Bingbongs Cambridge Diet Diary...

well, there was a perfectly good pep talk going to waste!! ha.

WELL DONE :D :D

amazing loss :D :D

and another couple for the hell of it :D :D

abz xx :D (sorry, couldn't help it...)

lol, thanks abz. I appreciated the pep talk and needed it at the time!
Not having such a good day today unfortunately.
Got up early so that I could start studying and get lots done, had an argument with my father who was being a child cos I was sitting in his seat at the kitchen table!!! And that really set me off on a not good day. I feel under sooooooooo much stress with two assignments to do at the same time, and my family just don't get it and constantly want me to babysit or whatever. grrrrrr.
Ended up throwing my version of a tantrum, I was tired and stressed and they were annoying me. Not like me at all, but at least now they know how stressed I am! ;) So for the rest of the day they have all been really careful around me, which is kinda amusing.
I had a hot chocolate for lunch, which was nice. But have thought about food a lot today, probably cos I am writing an assignment, and when I do that I normally pick. Food just seems so tempting, something hot and tasty. So that is getting me down, even though I enjoy CD and am loving loosing weight. It is hard. I find when I am stressed and feeling low this diet just ain't easy. And I have to remember that with everything going on I would be struggling without the diet, so I should be kind to myself. I am going to have a really early night and hopefully feel better tomorrow cos I really need to make some progress on this research proposal!
BB x

I have always found it very difficult when studying too :)

Just think how good you will feel if you keep it up. Are you planning on doing CD for your whole weight loss journey?

xxx

Just stopped in and had a quick read :) well done for getting past the low days and really glad you were rewarded with a FAB loss! :D
it's a nightmare weighing mid week and the scales ruling our thoughts.. I would suggest getting rid of or hiding the scales somewhere to stop you weighing but really the state of mind is key.. if you are sticking to CD 100% have faith.. as you've learnt it does work. The weight loss will slow - but you will still lose more than on SW or WW so that's really important to remember. :)

Wish you well and I'm sure you'll be celebrating another great loss soon.

Thanks guys! Nice to know that people are reading this. I haven't used my scales since, and certainly don't intend to do that again! I am planning to do CD and then once I am at my target weight go to ww or sw to learn how to stay there!
I haven't written for a few days cos I have been so busy. Had an assignment to write and it took pretty much all weekend and was very stressful, but food wise I was ok. which is good.
Today was uni and it is always harder there, people eat lots of chocolate and stuff, but I was ok, had my peanut bar. But coming home I really fancied fruit juice, seems so appealing. I do miss fruit which is good I guess.
Yesterday was challenging cos I spoke to someone about their food issues, they are bulimic and so there was talk of food and I try not to think about food too much right now. But it was ok.
I am looking forward to going to America for a week, and eating, but I am also scared that I will eat too much and that I will struggle to get back on CD when I get back.
So that's me really, nothing very interesting. I feel like I have lost weight this week, so hopefully wi will be ok.
Bingbong x

Well, three weeks of doing CD 100%, can't believe that. It is amazing, I have never stuck to a diet 100% for even one week, let alone three. I feel really good about that.
Had a mixed day today, started off trying on a load of jeans that have been too small. Was amazed that only one pair fitted, and the rest were all too big!!!!
Then I went shopping with my mum, really need a jumper or two as what I have are way too big. Found it harder than expected to find something, partly because I am broke and really hope that what I buy now won't be fitting for long as I will loose more. Tried on quite a lot, and was happy that in tops I am now 16-18 depending on the top, so that was good, especially the 16!!!! Although I thought that they were a bit tight, but my mother liked them. I of course ended up spending more than I had wanted to, but got two cardigans that are really nice and should work even when I have lost more weight, and then a couple of t-shirts.
Had a late lunch, hot chocolate at 4pm, and after that I felt quite bloated, also feeling a little constipated today. Went for my weigh in, and have only lost 2 1/4lbs this week, I was not impressed, had really hoped to loose 5lbs.
I really hope that it is just because I am bloated and apparently people can get a 3 week plateau. I so hope that it isn't the bars, as I know some people say that they slow their loss, as I like the bars and they are so handy for work days.
Anyway, two more weeks to do before I go to America, I had hoped to loose another stone before I go, but after today's wi I doubt that will happen :( we will see though.
Bingbong x

