Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Bit of advice needed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jefferson, 26 August 2007 Social URL.

1. jefferson

jefferson Member

Hi there,

Ive been on the CD for 6 days now but im getting conflicting reports from my councellor and people who have done the diet before.Im a man of 5'11" and im on 4 products a day.One of these is a bar but ive been told i shouldnt eat bars for the first 2 weeks and should be on packets,can anyone verify this for me please.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    no u shouldnt be having bars for the first 2 weeks, because they have higher carb content than the packs i think but im sure someone will be along to say this for sure, i was never told the reason why but im presuming thats why

4. Cute'n'Quirky

Cute'n'Quirky Banned

The bars are not recommended for the first two weeks so that ketosis is well-established before adding them - due to their higher carb content.

Same with Coke Zero too - although that is because it can make you feel hungry, not due to carbs!

Mousse is not allowed until Week 3 too because it adds another 20 calories.

5. jefferson

jefferson Member

Thanks Mandy,
    My sister said the same thing but my counsellor is adamant that i should have bars.I need to have this made clear to me as i may have wasted my first week already!! I think i should be on 2 shakes,1 tetra brick and soup.Anyone else know exactly what i should have.

6. jefferson

jefferson Member

Thanks cute,
    What should i do then being as i should be on 4 products.

7. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    can u not go back to your cdc and ask to change the bars for packs? most will change them for u

8. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You need to contact your CDC and have a chat, being a guy she should have automatically put you on 4 shakes a day.

9. jefferson

jefferson Member

Mandy,
    I suppose i could.Ill be seeing her tomorrow anyway but still annoys me that ive possibly wasted my time for the first week due to bad advice.All i want is for someone to say "eat this this and this then do this " but its not happening.Im actually quite gutted now knowing ive been eating stuff i shouldnt have because of bad advice from my CDC.

10. jefferson

jefferson Member

Just spoken to another CDC and she says it wont affect my weightloss but next week i should ask for 4 packets instead of a bar.Im not too keen on them anyways to be honest!!! Thanks for advice and Maggie,13.5 pounds is still great going,dont get down ok.

Hedgemag likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.