Birthday cake - help needed

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Amber34, 26 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    It's our friends' birthday this weekend and we want to try to help her stick to her plan - she has enough people already trying to sabotage her efforts :eek:

So, we need a gorgeous birthday cake she feels she can indulge in without breaking the diet.

I've seen the Delia chocolate cake recipe (lots of eggs) and am quite happy to make that, unless there are better ideas out there? I know nothing about Slimming World, but I heard her say she had about 90 syns to use last week - is that any help?

If I do the Delia cake, what toppings would you recommend? I would love to make something really indulgent, without the calories/syns of course.

TYIA

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Foxy1509

Foxy1509 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    The Delia cake is fab. I made it yesterday and my OH - a chocoholic - has already finished it off!

For a celebration cake, I'd put peaks of sweetened (using sweetener) quark or fromage frais and halved strawberries on the top.

4. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Thanks for the ideas - I'll give it a go!

5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I have also made the Delia cake. You could split the cake mix to make 2 smaller cakes and sandwich them together with some sugar free jam and mixed quark, fromage frais, cocoa and sweetener.

There is also a FAB recipe in the recipe section for Stacy's Lemon cake- this has a lovely lemon filling and glaze and it VERY nice (14 syns for entire cake if I remember correctly)

xxx

6. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    What about a huge birthday pavlova?

Very low syn, could have sweetner in a little quark as the cream and heap up with raspberries, blueberries etc?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.