So after wi yesterday I came home and stood on my scales, that measure in kg. then this morning I stood on them again and it showed 2kg less, which is about 4lbs I think. That cheered me up! Put on a new cardigan and my mother thought that it looked looser than yesterday. I definately feel less bloated today.
Other than that a good day, my brother finally noticed and asked me how come I had lost two stone in two weeks :) he struggles with his weight and has done ww so told him all about CD. He was impressed which was nice.
I have drunk heaps of water flavouring today, makes it so easy to drink lots which is good, but this afternoon I have had an upset tummy, which is very unusual on CD. I wonder if it is cos of the flavouring, I do hope not!
Then, for some reason this evening I have really fancied food. Proper, hot, yummy food. I really enjoy my evening porridge, but today it wasn't what I wanted. Trying to remember that in two weeks I have a week off and can eat yummy things, and to just keep going until then, I really want to loose as much as I can before I go away. I have resisted anything tonight, and I really hope that tomorrow is better, don't like feeling like this. And it is strange as earlier I was feeling so good and strong and loving CD, why does it change so quickly???!!!!!!! very annoying.
I am going to bed, early night so that I can be asleep and not think about food!
Hope that anyone reading this is doing ok,
Bingbong

hey there honey. how is it going? is your resolve still strong? don't fret about the week three stall. i got it, a lot of people get it. you know that fat is going really, but your body needs to shift a gear and work out that it's safe to let go. this diet can't fail if you stickl to it!!

the losses you've had are insanely good. look at how much you've lost over the course of 3 weeks!! could you have imagined being nearly a stone and a half lighter 3 weeks ago?

abz xx

Hi abz,
I am still going strong! You are right though, three weeks ago would never have thought that I would have lost so much. Tomorrow is wi for me, and it will be 4 weeks, and in those 4 weeks I have stuck 100% to CD. Cannot believe that, it is amazing. How are you doing abz?
I have been ok this week, except for Monday when I got really frustrated trying to send a fax that wouldn't go, and after that I really really wanted to eat. Became totally obsessed with it, and I would have eaten anything, I didn't care. It was really horrible and it took hours to pass, but eventually it did.
I have been manically busy, trying to finish two assignments for next week, before I go to America. Has meant a lot of stress but I am getting there. I often pick at food when I study, so that has been there but it hasn't been too bad.
I am looking forward to eating food next week, taking the week and a bit off to go to America, keep dreaming of what I am going to eat, hopefully when it actually comes to it I won't eat everything that I am thinking of or it will be back to square one! :)
So all pretty good really. People are starting to comment on me looking slimmer which is great, and I can so feel it in my body too which is also great. I love it and I just can't wait to loose more! I wish that it happened faster!
Bingbong x

ha. i know babes. we get greedy with weightloss with cambridge :)

well i am calorie counting at the mo. can't afford cambridge. can barely afford pasta at the mo. but getting there slowly. think when it gets closer to the wedding, sheer panic will have me back on cambridge again. i'm a stress eater and i'm certainly stressed at the moment...

abz xx

Oh I understand the broke thing, I am totally broke. My parent's are paying for my CD, otherwise I wouldn't be on it. They are paying cos they have always wanted me to be thin so agreed to pay. I hope that you can get back on it again soon, I have never been good at calorie counting, especially when broke. I guess that not being able to afford food is one way of calorie counting!
When is the wedding? Great to have that as an insentive, but as you say the stress of that can make it harder. Good luck hon.
I am insanely stressed at the moment, trying to finish two assignments for next week, it sucks. I have nearly finished one and am making slow progress on the other. Bored of studying though, it seems to be all that I do, work or study! Had enough really. But needs must and the end is, amazingly in sight.
Have had a good couple of days on CD which is good, I am really happy on it and I love my weight loss. Had wi today and have lost 4.5lbs which is great. I was hoping for 5lbs but figure that is close enough!!! Better than last week anyway :)
And I just cannot believe that today means that for 4 weeks I have been on CD, and in that time I have not cheated once. Not once! An absolute miracle, I really can't believe it. However, I am really excited that this time next week I will be eating :) I am going to start eating on Friday after wi and then fly to America Sunday so am looking forward to enjoying some food! Not looking forward to putting on weight, which will undoubtedly happen but hopefully I will get back on CD ok and loose it quick enough.
I hope that I can get through the next week without eating though, I wonder if getting closer and closer to Friday when I can eat will make it harder to not eat. We shall see.
Bingbong x

fantastic loss babes :D

well i'm starting to think a total change may be in order and i may give low-carbing a go for a wee bit. it would make the transition back into cambridge much easier too. so i'm going to give it some thought over the weekend. not sure whether we can really afford to go low carb, given the amount of meat you end up eating, but we'll see. we can always try it for a week and see how it goes :)

