BinkyBonk needs to lose weight...

Chicken tikka is lovely hun.. only one I've tried so far (pic in my diary) and would recommend. Easily feed two. Im off the wagon currently too. How about a pact we both get back on it monday 100% :) x

Loving that idea, let's make a pact we will be good together this week x

Ooo I will go have a look at the picture, definitely trying it with the bf if it makes two :)

I added rice and it was too much for one. Meat was lovely and lots of sauce!! Pact made :) lets do this x

Just had a look and it looks great, I will add rice too, excited to try it now he he x

It should help me knowing I am doing it with someone, determined :)

Looking through my SW magazine and feeling motivated again, thinking I might try the seven day plan when I get back from centre parcs next week :)

I have planned this weeks meals using what I have at home to save money but it should be SW friendly :)

Also found a leek and macoroni cheese recipe in there that I will do in a couple of weeks as the bf loves macoroni so we shall try it :)

Only thing I'd say is that some of the sw magazine recipes have tasted awful for me in the past .. waste of food and money. There's a few nice ones but I've found most hit and miss.... and expensive. Much nicer meals on the threads on here hun!x

Ooo okay, will keep my eye out, thanks hun, I usually adapt the to things I know we like anyway but will be wary x

I try to look at the recipes on here when I get the chance :)

Only thing I'd say is that some of the sw magazine recipes have tasted awful for me in the past .. waste of food and money. There's a few nice ones but I've found most hit and miss.... and expensive.

Much nicer meals on the threads on here hun!x[/QUOTE
Could not agree more - when I did green days bought a SW green book and most of the ones I tried were pretty tasteless. Some of the Italian and Indian ones were not too bad but really have to read and imagine the recipes before you make them.
Have you looked on the SW recipe threads - remember there used to be some good ones on there.

The SW pastry less quiche are good and will keep for a few days in a Lock and Lock box in the fridge so you can eat those as a snack if you put plenty of veg in them.
When I am at home my freezer looks like a shop one - I bulk cook all the time - freeze rice and pasta - make my own pasta and curry sauce (cheaper and nicer than shop bought) so if we have been out for the day just get it out of the freezer and re-heat or take it out before we go out and let it de-frost on the draining board.

Only thing I'd say is that some of the sw magazine recipes have tasted awful for me in the past .. waste of food and money. There's a few nice ones but I've found most hit and miss.... and expensive.

Much nicer meals on the threads on here hun!x

Thats very surprising to hear. I have done lot of SW meals and not one tasted plain , not to mention awful ? But then again I dont look the seasoning from book or method - I only look what goes into meal and off I go.
Secret to every cooking is to season food , how you like it to be seasoned. So Binks =) dont not worry ahead - go go , cook some nice meals, plenty of seasoning and lots of smiles =) Tastes are very different and what only loves other one hates - You just need to find things thats will suit you.

Btw - as I was so smart pants last night and I knew I will have two off plan days , I went back to food diarys myself ( well actually photos ) and I will try for 5 days ( from Monday to Saturday ) eat the same things I had on my second SW week =) Will do photo challenge too - before and now photos , lol This will be so much fun :D

Much nicer meals on the threads on here hun!x[/QUOTE
Could not agree more - when I did green days bought a SW green book and most of the ones I tried were pretty tasteless. Some of the Italian and Indian ones were not too bad but really have to read and imagine the recipes before you make them.
Have you looked on the SW recipe threads - remember there used to be some good ones on there.

The SW pastry less quiche are good and will keep for a few days in a Lock and Lock box in the fridge so you can eat those as a snack if you put plenty of veg in them.
When I am at home my freezer looks like a shop one - I bulk cook all the time - freeze rice and pasta - make my own pasta and curry sauce (cheaper and nicer than shop bought) so if we have been out for the day just get it out of the freezer and re-heat or take it out before we go out and let it de-frost on the draining board.

How strange, are they just bland or do they generally not taste right at all? x

I definitely think bulk cooking is what i need to get back into =)

Thats very surprising to hear. I have done lot of SW meals and not one tasted plain , not to mention awful ? But then again I dont look the seasoning from book or method - I only look what goes into meal and off I go.
Secret to every cooking is to season food , how you like it to be seasoned. So Binks =) dont not worry ahead - go go , cook some nice meals, plenty of seasoning and lots of smiles =) Tastes are very different and what only loves other one hates - You just need to find things thats will suit you.

