Bingo Wings!! Help!!

emilybc

Hi guys

Despite maintaining a more or less constant weight over the last 6 months, I've noticed my arms have just sagged and got significantly bigger. I've been putting it off but it's time to admit it - I have BINGO WINGS.

I want to tackle this asap and I've bought myself a pair of 3kg dumbells to start with. But I have no idea what Im doing really. Any guidance would be very very much appreciated!

So far I have been doing reps of 20 of:
- bicep curls
- lifting the weights above my head
- lifting my arms horizontally outwards
I do this daily.

That amount of exercise definitely works my arms enough for me to feel like they have had a work out afterwards, but it would be nice to know if there is anything more effective I could do/if I need to do more!

Thanks guys ;)

i use the biggest loser workout dvd as that has specific exercises for arms and under your arms whilst holding weights. My Bingo wings are terrible! i cant wear short sleeve tops im too ashamed, but ive noticed a slight improvement in them since doing the dvd. (would prob be more significant if i did it more than once a week!)

I haven't tried them myself but I've read that Kettle-bells are really good for tackling BW!!

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I've heard a lot about kettlebells, I might have to invest in one. Actually - do you just buy one? Or do you need a set? And what weight is best?

I noticed my bingo wings had got bad when I saw a pic of a holiday I'd been on where I was hugging someone. My arm, pressed flat, was the equivelant width of two peoples arms! That was the straw tht broke the camels back moment!

Ok a few days ago my misses was talking about her bingo wings. She asked what exercise will help....the answer is the one that burns the most calories. And that is exercising your biggest muscles not the small ones in your arms. Bicep and tricep are a fraction of the size of other muscles.

You cant spot reduce fat. So the fat on your arms will go when your body burns it, all bicep curls to is tone the underlying muscle. Now I lift 2 x 20kg dumbells for bicep curls and my biceps are not huge, so to make a difference you are going to have to lift some mighty weights.

Gettign some kettlebells is brilliant. ARgos has a set and great place to start. But dont focus on your arms - do the exercises which burn calories such as your bum, legs and chest and once done then maybe some bicep/tricep work. There are DVD or youtube has great exercises for free.

PRob not what you wanted to hear...ok in answer to your question for some arm attack exercises try these

1. skipping, pref leather or weighted rope. works the upper arms
2. 21's - similar to the bicep curl. the first 7 reps you lift the weight from by your hip but only half way up and then return; the second 7 reps you start half way and go to the top of the curl by your shoulders and then the final 7 is the full range bicep curl.
3. Hammer curls - hold the weight at 90 degrees to how you would normally and curl
4. tricep dip - use a chair to dip from or weights bench
5. skull crushers - Barbell Lying Triceps Extension "Skull Crusher"
6. overhead extensions - Dumbbell Triceps Extension
7. concentration curl - Dumbbell Concentration Curl

Do 3 sets of 10 reps week 1, 12 reps weeks 2 and 14 reps weeks 3 then use a bigger weight

HI MartinD. Big thanks for all the info, really really helpful!

It's a shame that that's the one part of my body which has noticeably got bigger/sagged recently and yet I cant spot reduce the weight.

I'll carry on eating sensibly, exercising and trying your tips and hopefully I'll notice a difference eventually.

x

Back