abz xx

The goverment is always on about eating healthy etc, but it does cost more. I do feel for you hon, have been there many times before and it sucks. Good luck with the low-carbing, I hope that you can get back on CD soon.
I realised today that if I loose 4.5lbs (which is what I lost last week) this week then I will have lost two stone in five weeks. So I have that as my target, I so hope that I get there! Even though about an hour after wi I will have put on as I will be eating.
I really want to do some more exercise but all I do is walk the dogs and when I am so busy that get cut short, and I am not about to go to a gym, and can't afford one. I have wanted a wii fit for ages, and have been keeping an eye out for a cheap(ish) one, and today I ordered a wii and wii fit from Tesco :) I am so excited. It was £20 cheaper somewhere else but they were sold out, and Tesco's I can collect on Monday. I really can't afford it and dipped into my savings to get it, but hopefully I will use it and it will be worth it. I really want to get into the habit of exercising so that when I have finished CD and am maintaining I will be used to doing it. Also it will hopefully speed up weight loss on CD. Can't wait to try it! But as I said I do feel bad as I can't really afford it.
But I am feeling motivated today with my target weight for the week, and that has helped. But my family ate lamb for dinner and it smelt soooooooo good, it was horrible! And after they ate I sat there with my porridge which just wasn't as nice as usual. My mother says that she cannot believe that I have stuck to CD with her cooking going on, which was nice to hear. I just need to get through this week, and hopefully reach my target and then I can eat! yay!!!
Hoping to get at least one assignment finished tomorrow, if not both. Not sure how good one of them is though.
Anyway, best get back to it.
Bingbong x

hey hon. well it sounds like you are doing a sterling job!!

i have started weight watchers, ha. i was thinking about low carbing as you know but was worried about the cost etc, went to visit one of my mates over the weekend and without my saying anything she dumped a huge pile of ww resources into my arms and said 'i've been keeping these for you for a year', which is the last time i saw her, ha. so that made my mind up for me :)

abz xx

Abz, that is fab news about the ww stuff!! How kind of her to keep it all for you, great to get given it and not have to pay. I hope that you are doing ok on it?
I am no longer on CD. Am on my break for my trip to America. I feel very full, have eaten too much, and loads of carbs!! But it has been good, nice to chew! :)
I had wi today and was amazed as I didn't think that I had lost much, but I lost 5 3/4lbs this week! I was so happy. It means that in five weeks of doing CD 110% I have lost 2 stone and 1 1/4lbs!!!!! AMAZING! And I asked the CD to measure me today, and since I started I have lost 13 1/2 inches! I am so happy.
Came home and ate challah, which is bread, so straight into carbs! Then had a danish (not good!), and then mince and rice for dinner. I really hope that I don't blow everything totally in this week. I hope that in America I eat sensibly and not too much, but allow myself some treats too. But don't go too overboard. Oh dear!
But I am feeling good, and felt so proud of myself when I got home after wi, so happy. And my mother and sister were really pleased too, but they still want to know my motivation.
Bingbong x

i hope you have a fantastic time in america honey. just try and make sensible choices where you can and enjoy yourself where you can't. everything that goes on fast will come off fast on cd if you get straight back on track when you return. you've had fabulous losses so i'm sure you'll do just fine :D

abz xx

Well, I have been putting off posting here!!! I was not good when I was away, ate far more bad things than I should have. I did have salad most days for lunch :) but other than that I ate lots of carbs and naughty stuff. I did have a great time though!
Came home on Monday and on Tuesday I started CD again, which I am impressed with as I was planning on starting wed or thurs. Have stuck to it 100% since, but it has been really hard. There is a lot going on and I am coming down off the post trip away high, and processing all that went on while I was there. I am in ketosis again today, day 5, but still feel hungry. Finding it really tough, want to eat!!!!
I had wi on Thursday, so day 3 of being back on and I gained 6lbs, which is pretty terrible. :( but hopefully I will loose that this week. If I manage to keep going that is.
Abz, how you doing on ww hon???
bingbong x

hey babes :)

6lbs after going away isn't bad at all!! i usually come back with a stone in tow!!

it will be gone this week :D

ww is going ok. 5lb loss first week. 3lb gain last week, hoping for a total loss of all of last weeks gain (totm) plus another lb or two to go with it if i'm lucky :)

abz xx

Hi abz, that's great loss in the first week! Well done, I hope that you loose heaps this week too hon.
I lost 7lbs this week :) so I have lost what I gained in America and 1lb more which is great. But...I am struggling. My head just doesn't feel in the 'zone' today and I just want to eat. It is not overwhelming but it is on my mind all the time and I really really want to!
I think that part of it is cos I am going to a resturant tomorrow and will be eating chicken and salad, but knowing that I am doing that makes me want to do more!! I want to have chips with my chicken too, rather than ask for it without! And tonight I have been really wanting to eat something naughty, but decided to have my porridge instead and now I am full, but I still want something!!!! I hate it when my head is like this. I am also having a fat day, so don't feel like I lost anything like 7lbs this week, if anything I think that I put on a 1lb or two!!!!
Hoping that venting here will help release it. I just keep thinking that I have eat whatever today and tomorrow and then get back on it and still have five days before wi to make up for it. But I know that getting back on it probably won't be very easy, and that once I do something like that once I am more likely to justify myself doing it again. And I so want to loose weight and I want to loose it as quickly as I can cos I have just had enough of being so fat!!!
Ok, will try and remember that and hopefully I will stick.
bbxxx

how is it going honey? if you stick with it it will come off. and 7lbs in one week is amazing!!

abz xx

Back