Birthday meal help!xx

Hey everyone...I'm going out for tea on Saturday for my birthday and have just looked at the menu. I was wondering if you could please help me decide between 3meals.
I follow EE plan...
1. Gammon with pineapple, peas and jacket potato
2. Salmon in White wine and prawn sauce with potatoes and veg
3. Filo pastry parcel with mushrooms, peppers and spinach with red pepper sauce.

I would love the filo parcel but I'm unsure of the syn value of the pastry, is filo that bad? Gammon would be nice too though.

What do you all think? I don't drink either so alcohol syns won't be a problem!x

The gammon and pineapple would be the best thing to go for but to be honest its ur birthday and if I was u I would have what I fancied and get straight back to plan after, if you really want it have it is a special occasion after all J

The gammon and pineapple would be the best thing to go for but to be honest its ur birthday and if I was u I would have what I fancied and get straight back to plan after, if you really want it have it is a special occasion after all J

i agree, if you want to stick to plan go for the gammon, if you want the filo have it.

There are far worse pastries than filo. It is wafer thin and only made with flour and water.

However, when making a pastry such as the one you describe they normally brush with butter or oil or combination of both between layers. 28g raw is 4.5 syns in an old book I have - then you'd need to add for oil/butter, although it won't be swimming with it! The pastry is quite light so 28g goes a fair way.

Have what you fancy on your birthday, just try and syn ahead so you don't go too mad on booze, chips, puddings and other extras! Set a limit for the night of say 30 or 40 - it'll keep you thinking about what you eat/drink, even if you're guestimating syn values. Know what your favourite tipple is in syn-wise too!

Or go mad and take the consequences on the scales! It is your birthday after all!

Back