Binge confession :(

xxlettyxx

I've come to report that a binge has just occurred :cry:

My calories are up to 1800 for today; my approximate daily limit is 1200. It wasn't a mega binge really (I put on 21lb in two weeks once; THAT was a mega binge) but I'm now feeling all those negative emotions that always follow on from that temporary loss of control: guilt, hopelessness, futility..

I've been completely in control for the last few weeks. When the tea/snack/lunch trolley comes round at work I haven't been tempted at all by the crisps/chocolate/sandwiches, but during the day today I've really had to resist, and it came to a head this evening :( what is it that turns a controlled, level-headed person into some animal frantically digging through the fridge and cupboards like it hasn't eaten for weeks?! There must be some physiological explanation.. tiredness? Hormones? Brain chemicals? :mad:

I really hope tonight is a one-off and doesn't carry on tomorrow :(

hey - don't feel too bad about it!!
firstly - well done for coming on here and writing about it, that's a great start as you've admitted what you've done and drawn a line under it. now you can move on!
a few hundred extra calories in a day isn't bad at all as long as you stop there and make the rest of the week a good one, it really won't have a bad effect! :)
if you are worried about a continuous binge though just relax, let yourself carry on eating but make it lots of fruit/veg and really fill up! once you feel like you've past it then continue with your normal plan and foods :)
and don't stress - you are doing great :D
xxxxx

You're still under the recommended daily allowance of 2000, like you say it could have been much much worse.

Don't give up hope or lose your motivation, if you didn't fall of the wagon every now and again you wouldn't know what it felt like to be on it!!!

Keep on trucking

xxx

Aww thanks both :break_diet:

Me earlier: :17729:

To be honest I don't feel sick or anything, I just feel satisfyingly full. I hope you're right fudgey; my weigh day is Sunday so I've got the whole week ahead to fix it. And Lindsey, I'm trying to think of it like that, I burn about 2300 calories a day with my lifestyle so still a 500 calorie deficit I guess.

Starting afresh tomorrow ladies :fingerscrossed:

sometimes it's good to take in a few extra calories as it gives your metabolism an extra boost and ends up working in your favour.. i've beaten myself up over a mini binge before and then have been flabbergasted when the scale actually dropped a big number..

and for the record.. i don't believe that was a binge, a little slip maybe.. 400 calories is manageable and like you said with your lifestyle you'll burn that off in no time. Just get back on track and you'll be fine :) if you continue to stress about it then you'll only make yourself feel worse and then those feelings may lead to more destructive behaviour. Just think in positive terms, that you stopped at only 400 calories, that takes a lot of will power in itself and the fact that you are concerned enough about it to post here.. i think you'll be just fine.

so good luck on your fresh start ! :D

sometimes it's good to take in a few extra calories as it gives your metabolism an extra boost and ends up working in your favour.. i've beaten myself up over a mini binge before and then have been flabbergasted when the scale actually dropped a big number..

and for the record.. i don't believe that was a binge, a little slip maybe.. 400 calories is manageable and like you said with your lifestyle you'll burn that off in no time. Just get back on track and you'll be fine :) if you continue to stress about it then you'll only make yourself feel worse and then those feelings may lead to more destructive behaviour. Just think in positive terms, that you stopped at only 400 calories, that takes a lot of will power in itself and the fact that you are concerned enough about it to post here.. i think you'll be just fine.

so good luck on your fresh start ! :D

Syren, thanks for this :) one of my friends mentioned that earlier, that sometimes an increase in calories can kinda shock your metabolism.

Looking back at yesterday now, I can see it wasn't such a big deal. Today has gone really well, stuck to my calories, and I haven't felt like I've been desperately trying to resist anything, so I think I'm back on track :D

Thanks for all your replies, it really means a lot to have support :)

Back