Bingeing and CD?

Just seen your post Lexie, PLEASE don't beat yourself up... as others have said, draw a line and move on. I can totally see how this happened (driving test... arghhh) but you KNOW you haven't failed at the diet, not unless you chuck the whole thing in to spite yourself, and you are way too smart for that. And 1000 cals is not the end of the world... it feels bad, I know, but I bet it's a whole lot better than past binges may have been.

I think a lot of us here on minis like the feeling of being in control, in life and around food, and Cd gives us that. It's maybe WHY we like CD as opposed to other diets. But when we slip, that's when it gets scary, and that out-of-control feeling is so powerful it threatens to engulf us. But... it won't, unless we let it. And you're not gonna, I know. So curl up with your dog and drink your coffee and tetra, and let the shaky feeling subside, because it will. And then learn from this, because the biggest lessons come wrapped up inside the scariest things.

I think KD may be right and that soon you need to step up to 810. Don't be scared of that. You wil still lose... and learn lots all the way about food. I loved my 2 months on SS but the learning started on 810 and those were lessons I BADLY needed. I lost more on the steps than on SS in the end. I am still learning, because getting to goal is just the start, if you are someone who has binge-eat issues and a long history of being nuts around food, especially if emotional stuff is a trigger. I had a day like that yesterday, after row with OH, and I recognised the same 'switch-off' of feelings that you describe, that allowed me to hoover up assorted foods I should not have had, but the difference was I saw it way sooner and stopped it, and though it was still a bad day it wasn't the end of the world.

Nor was your binge... and in a few weeks maybe you will see it as an important part of the CD journey, something that pushed you to look for answers, tactics, different ways to handle difficult feelings. Think I am rambling on now... what it boils down to is, hope you feel better soon hon and big hugs, & PM anytime if you want to moan, I'm always around.

xxx

I think what has already been eluded to in this thread is absolutely right, i.e a couple of days don't undo everything, so write them off and start again. One of my big problems is that if I have one bad day I consider it a complete failure and think "Oh well I've blown it now, so why not just blow it bigstyle" and what happens is I carry on and on and end up back at square one. You are not back at square one - remember that!!

Today is a new day a fresh start
Good luck

im sorry to hear you are having such a crap time of it Lex, but we are all here to support you through this. I cant say much that others haven't said better but you have obviously done so fantastically well, these things happen. don't beat yourself up, have a lovely pampering day today and totally relax.hugs!

by the way, i am also very sorry about the driving test! mine is tomorrow and i am terrified. first one, so i dont like my chances of passing! i am trying to stay positive and not let my nerves get the better of me.

Katycakes.. Its good to know that we can loose more on the other plans then on ss alone. Just makes me realise that my thought of going up to 810 next week will be a good one as i'm going away and need to feel I can eat too. Might take away some tetra''s for brekkie, not sure yet. x

Good luck Nikki. That was my reason for going to 810 originally, and being able to have one hi protein meal a day did help. For me it was usually a hotel brekky, boiled or poached eggs minus the bread, which is not strictly allowed on 810 but as veggie I had limited options! That brekky kept me going & I'd have a bar for lunch & shake for tea, back in hotel room. I planned to return to SS but chose to stay on 810 because I was learning & still losing, if a little more slowly. So whether you do it for a week or longer, good luck!

xxx

just read your post and had to reply!
You should never see yourself as a failure hun for having a blip! Just know that you dont want to carry that blip on and get back on the CD wagon!
You know you can do it....but its worth it a lot more than the food you have eaten!
Sending you big hugs hun....but dont dwell on the guilt....focus on the future
xxxx

But by jings it was a hyuge blip. So huge you could have stuck a flag in it, claimed it, settled and raised a small family.

I did say last week that I didn't feel I was coping well on SS, but after much discussion we decided to give it another week. Should have been more confident in myself and pushed for SS+ or 810. But whats done is done. No more SS for me just now. If it takes a wee while longer then so be it, otherwise just mucking about like this is going to make much longer in the long run.

16lbs is totally do-able on SS+/810, I promise... and the added bonus that you can start to work with the food demons too. (Yippee... but I know you will be up for it Lexie). Hindsight is all very well, but I really do think you can learn from this once you get over the shock of it... onwards and upwards, hon. Or downwards, even.

xxx

Its like I literally cannot stop, I am like a woman possessed, trying to work out what I can eat.

Oh I can totally relate. Ive had several days binging recently. its like once Ive eaten Im looking for the next "snack". Have you been eating meals or has it all been unsatisfying naughty "treats"?

Estimate probably rammed in about 1000 cals.

To be fair thats not too bad, it's still half of what they recommend women should eat on a daily basis.

What I wonder is do you struggling ladies find you binge more than cheat on CD?

I find my cheats lead me to a binge. If I cheat it gives me permission to eat everything in sight, because in my mind "Oh ive messed up for today - might as well start fresh tomorrow and eat everything I can now to get rid of it"

I hope your back on track now hun, as its the only option that will make you feel better. :)

xxx

But by jings it was a hyuge blip. So huge you could have stuck a flag in it, claimed it, settled and raised a small family.

Ack...been there, done that...:sigh: Size of binge is irrelevant. Its what you do after that matters more.

As I said before, it's not failure. If it is, then I'm a failure too.

If it takes a wee while longer then so be it, otherwise just mucking about like this is going to make much longer in the long run.

Yep, and that's what some people do. So determined to stick to SS when the head isn't in the right place for that level, that they can spend way too long going up and down, beating themselves up and getting nowhere.

There are times when going back to SS could be okay, but most times, it can be a bad move. Certainly if it happens a few times or if you are getting closer to goal.

Sometimes it's better to accept that it's time to move up and do the next bit of the 'journey', happy that you're back on track and caring for yourself in the best possible way :)

Thanks Katycakes, have gone up to ss+ this week and will do 810 plan at the weekend and then back to ss+ when I return all week. Will see how that goes and go from there. I know myself the last 2 days have been easier for me, I can now control my cravings because I know I can eat one small meal a day. Kept it low carb and high protein and don't think i'm out of ketosis as not feeling hungry, but if I am, then I'm ok with that too.. It doesn't matter either way as long as I loose the weight and if I have the STS week now and then, I'll treasure that too.. and think of it as a maintained week. Thx for your advice. xx

Lexie big huggs coming your way honey(((((())))))
You are def not a failure and you have been such an inspiration to so many people your just in a bad place at the mo and when you get through that you will be raring to go again but whatever happens you have friends right here to steer you in the right direction. You have done so well and are looking fab at the moment.

Back