I say it, a dress!!! It really is boiling out there so a summer dress would be really practical. And then there is the swimming... it is hard to imagine me being small enough to not look terrible and fat though but hopefully it will happen!!
Anyway, good luck for wi tomorrow abz. let me know how you get on!
bingbong x

hey babes. well i'm 14st 0.5lbs so i have two days to get into the 13s.. it could happen yet :D

you are a similar bmi to me. what dress size are you honey if you don't mind me asking? i think by june you could look amazing in swimming costumes and dresses. you are doing cd, i am doing sw, you have a much better chance of getting there than i do and i need to fit into a wedding dress!! ha.

abz xx

Hey abz,
I hope that you get into the 13s!!!! I am 1/4lb off that so hopefully next wi...
I am not totally sure what size I am at the moment!!! :D Hard to tell. I am about a 14 on the bottom I think, and 16-18 on the top I think. Hard to know as I haven't bought clothes in a while. I also wear things quite baggy so if I wore tighter stuff then I would be smaller on the top. What size are you if you don't mind saying?
I find that I normally wear the same or bigger clothes than people with a slightly higher bmi than me. It is so confusing!
I am still going, just about! Still having 4 shakes a day, and that is saving me. I am day 5 today and still not in ketosis and sometimes I am so damn hungry!!!! I hope that i get in it soon cos I can't cope with much more of this.
There is some chicken and cottage cheese in the fridge as back up. I wonder what effect 4 shakes will be having on my loss though?
Oh, and I am an aunty again, I have a new nephew.
I am sure that you will look fab in your wedding dress hon, I look forward to a photo :)
bingbong x

hey babes. well i had gained 6lbs overnight when i weighed in this morning so unless i lose half a stone overnight it aint gonna happen... had my contraceptive implant taken out yesterday so weird hormones and painkillers won't be helping matters. just need to keep plodding on and hope for the best...

i am a size 16 on the top (although i have big boobs so shirts are a bit iffy) and a size 18 on the hips, not the waist though, so my waist usually gapes, ha.

abz xx

Hey hun,

Just read your diary from start to finish and am well impressed at how well you're doing after eating food and getting back on CD. I failed misserably at it, so I applaude you massively.

You have lost an amazing amount in such a small period of time.
Well done you!!

X

Thanks AG, although if you read this post then you might not think that I have done so well!!
Abz, how did you get on at wi hon? I hope that the 6lbs came off as quickly as it went on!!
I haven't been very good this week. Have been really struggling with cd and have been having 4 shakes a day, or 3 and a meal of something like cottage cheese and lettuce, or chicken. But it has been really tough.
I had wi on Friday, and I decided in the morning that I was going to eat that night, I just felt like I really needed to have a night off. wi was not a good one, well, it was ok but less than I am used to! 3 1/2lbs. And after I ate and enjoyed it! :)
But Saturday morning I had put on 3lbs!!!! In one night?!!! I had a shake for breakfast but before lunch time I was eating again, and I kept eating all day, on and off and even though I was really full I kept eating!
Sunday I got back on cd, and stuck to it all day :) and today (Monday), I will do the same. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh the same as I did on Saturday morning, so that is ok. The thing is that I am having Wednesday off, we are having a big family meal and I am not going to sit there with a tiny plate of chicken and salad or whatever, so I am going to eat. But wi is on Thursday this week! eeek. So wi will be a horrible one!!! I will hopefully get off most of the 3lbs I put on by Wednesday, but will then probably put it all back on again before wi. Not good!!!
My cdc is going away for two weeks, so won't have a wi the week after. I am really not happy with her, she is so unsupportive, but I have looked around and she is the cheapest and the most convenient so I will stick with her.
So, not doing so great! I am hoping that I will stick to it until Wednesday, accept that wi will be horrible and get back on it on Thursday and stick to it!!!! If I can stick to it then I really don't have much longer to do, everytime I slip I just add to the time this will take. I so want to be back to how I was before I went away, as I was so focused and motivated and was really finding it easy! Now it is just a struggle.
bingbong x

never mind hon. keep at it :) and my weigh in was awful. my weight is still going up!! but then you know that already. so cambridge for me again...

ah well. i've just had a small cookie and a small bar of choc and now feel sick... so at least i know i can't pack chocolate away any more :)

abz xx

Stick to it hun, i'm sure you'll find your feet again.
Look at how much you've already achieved and how close you are to goal. Keep up the good work and you'll be there before you know it.
X

Thanks guys,
AG I really needed to read that right now!!!
I ended up having a really bad week last week, I did one day on cd and ate for the rest of the week!!! ooops.
And I ate heaps and heaps, can't believe how much I managed to put away, I just kept going and going. I think that part of the problem with cd is that when I eat I feel like I really have to take full advantage of it and so I eat more and more! Not good!
And the day before wi was a big family meal, which I had planned to eat at, but I ate heaps and I felt so sick and bloated. Obviously what I had didn't quite agree with me! I vomited that night, and still felt full! And then the next day I was in so much pain, my stomach felt massive, I thought that I was pregnant!!! I even got sent home from work early cos I was in so much pain!
And then I had to go for wi, and I had put on 7lbs!!! How on earth can I put on half a stone in a week???!!!!!!!!! I do think that a lot of it was bloating, but probably not enough of it. How embarrasing, I clearly am a total pig.
I am now on day 4, the fact that I felt so unwell from eating really helped at first, I never wanted to eat ever again! Unfortunately that hasn't lasted, dammit. Day 4 and still not in ketosis, it seems to take me a while to get there which is annoying! I am being as good as I can be, not having bars even which I find hard. I got into ketosis on day 4 after my break for america even having bars and coke zero, so hopefully tomorrow I will be in it! I hate being hungry! And also not being in ketosis makes it easier for my head to think that it is ok for me to eat, as it won't do so much damage (not really true I know but still, my head wants me to eat!).
Today I have had a headache for most of the day, which is good hopefully for ketosis! But it got so bad that I really wanted to eat, felt like if I had sugar it would go! So I just took some tablets and resisted the peanut m&m's that are calling me! I will have porridge soon and hopefully that will help.
I really don't want to eat but I really want to too!!! lol.
My parent's, who I am currently staying with, are going away at the beginning of May, and I think that I will take a few days off then. It feels like an achievable date, but is also a bit soon, but when they are away I can cook things that I really fancy. I don't know, will see how I go. I just need to get through today and hopefully be in ketosis tomorrow!!! I hate fighting hunger!
Anyway, this has probably been a bit rambling, my head is really telling me to eat but I am trying not to listen to it!!! aaggghhhhhh. Hope that you are doing better than me!
Bingbong x

hey there bb. don't think about when you are going to finish. just think about now. what you are doing right now. i have set myself a 10 day challenge. if you want to join me on it i'm currently on day 2 of ss and so far so good. 10 days isn't a massive length of time. it's doable. it isn't too long and it isn't too short, so 10 days it is. and i'm not going to think about how i'm going to reward myself for completing it either. i need to get into my bloody wedding dress. but if i think of this as a two month stretch i don't think i'm ever going to make it. so one day at a time. and so far i've done 2...

you can do it!!

abz xx

I agree with Abz hun, try putting less pressure on yourself. Go with it day to day.
Reward yourself with a big old smile and sense of achievement at the end of every day. You did it, you didn't eat or drink anything for a whole day.... that in itself is a big big achievement and something I think we all pass off as nothing to easily. Those individual days all add up hun, as do the individual lbs and inches.

You can and will do it.
It's all in the mind.

XXX

Back