1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Bit of a stupid question

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by laurz100, 28 June 2010 Social URL.

1. laurz100

laurz100 Full Member

Slimming World
    Hi everyone,

I know this might be me being a bit think, but when recipes on the SW site give you a syn value is that per serving or for the whole recipe? I'm asuming it's per serving?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lemon and ginger cheesecake[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    113g / 4oz Ginger Nut biscuits
    1 egg white, beaten
    4-5 tablespoons hot water
    1 sachet powdered gelatine
    454g / 1lb Quark soft cheese
    grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
    2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
    artifical sweetener, to taste
    thin slivers of lemon zest, to decorate
    physallis, to decorate (optional)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] [/FONT]
    [​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    1. Put the biscuits in a clean plastic bag and close the end securely. Crush with a rolling pin and then mix with the beaten egg white. Grease and line a 20cm / 8inch spring clip cake tin and line the base with the crushed biscuit mixture, pressing it down evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
    2. Put the very hot (not boiling) water in a bowl and sprinkle on the gelatine. Stir for about 5 minutes until dissolved, and then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
    3. Beat together the Quark, lemon and juice and stem ginger. Sweeten to taste and then stir in the gelatine with a metal spoon.
    4. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the tin over the biscuit base. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours until set. Just before serving, scatter some slivers of lemon zest over the top and decorate with physallis, if wished.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]INFORMATION[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]Unless stated, for Extra Easy count the lower Syn value.
    3½ on Green choice
    3½ on Original choice
    3½ Syns on Extra Easy
    Serves 8

Publication Transform Yourself
    [​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]TIPS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]FAVORITE RECIPES[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beef Stew [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cottage pie [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Houmous dip [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bodyOptimise's Syn free chips [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Egg Fried Rice [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]RECIPE TRANSLATOR[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]MEASUREMENT CONVERTER[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We publish a great range of recipe books! Click here to browse our bookshop [/FONT]

[​IMG]Earn free months [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Be a real friend… invite your friends to join bodyOptimise. When 1 friend joins you’ll get 1 MONTH FREE! When 5 friends join you’ll get 12 MONTHS FREE! [​IMG]Refer a friend now... [​IMG][​IMG]Send us a recipe [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Submit your own recipe today for a chance to win a fabulous recipe book! [​IMG]Click here to find out more [​IMG][​IMG]Our members [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]“I feel like me again! I’m seeing how I always pictured myself.” Discover how Elayne lost a confidence-building 3st 2lbs. [​IMG]Read her story here [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    © Slimming World - all rights reserved​

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Thats sounds lovely may have a go at that myself :D and yes its per serving.
  4. laurz100

laurz100 Full Member

Slimming World
    Thank you. I thought it must as 1 ginger biscuit is about 2.5 i think. xx
  5. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    Yes it is per serving... I make a similar cheese cake but use digestives, and mine is 3.5 syns for a portion, and thats only for the digestive.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.