BL - applesauce?

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by daisydoll, 27 July 2009 Social URL.

1. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi BL
    one of your recipes - pumpkin bars i think - uses apple sauce

what/where do you get this?

daisy x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hi Daisy

I'm sure BL will answer you soon, but if I want to make apple sauce I usually just peel some cooking apples, core them, chop them up roughly, put them in a pyrex bowl with sweetener if you want, cover it with cling film, pierce it a couple of times to let the steam escape, then ZAP in the microwave for a few minutes until they go mushy. Beat to a puree with a wooden spoon or use a stick blender.
    Voila - pure apple sauce.
    Altenatively, core the apples, leave the skin on but score around the middle.
    Bake in the oven in a pan with an inch or so of water, or cook in the mictowave until soft, then sieve the lot, separates the skin from the pulp.

I often just keep a bowl of it in the fridge to have with jelly, greek no fat yogurt or both. I often add cinnamon and sometimes I put a few cranberries in too.
    YUM YUM:mad::mad::mad::mad::greenapple::greenapple::greenapple::greenapple::greenapple:

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Yeah, I do mine much the same, but in a pan on the stove with some cinnamon and spice, sweetner - I use the Splenda Brown SUgar if I have it to hand....and just simmer till it turns soft and then give it a coarse grin with my whizzer, and chill it.

Its good for all sorts - nice with roast meat too. :)

Yummmm yum. :)

Daisy! I bought a box of Graham Crackers in America!! :D

Still sealed though! ;)

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    thanks you guys
    SB nice to know you are still about, hope everything is ok with you.

i will try the applesauce later today - i have a fat free cook book which mentions it a lot too

i want to get through RTM so i can eat the full range of things i want to! start week 9 on thursday, so am getting there!!!

what are you planning for your graham crckers BL? - mind you, nothing for the next few weeks i guess! hope the packs are going down well

daisy x

6. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm going to Florida at the end of August - must buy some Graham Crackers to see what the fuss is about ... :) Won't be able to eat them yet though:(

7. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Thanks Daisy

I haven't been around for a few weeks.
    l was on holiday from work for 3 weeks and had some emotional stuff to deal with, but starting to feel a bit better now. :cry:
    But, great news - it didn't make me over eat or drink.
    My weight hardly fluctuated.
    My Dad would have said "un-bally-believable"

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.