Bit fed up - need hugs :(

Lily

Gold Member
For the second week in a row I'm on a residential training course for 3 days.
I'm not having any of the meals provided, though it's really, really tough, especially as the training sessions themselves are pretty hard going. But I'm fed up with having my efforts to lose weight sabotaged by my job.

I'm not sure why I'm posting really - I guess cos I need to let off steam somewhere!

The trouble is, in not eating, I feel really out of things. I could've sat with the others and had my milkshake, but I think it would've made me feel even more deprived! And before someone suggests it, I've tried to just have a salad here, but inevitably I end up caving and nose-diving into the puddings. So it's easier to just not go there.

The thing is, it's getting embarrassing now. I've been on and off Cambridge since October 2007 - and I really want to be done with it now.

Like I said, I'm not sure why I'm posting, but I guess I'm looking for a bit of cheering on, LOL. Definitely a bit of cheering up, that's for sure!

Please, someone, tell me this'll be worth it! Why does everything have to revolve around food? :rolleyes:

(((((((((((((((((((Lily)))))))))))))))))

Chin up, this diet is so worthwhile. Think how great you feel when you see your shape changing, buying new clothes that wouldn't have fit you a month ago. How much energy you have now compared to before you started.

Find that willpower from somewhere and keep going - it is so worth it in the end. You are getting so close, and you've done so well so far. Just stick to it.

It definately *will* be worth it!!! I bet you are feeling a lot healthier these days, compared to when you started. Just think of how you will feel when you reach your goal, and how stunning you will look :D

I keep telling myself: whats a few missed meals etc. when you have the rest of your life to do that stuff, and feel and look great while you're doing it.

I had a bit of a wobble when it came round to work social things, but I've decided sod them, me first. It's so not worth me undoing any of the work I've put in so far. I'm only in my fifth week, I can only imagine how you're feeling about this but please stick with it, you'll get there

things only revolve around food hun if you let them!
There is nothing wrong with sitting with a lot of people and having a social event and not partake in the food....
I went to my godsons 18th birthday meal the other week and did my shake at the table in front of 20 people i barely knew! and you know what......screw it! This is YOUR body, you are doing what's best for you right now....so keep doing that and this whole journet will come toan end a lot sooner than if you cheat or give in!

You are stronger than the food hun...keep repeating that!!!!!

Hope all goes ok hun!

xxx

Lily is right though, everything does seem to revolve around food. I'm part of a big family, very close on Mrs L's side, and everything that happens involves a party with a huge spread. Really nice stuff too, like home cooked lasagne (Mrs L's mum does a delicious one, really firm and not sloppy), lovely plates of salami, pastrami, prosciutto, mozzerella and sun dried tomatoes; all sorts of dishes, they really go for it. Even a BBQ for maybe six people doesn't just involve a few burgers on the grill, it's no wonder I'm so fat!

LOL, Lunar Jim - my mouth's watering!

Thanks y'all. :)

I got through it - thanks to you. I was having problems with my internet connection here too which definitely wasn't helping my mood at all!

Liz - I would quite happily have taken my shake into the dining room, but it's not a hotel proper - it's a training centre provided by my employer and for reasons that I can't fully explain here, it would have been very difficult to sit with my shake. But you're right - it can be done - I've done it before.

I was just feeling a little bit sorry for myself, that's all (could ya tell? :D) Feeling a lot better - and really proud of myself for staying strong. I so want to be done with CD this time around - get on with the maintenance bit!

Thanks again!

Hey Lily
Just wanted to send you big hugs hon!
You have done so well and you know how fab cd is and you know it works as you have done so well.
Some days can be harder than others but its so worth it.. if you have a day where your not so good make sure the next day you jump straight back on .
Chin up hon .. CD ROCKS!! x

Back