Btw - as I was so smart pants last night and I knew I will have two off plan days , I went back to food diarys myself ( well actually photos ) and I will try for 5 days ( from Monday to Saturday ) eat the same things I had on my second SW week =) Will do photo challenge too - before and now photos , lol This will be so much fun :D

I think i will try a few of the ones that we should like as they are just more SW friendly ways of cooking them and see what i think but i do love looking at the recipes people post on here too =) Think i will have to try a bit of both x

Oooo comparing will be so much fun for you and seeing how different it is, i will keep an eye out to see how you get on x

Good morning binks ... Trying some new recipes sounds good and a good way to get back on track and kick start things again.

Hope you have a lovely day xx

Morning Sparkles,

I think it will help to motivate me again, just looking at the magazine again helped yesterday =)

Hello all my lovely peeps,

So i am back on it today whoop whoop, I have had a lie in which really helped me feel much better and then had brunch of bacon x2, egg x2 baked beans and toast x1, I made the bf a BBQ pulled pork and cheese toastie and then cleaned the kitchen and started cooking my food plan for the week =D

- I have made toffee overnight oats with a banana for breakfast for me and the bf tomorrow
- I am cooking Quorn rosemary sausage, mash and veg tonight and have already cooked the sweet potato mash and broccoli for the bf to have with the rest of the sausages for lunch tomorrow
- I have cooked a big batch of chilli (yum) for dinner with rice tomorrow and a jacket potato Tuesday as i am working both

Tonight when i cook dinner i will also be cooking a big batch of rice, egg, peas and sweetcorn with stock for me to take to work Monday and Tuesday and the bf on Tuesday which means i don't have to worry about cooking until my day off on Wednesday when i will do it all again he he x

The bf had fallen asleep when i finished cooking and cleaning in the kitchen, I wrapped him in my blanket and watched big bang, love lazy Sundays, he is going go-karting with his work friends in a little while so i will probably relax with my book and catch up on more recordings =)

Hope everyone else is having a nice day x

Woo hoo - just caught up on your diary and glad you're back on a good, happy binks day. Dieting is exhausting at times. Too easy to put on weight vs getting it off again. But I honestly think you'll get there, I truly believe all our little hang will. On bad days I look at my before and after pics. Helps so much.

Woo hoo - just caught up on your diary and glad you're back on a good, happy binks day. Dieting is exhausting at times. Too easy to put on weight vs getting it off again. But I honestly think you'll get there, I truly believe all our little hang will. On bad days I look at my before and after pics. Helps so much.

I am pleased i have woken up with my motivation again =)

I am trying to remember how much i have lost so that i carry on x

Have you stepped away from the sugar? x

I've made some really nice curries from the mags, books and threads (there's some lovely thai curry recipes around) but I've had disappointing results with some of the recipes that involve the likes of quark... (quark and tom puree/tinned toms resulted in a PINK pasta dish from one of the mag recipes... haha). Also some of the dishes I've made when bulk cooking haven't frozen well, when the magazine had the freezer symbol next to it.

A day in the kitchen is deff key to getting back on track though :) bulk cooking soups is very handy for quick lunch ideas. I bulk cook a thai chicken one, BNS soup and carrot and coriander (you can get this as a pack ready chopped to cook from ASDA)

Are you ready for our pact tomorrow?;) x

I haven't got anything in for soups and still have two tins of heinz tomato that i need to use up first as i don't want to waste them but after that i shall definitely be trying to make a soup a week, i think it will also help the bf as he seems to struggle to realize he is full and will then snack after having a healthy dinner and pudding so a weight loss programme said his type of appetite should have a portion of soup while dinner is cooking so he starts to feel full before he has dinner, so will deffo be trying this x

I am so ready for our pact, i have weighed this morning and am 10st 12.6lbs so hoping by next weekend it will be lower, we can do this x x

I have written to a new family about a full time nanny position this morning so am waiting to see if they contact me, it would be four days a week so I could still go to see my family once a week :)

The bf is making me worried I will not reach my potential if I don't gain a job in a new field soon and I keep thinking am I playing life too day by day? but I think it is hard to plan for a future when I don't know what that is, hmmm decisions decisions x

Back