Bit of a rant sorry!

pinkkate

[h=5]Can anyone give me some advice please? im getting rather annoyed at Slimming World, not the plan but in how i feel we are being treated. My consultant is leaving (fair enough) tomorrow, yet we have heard nothing about who is taking over IF anyone is, who is going to cover until we get someone, the main reason i came to this group was because the other local group was as useful as a chocolate fire guard. I have phoned head office to be told that my consultant will know before they do! yet 2 weeks ago my consultant said she was waiting for a meeting with head office (feeling very fobbed off) all i want to know is WHO will be covering, im not turning up to class next week to find its the persons group i left. Another thing that has annoyed me is the fact of for 2 weeks before my consultant handed in there notice, they were saying how they wanted our group to become a "gold" group and how they wanted to add another time slot on a wednesday evening and even texting US that if they had so many members turn up they were going to add another one etc etc YET when they handed in there notice they said "it had been on the cards a while" so why tell us all that rubbish? Grrrrrr so annoyed its unreal! I need to move groups ive had enough![/h]

not sure if there's any advice to give hun, sounds like things are out of your hands unfortunately, it is annoying when you've found a good group and consultant but that's life things change

think you just have to give things time to sort themselves out and see who takes over, hopefully it'll be someone motivating and good for you

but I would say you need to find a group that works for you, even if it means traveling a few miles more to get there

Thanks! i dont mind that she is leaving its just so frustrating that we are left in the dark, like yesterday i asked my consultant on our fb page group about it, i was ignored and just put up about people moving to the other group they run, like saying in class to members (not the whole group) they cant wait to finish running our group :(

It's not easy to just get a consultant in a group, in fact you may have relief consultants for a while. They may not have anyone who wants it permanently.

Not that it's your concern but groups need to be bought and maybe no one wants to do that.

I'm sure SW want someone in there quick just as much as you do!!!

Good luck.

I understand they have to pay Slimming World for the group etc, but shouldnt they know who is going to be a relief consultant even for the first week?

I understand they have to pay Slimming World for the group etc, but shouldnt they know who is going to be a relief consultant even for the first week?

All depends if someone can do it. Not everyone likes to do relief.

Thing is, does it affect whether you will go to the group by knowing who will be the relief?

They will want someone in sharpish as relief really affects group numbers.

To be honest it would, if it was the persons group who i left and he did relief i wouldnt go to that group and try and go somewhere else or miss a week

If you don't know who is the relief consultant, you could always go and weigh in, then leave if it is the person you don't like. You would have to pay back fees if you missed a week anyway, so you might as well get your weigh in, I think.

I can understand how you are feeling, The group in my village was run by the most useless consulant ever, i was gutted as the group i attended before we moved here, the cons was FAB! I tried a group in the next village but it was inconvenient and i ended up not going to group anymore. Thankfully this year i re-joined the group in my village and another cons has taken it over.

Personally i wish i hadn't let it ruin my weightloss journey. But the consultant beforehand really was dire, i was given the same speech as everyone else, regardless of a gain or loss. Never any texts, awards or support. I was paying for nothing.

If i were you i'd go along and see, you dont know at the moment who it will be, and it sounds like it is going to be relief cons for a while before they find a replacement. Dont let this spoil your journey! x

I think you should go to Group regardless. I love the people in my Group but I never stay for Image Therapy because there are SIXTY NINE people registered in our Group and I simply don't have time to stay and listen to everyone's WI's. I keep in touch with a few people at Group and get an awful lot of support here too. I still really value the discipline of going to the Group weigh-in every week. Why don't you do this anyway?

Back