• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Birthday Cake?

I feel like I'm blaspheming against all diet rules but I need a recipe for a cake. It's my 18th birthday on monday and I'm having a dinner party on the friday of the same week and all my friends are expecting a cake of some description or another. They all know I'm on Xenical but I still want to blow out my candles and sit down to a slice with them without experiencing the squiffy effect haha!

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Really anything would be amazingly helpful =)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Umm last year my hubby shoved a candle in a Weight Watchers Belgian choc slice for me? Not quite the same effect as say a big birthday cake, but hey I got no side effects :D
x

Hi Starlight

Love cake too...and birthday cake is important...particularly 18th. If you do a google search for low fat cake recipes there are some you can try, including a fat free sponge...not sure on this one...but if you like carrot cake Deli does a lovely one....

malt loaf ? haha not cake but tasty ..

hmm weightwatchers lemon cakes , the weightwatcher carrot cake with yogurt topping .. and weight watchers belgum brownie slices ... again not like a birthday cake but it is cake and its very tasty

xxx

Your 18th birthday is very important , if I was you take a day off from xenical and just enjoy urself , put it this way when your older and someone asks "how did you spend your 18th?" you want to say I enjoyed myself had a great time and not oh it was ok I was on a diet so couldn't eat what I wanted.
There's plenty more days to worry about dieting "enjoy urself"!!:)

i wouldnt skip the pill in sake of cake , enjoy your day the sensible way , then you will enjoy yourself more realising that you have done well xx

Kes

Gold Member
you could always get loads of the little weigth watchers cakes and shape them to say 18.....
just an idea!! no side effects. and still yummy cake!!!!

Thank you for all the help! I did a bit of a search and found a "Fat Free Chocolate Cake" - it sounds a bit too good to be true but I'm gonna give it a go. And if that doesn't work I'm going to do that shaping WW cakes into the shape of a digital 18 xDDDD

ooooh fat free chocolate cake....
please let us know how that goes.... (and post the recipie!!!!)

Good luck!!!

take pics :p x

Well it's in the oven (I am testing it out so I can see if it works ahead of time) so shall report to you all how it tastes etc and whether it tangos or not =) It did look like a real chocolate cake when I went to check on it a moment ago so fingers crossed! There's a lot of sugar in it (to make up for the lack of fat I suppose) and it serves 16 and there are 140 calories in a slice.

Last edited:
ooooooohhhhh waiting with bowl and spoon ready for ingredients and if it worked!

Works like a dream and no tango effect so here's the recipe for you guys! The slices are thin but chunky - very dense cake - to me tastes like chocolate fudge cake minus the sickly icing xDD I had my slice chopped up with hot low fat custard last night - heavenly xD It's only 0g of fat if you only eat 1/16th of it - but 1/16th really is enough! I've got a dustbin rather than a stomach and I couldn't have eaten another bite.

Ingredients
Non-Stick cooking spray
6 ¼ oz flour
4 oz unsweetened cocoa
1 ¼ oz cornflour
1 tsp baking power
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
10 oz sugar
240ml water
3 egg whites
90ml golden syrup
1 tsp icing sugar

Directions
Spray 8-inch circular pan with cooking spray. In large bowl combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, cornflower, baking powder, baking soda & salt. In a medium bowl stir sugar and water until sugar is almost dissolved. Add egg whites and golden syrup; stir until blended. Gradually add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in Gas Mark 4 oven 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with icing sugar.

Each serving provides: 0 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 140 Calories, 2 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 160 mg sodium

Last edited:
woooo hoooo. writes all ingredients onto the shopping list and going to tescos!!!

thanks love...
hmmmm chocolate cake!

Ingredients
Non-Stick cooking spray
6 ¼ oz flour
4 oz unsweetened cocoa
1 ¼ oz cornflour
1 tsp baking power
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
10 oz sugar
240ml water
3 egg whites
90ml golden syrup
1 tsp icing sugar
is that plain flour or self raising flour?

thankyou!!!

Oh that sounds Goooooood! Thanks for posting!

Printed that off now, and looking forward to surprising hubby on his birthday (which is also Easter)....he has assumed that Easter/Birthday is going to be a cake-free & chocolate-free event in this house...:D