binge eater

maria63

is there any one out there that feels as miserable as me :cry:i'm a compulsive binge eater and i know how bad this is but i just don't know how to stop which is affecting my weight loss and the rest of my life please let me know i'm not alone ...

I know exactly how you feel. I find that by binging on the right food and having huge meals it does stop the urge.
I know my weak moments-when I am alone at home watching TV-so I have stopped watching TV (all rubbish anyway), driving home from supermarket/petrol station (I'll buy some lean meat to scoff on the way home) and at the office at about 4:00pm so I always have fruit and fat free yoghurts in the fridge.
You can do it-its about how you approach these things. :)

Completely understand. First things first, identify the times you are most likely to binge. Then research on here snack ideas. Make the snack ahead of the time you are likely to binge, so that it is completely ready for you when you are at the crucial point.

Another key thing is to not go to the shop - if you are anything like me you will just buy everything you like the look of/are on offer and eat the whole lot!!

Get into your PJ's if it's in the evening.

Last night I knew I would have the munchies whilst watching the biggest loser final...I made the quark mixed with white options hot choc and artificial sweetener. Was delicious with a cup of tea.

Another thing to do if you feel like you binge during the day is to have something to focus on. For example when I feel peckish at around 3pm (aka now!!!) I think about what I will have later, i.e. a curly wurly and an options hot choc, or grapes.

Alternatively get involved with an activity! Start up a class if a particular night bothers you! I know that by Thursday I will be ready to crack, therefore I go to zumba on a thurs night and know that stops me from bingeing.

You are not alone, but it is a very destructive habit to have, so try to break it as soon as possible. Good luck!

Back