birthday soon....HELP!

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Need some honest opinions!

It's my 22nd on the 12th of oct and the usual routine is to go out for a meal with my large family.The 12th will be my 14th day of SSing.

Do i eat or not? My CDC said that if i decide to then i should stick to carb free kinds of food and look at the AAM week for inspiration.

I know i wont drink alcohol....

What do i do?

do your family know you are SSing?

I would try to celebrate your birthday in a different way this year. Trust me, I went for a birthday meal with my husband after 3 months of Ssing, thinking it would be easy to get back on track afterwards. How wrong was I. I have wasted the whole of September trying to get back on track.

I agree with wannaloose8stone!

You think that the next day you can get straight back on it and for some they can. I found it really difficult after having one night off and it took me ages to get back on track - saying the usual its close to the weekend now, I will start afresh on Monday!!

i celebrated my birthday saturday night with lots of alcohol and then some food and chocolate cake on the sunday! I'm doing 790 though so its not quite so bad for me.

I would agree with the others - could you not celebrate in a different way this year? it could be that you will be fine with having a low carb meal but i must admit that i'm finding it hard to get back on track this week and also i feel quite ill. Do you want to take that chance?

Could you all go to the pub for a drink instead (obviously no alcohol for you!) or a night out at the cinema or bowling? just some ideas! xx

Have a great time whatever you decide
xx

My family know i'm SSing but arent very happy about it. In fact, it's getting harder cos of the lack of support and if one more person tells me "you'll put it straight back on" i'm going to go spare.

Kinda feeling very alone, although everyone on this forum is amazing and so helpful xxx

How right you are Sam. Go to the flicks see a film . Stay away from eating . When you are at Goal let that be the time to have that meal

i laughed when people were struggling after taking a break ( not really laughing ,just felt smug ), now i am back after breaking for a holiday , i totally agree with the girls , dont come of it . if your family are negative ,they will just think they have won if you come off. I have to say i never felt more powerful in my life than sitting next to my very sceptical husband while he ate pizza and drank beer , with a large black coffee in my hand .my attitude is,i could eat it if i wanted to , but i choose not to . not you note , i cant have it . if you really cant avoid food , have a simple chicken salad and be proud that you are still in control .

I have this dilemma too,
Miine is on the 10th oct, We usually go out for a family chinese or Indian meal, but I really don`t want to..... as yet??

I don`t want to break my motivation as I seem to have only just found it again in the last few weeks, I don`t want to put myself back a couple of weeks and struggle to ss again.

So I think were going out for lunch ( chick salad) and then the cinema, with a bar and coke zero..
Happy birthday to us lol

Back