BINGE GUILT!!!!!!!

Samprand

WILL do it!
I've had a huge binge today and I don't know why!!! I've eaten a whole easter egg, crisps, TWO helpings of rice and curry, soup, egg rolls, bananas, and I've even been eyeing up some chocolate fingers. And now I feel bad because I've scoffed so much and feel like giving up, I feel like I've ruined my weight loss so might as well not bother. Major lack of motivation and willpower at the mo guys. Any of you had a day like mine? How do you deal with binges?

Hi Samprand, That is some binge!!
Now why do you think that it went that far? Surely because at the first step over that line that you had drawn you had become GUILTY as charged!!
Get that thinking out of your mind pronto...:D.. We all make choices and if on that particular moment you decided to attack something that you had put on the "forbidden" list, who made that choice or did it attack you first!?!
Don't have a forbidden list and do have a bit more of a planned list. If you feel like a treat, have one! It can always be wound into your eating plan for the day with no guilt attached. Then you will feel more relaxed and that "failure" mode won't be able to set in and thus drive you further off your road to success.

(here endeth the first lesson!....:D)

Take care...all the best to you....:)

hey, i was exactly the same yesterday. i had a hugeeee binge. i ate good in my meals, salad for dinner fruit salad after and then veg and beef for tea. and even tho i was full i still pigged out. its anoyying, you no you shouldn't but theres something inside u which is like, i need it now! i dont care i'm having it. then you feel really really crap. i wish i could stop it but sometimes i just cant help it. but the really strange thing is, from wed-wed, i lost 1/4 of a pound eating healthy all week. then over night after my binge.. i lost half pound. really strange!

i'm looking into getting an appetite supressant, really shouldnt tho. but i feel like i really need something to stop me thinkin about food all the time.

So, you binged? So what? Everybody does it, and everybody goes through the same thinking afterwards: "I've ruined it, I might as well give up. All my hard work was for nothing. Now, how about some chocolate fingers?"

Well its not true! Don't listen to your inner critic, because there is no way you've ruined all of your hardwork. Ok, so you might have gained a little weight...but it won't be as much as you've lost! I can see from your profile bar you've dropped a whole BMI point! There's simply no way you've gained that back from your binge! So, not all of your hardwork has been wasted. What will make you feel better, is doing a little bit of excercise. Whack on some music you can dance to and move for half n hour. Chances are, after that half n hour the endorphins would have kicked in, and you'll be enjoying yourself. Those endorphins will make you feel happy and then you'll see, that you didn't waste anything in your binge.

We need those binges to make us stronger, so that when they happen again we can move through them and realise "I'm only human. I'm not going to bite into myself every time I screw up, because its happened one and it will happen again. Whats important is that I move through it, and keep doing the good stuff."

I hope, by the way, that you don't think I'm preaching at you...because I really don't wanna come across that way! All of this comes from personal experience, and I still go through the same thing, every day. Wondering if that little bit of chocolate I just ate is going to mess up everything I've already done - however, I've come to realise now that it won't.

xxx

Aw Emmaline thankyou - so much of bingeing is linked to psychology, why can't things just be easier! lol

Shazza I've thought about that too, but I don't think I want to have to be reliant on something to help me lose weight. I think about food constantly too - watching tv "ooh i could have some biscuits/chocolate etc" lol, on the bus "oh i fancy some crisps" and so on. It's all the time I can't help it! I'm always thinking "What can I have next? What's in the kitchen?" Or sometimes even DURING a meal I'll be thinking about pudding or what I can eat later. It's a strange thing :(

You're right Leighleigh, one bad day (although it was spectcularly bad) won't put all the weight back on, I think I'm too much of a perfectionist. Sometimes if I have something I probably shouldn't i.e. a square of chocolate, afterwards I think oh dammit I might as well eat the whole bar - so I do! I need to learn to recognise when I've fallen off the wagon before it goes to far and not to panic! it's not the end of the world :)

Hi Sammy

I had a big bad day too! How does a family size bag of giant buttons sound, plus s packs of oatcakes plus my evening meal swooshed down with 2 large glasses of pinot grigio!! Uuuurrgh! Why oh why? I too thought after the first handful of buttons - what the hell, I may as well scoff the lot! Any road up, as we say in Yorkshire, tomorrow I will plan my day and start afresh. I think it's a slow process but looking at the process as a whole, we are moving on and understanding our weaknesses better. I fully expect to binge again at times but to STOP it before it gets to be a daily occurrence.

We can beat this Sammy!! ;)

Pomooky XX

My god pomooky i hope so lol Most annoying thing is I'm not even hungry when I eat meals so I'm definitely not hungry when I binge!

I've had a huge binge today and I don't know why!!! I've eaten a whole easter egg, crisps, TWO helpings of rice and curry, soup, egg rolls, bananas, and I've even been eyeing up some chocolate fingers. And now I feel bad because I've scoffed so much and feel like giving up, I feel like I've ruined my weight loss so might as well not bother. Major lack of motivation and willpower at the mo guys. Any of you had a day like mine? How do you deal with binges?

Don't be hard on yourself sammy - put it behind you and look to your next loss. You're trying to change ingrained eating habits so it makes sense that you may have the odd relapse. The main thing is that you get back on track shortly afterwards. Just do a quick check to see if you're depriving yourself of any particular food type as that can sometimes lead to food cravings and then binges..!! Other than that you will get there, just persevere!!

hey i had that day on mothers day :( so much choc layin around :/

thanks slimandtoned :) leanne, i can imagine lol

thanks slimandtoned :) leanne, i can imagine lol

Well, now I'm going to have to follow my own advice... Binged today on junk mainly due to no sleep last night and being upset about a row with my OH, the joys... So sammy you are definitely not on your own this week!!! I'll restart tomorrow! :)

oh dear lol its weird that things like arguements can set us off

how poop!

You said you felt guilty about the binge after it. Thats means you're still bothered. I wouldn't worry, as everyone's said we've all done it. Don't let it deter you. You've just go to climb back up on that horse again.
Good Luck
x

Dundermifflin said:
You said you felt guilty about the binge after it. Thats means you're still bothered. I wouldn't worry, as everyone's said we've all done it. Don't let it deter you. You've just go to climb back up on that horse again.
Good Luck
x

Ditto x

Back