bio oil

hello,

i would like to know if anyone has used bio oil and if so how good is it. i have purchased some from\ an internet site but keep thinking it not the real stuff. i dont now if there is any way i could tell it is genuine, the oil i have is light orange in colour and smells kinda like baby oil. is that wat it should be like or have i been ripped off.

thanks
Ali

hey

my bio oil is in a small bottle with a white lid and it is a pale orange liquid which is quite greasy but smells lovely!
It says bio oil on the bottle!! So you would be able to tell if it is legit!!

I had a baby 10 months ago and i use it every day and my stretch marks look better than my mums who are 24 years old!!!

Hope this helps

Lou

I have that but i'm not to sure if it works(been using it for 3 months)

Im not convinced that its that great to be honest. I did get some but found it to be too runny although it smells yum. I used it on my belly for about a month but didnt really see any improvement.

At the same time I have been using Virgin Vie products on my thighs and boobs and they are looking better. Not sure if its mostly in the mind though tbh.

Question for Sam?

Im not convinced that its that great to be honest. I did get some but found it to be too runny although it smells yum. I used it on my belly for about a month but didnt really see any improvement.

At the same time I have been using Virgin Vie products on my thighs and boobs and they are looking better. Not sure if its mostly in the mind though tbh.

Sam

What Virgin Vie products have you been using?

I'm using ROC Retinol Body Modelling cream...been using it for a couple of weeks now and have noticed a difference in the appearance of stretch marks and also the tone of my skin! :)

I love both Bio Oil and the Palmers Cocoa butter (the one I use is for stretch marks, etc). I tend to use the Cocoa butter in the morning and the Bio oil in the evening. My stretch marks have improved and so has my skin elasticity. I do think that drinking lots of water helps too, and I've been doing a dry skin brusing routine every morning before I shower. It's a bit of a routine, but it works for me so why mess with it?

Sam

What Virgin Vie products have you been using?

Ive been using the Day Spa Range - in particular the body buffer exfoliating wash and the skin drink body moisturiser as they contain something called "sea buckthorn berry oil" which promotes skin renewal. That seems to be working.

Ive also been using the day spa happy hands softening cream on my thighs, which sounds weird I know, but its really rich and also contains the same ingredient and it does seem to be making the stretch marks fade.

As I said though, I'm not 100% convinced that any thing will completely eliminate stretch marks and loose skin but I feel better for using it as if Im trying to do something positive to prevent it.

I LOVE bio oil, i've got some hideous scars on my back that resemble stretch marks but were due to medication and i've been using bio oil for about a month and they're much less unsightly now i've had these for 6yrs and this is the best they've EVER been but i do agree that water has a lot to do with it too but i say whatever helps lol

I think it did make a bit of a difference, but not dramatically - my stretch marks (20 years of yo-yoing, not pregnancy) are probably too old and established to be helped by now. But to be honest I'm far too lazy / chaotic to slap it on every day anyway!

The one thing that really did tighten and smooth my stomach was a mud treatment I had at a spa - not a wrap, but just slapping mud on my tum and leaving it on for half an hour. It was a mud that was supposed to draw out excess water - I can't find the name of it and if anyone knows a brand, would be grateful - but the difference was enormous, and lasted ages.

Back