Birmingham Meet

Jane (font of all knowledge) whats the best way for me to get to the Ramada from Broad Street station?? xx

Ha ha... yes New Street, cab sounds cool, think I arrive about hafl one(ish). x

There's always Taxi's at New street station- I just wonder if anyone else will be arriving around the same time so you could share ? Not sure how everyone is getting here
Linz im not sure what time i will be arriving but if im there at that time i will share a taxi with you chuck..(if you like that is!! :confused:) :D

P.S-Gemma has offered to pick me up at the station if i get there in the morning too :)))

Linz im not sure what time i will be arriving but if im there at that time i will share a taxi with you chuck..(if you like that is!! :confused:) :D

P.S-Gemma has offered to pick me up at the station if i get there in the morning too :)))

Offer still there my lovely :D:D:D Not problem at all :)

I'm going to suggest meeting up in jury's Inn between 5.30 and 6. Obviously everyone staying at the Ramada will meet up there 1st I guess-this is comming together very nicely

I'll be there :D

Its getting really close now - much excited.

I'll be driving up from South Wales and staying with Mr V so will be meeting you at Jurys Inn - where ever that is. I'll look out for Jim

Sorry to say I'll not be eating or drinking due to LL start next week but I'll can quaff a fizzy water like the best of them, maybe I'll bring a bar to munch on :)

Sorry to say I'll not be eating or drinking due to LL start next week but I'll can quaff a fizzy water like the best of them, maybe I'll bring a bar to munch on :)
Dont forget yer nose peg and blinkers as well then vanda....wow talk bout willpower of steel..amazing that :eek: :)

I would like to do a secret santa thing for the meet..would anyone else :confused:

Not sure how we could work it though..maybe buy a pressie for x amount then put names into a hat and draw one out providing it isnt your own..

What do you all think chucks :D

Dont forget yer nose peg and blinkers as well then vanda....wow talk bout willpower of steel..amazing that :eek: :)

I would really rather get stuck in like the rest of you, but I'm only starting LL next Friday so will have to do my best :D

I would like to do a secret santa thing for the meet..would anyone else :confused:

Not sure how we could work it though..maybe buy a pressie for x amount then put names into a hat and draw one out providing it isnt your own..

Could just do a lucky dip thing. Just buy a prezzie for x amount and everyone just dip in. Worth a thought x

I think a present steal might be even more fun.

Everyone (who wants to participate) brings a gift of a certain agree upon value.

The gifts are placed on surface or floor and everyone is seated in a circle around them. Everyone draws a number out of a bag, hat, whatever... and then the person with number 1 goes first and selects a gift.

#1 opens the gift, shows it to all and sits down with the gift visable.

#2 can either a) steal #1's gift or b) pick and unwrap another a la #1.

If a person's gift is stolen, then they get up and select again, unwrap and wait to be robbed!

#3 goes after #1 and #2 and they either steal from #1 or #2 or pick a gift, unwrap it, etc.

A gift may only be stolen 3 times! The fourth person to posess an item gets to keep it.

You cannot resteal your stolen gift: you have to pick an upwrapped gift.

This continues until all the gifts have been distributed.

It has been my experience that thiscan be loads of fun. Also, please steal -- we all have have more than we need and the fun is in the playing, moaning over the loss, begging someone to not steal your gift, etc.

Now, I am really jealous.com!

I think a present steal might be even more fun.

Everyone (who wants to participate) brings a gift of a certain agree upon value.

The gifts are placed on surface or floor and everyone is seated in a circle around them. Everyone draws a number out of a bag, hat, whatever... and then the person with number 1 goes first and selects a gift.

#1 opens the gift, shows it to all and sits down with the gift visable.

#2 can either a) steal #1's gift or b) pick and unwrap another a la #1.

If a person's gift is stolen, then they get up and select again, unwrap and wait to be robbed!

#3 goes after #1 and #2 and they either steal from #1 or #2 or pick a gift, unwrap it, etc.

A gift may only be stolen 3 times! The fourth person to posess an item gets to keep it.

You cannot resteal your stolen gift: you have to pick an upwrapped gift.

This continues until all the gifts have been distributed.

It has been my experience that thiscan be loads of fun. Also, please steal -- we all have have more than we need and the fun is in the playing, moaning over the loss, begging someone to not steal your gift, etc.

Now, I am really jealous.com!
LOL OMG that is way tooooooooooo confusing for this brain to digest!!can you imagine the bedlum after a few drinkipoos!!! :p:p:p

It sounds like a fantastic ice breaker folks - go for it and have fun x

LOL OMG that is way tooooooooooo confusing for this brain to digest!!can you imagine the bedlum after a few drinkipoos!!!

I'm confused now and I'm sober :)

It'll do you good Jim - a good brain work-out after a holiday - after all you are retired now and have to keep the old grey matter going :p x

You guys are just too mean... it took me ages to write up that post. ;)

The gift steal is actually a lot of fun, and being tipsy makes it even better.

One of the most fun party games I ever played was at the staff party of a school I taught in New York. We played musical chairs (and most of us were pretty tipsy)... it goes without saying that the kindergarten (Reception) teacher won. LOL

Back