Birmingham Meet April 24th & 25th

Is that for me Taz? if so I have a work function on the Friday, I'l pop in to Jury's before it and if I'm in the right state i.e. sober enough I'll pop in after the function as well. Saturday is good to go.

Another casualty I'm afraid :(

I have to say I would be very very reluctant to book and pay for anything for another meet until very close to the time. I was very close to booking flights to this and something stopped me... I'm very glad I didn't now!!!!

I have the hotel booked but that can be cancelled.

I wonder is there a better way for people who have to pay in advance for flights/train fares etc to ensure that these meets go ahead or is that just the nature of the beast??

I'm not annoyed but I saw from the Belfast meet and now this one that they can just so easily fall through... I would be well pee'd off if I had have booked flights!!

I have to say I would be very very reluctant to book and pay for anything for another meet until very close to the time. I was very close to booking flights to this and something stopped me... I'm very glad I didn't now!!!!

I have the hotel booked but that can be cancelled.

I wonder is there a better way for people who have to pay in advance for flights/train fares etc to ensure that these meets go ahead or is that just the nature of the beast??

I'm not annoyed but I saw from the Belfast meet and now this one that they can just so easily fall through... I would be well pee'd off if I had have booked flights!!

LOL this meet isn't cancelled hun, it's just that a few people have had to pull out.

Reactions: Jim
I think there are still a fair few coming Gen

OOOOOOOOOPs, we posted together Karen.

I know its not cancelled but the people I would have been going to meet up with have all pulled out... my 'friends' on here as it were!!

So as not to detract from this meet i won't start a new thread for a possible later Brum meet until this one has happened.

I think the next one is Liverpool in July so i might make that one if i've got a job.... if not then poss August for another Brum meet... I'll leave it at that for now...

Still wish i was going to this meet though, but needs must!

I agree, that it's not cancelled but a few people have pulled out - but that's actually quite unusual for Birmingham - last time it was packed!

Unfortunately circumstances seem to have conspired against a number of people and I for one wish I was still going too, but it would have been a very hard month for me afterwards!

I agree, that it's not cancelled but a few people have pulled out - but that's actually quite unusual for Birmingham - last time it was packed!

Unfortunately circumstances seem to have conspired against a number of people and I for one wish I was still going too, but it would have been a very hard month for me afterwards!

Yeah i agree i've never know so many cancellations for a Brum meet... It's usually the best attended.

Yeah i agree i've never know so many cancellations for a Brum meet... It's usually the best attended.

in all seriousness.. its nevr had this many cancellations.. but tbh.. people werent getting as screwed up over credit crunch before now.. and it isnt fair to make them feel bad for it.. im sad that i can't come.. but i didnt invisage me being 36 weeks pregnant when i said i would come.. lol.. im so sorry to those people who really wanted to go and can't.. breaks my heart dolls..
x x x

in all seriousness.. its nevr had this many cancellations.. but tbh.. people werent getting as screwed up over credit crunch before now.. and it isnt fair to make them feel bad for it.. im sad that i can't come.. but i didnt invisage me being 36 weeks pregnant when i said i would come.. lol.. im so sorry to those people who really wanted to go and can't.. breaks my heart dolls..
x x x

I can't believe it's only 48 days doll. We'll have to have baby-minimins meet and we'll all babysit, we'll be fighting to get our hands on the little one ;)

Back