Biscuit addiction

:8855:Hi - I have been regularly checking in as a guest for some time now - recipes are a Godsend :))
Today I have finally took the courage to join ......I need help with my biscuit addiction - I leave weigh in with so much confidence that this is going to be the week and then I get home and think oh 1 biscuit won't matter but it isn't one - it's almost a packet......how does everyone else get over this ? I know I haven't loads of weight to lose but it's really depressing me.....HELP x

It's probably not very helpful, but the only way I've found of getting over this problem is to not have them in the house. If we have them I can't leave them alone! So yes - I just don't have them in the house. If they're not there, no problem. :)

Buy biscuits that are in pre-wrapped portions... there must be some. Maybe weight watchers do them. Then there's not an open packet of biscuits. You can just pop the wrapped biscuits (2-3 to a packet if I remember correctly) in their lunch boxes and there's no open packets to tempt you.

Meanwhile, buy yourself some Alpen Light bars. You can have two of them as one of your HexB choices. You can have one (or two!) when you're feeling that urge, with a cup of tea. You won't feel deprived then. You just need to find a way to get yourself out of that habit. It's up to you to control it, and you can. It's within your power. :)

Again not very helpful, I love biscuits as well, so I don't have them in the house, husband doesn't like them anyway and the grown-up children have left home.
Problem solved.

I also have 2 young kids (5 and 3) but have found now I have stopped buying the biscuits - they can not (and more importantly I can not eat them) we make flap jacks etc other than that they have rasins, fruit or if I hear "I'm really hungry!!" they have piece of toast!
think we "as a natoin" have everything in all the time and think we have to buy it in as we have kids - we as adults do the shop so if you do not buy it ,nthen no one can eat them!!

good luck x

Thank you for all your replies - I am certainly going to buy the Alpen light and give that a whirl - I need to sort out my willpower ! I gave up chocolate 6 years ago for health reasons and I'm sure I can do this - I know I can - I think I can - I will............:))

have a substitute for those biscuits! i saw someone else post an idea of having kellogs all bran crunchy oatbakes (healthy extra b, 28g). dip them in a cup of tea/coffee! i am yet to try this out too!

I dont buy biscuits either - but they have a FREE biscuit tin at work and on my weaker days I do grab a couple of digestives, which makes me angry with myself because I see it as a real waste of syns! I don't think biscuits are worth the syns, I'd prefer a glass of wine or something!

At the moment at home I have a box of After 8's open which were given to me as a gift - I'm actually tempted to throw them away when I get home later because I can't resist!!!!!

rich tea fingers are only 1 syn each if you could limit yourself to a couple would be a good way to have your 'fix'

write on the pack how many syns each biscuit is, thats what i did the other day, it made me think twice about eating it!! give it a go x

I also have 2 young kids (5 and 3) but have found now I have stopped buying the biscuits - they can not (and more importantly I can not eat them) we make flap jacks etc other than that they have rasins, fruit or if I hear "I'm really hungry!!" they have piece of toast!
think we "as a natoin" have everything in all the time and think we have to buy it in as we have kids - we as adults do the shop so if you do not buy it ,nthen no one can eat them!!

good luck x

Totally agree!

Hi we've always got biscuits in and currently have an open pack of double mini rolls too! I'll be honest here and say I don't tend to feel tempted to eat them but what I have done is made my own draw in the fridge. It has treats in (chocolate and biscuits) and I have them when I want to use syns but no one else goes in there. I think this helps because I'm not thinking 'ooooh I'll have one of them biscuits from the tin in case they all get eaten and I miss out!' Instead I can put a couple in my fridge draw and have them when I want. Also, malted milk biscuits are lovely and only 2 syns.

Back