Black tea counts in your water intake, right?

IrishMum

A little of everything!
It's so cold here at the minute I'm struggling to get my water into me so I'm having big mugs (around 3/4 pint) of black tea to warm me up. I'm still having 6-7 pints of 'plain' water, but just wanted to check my tea counts as 'water' intake? I want to keep it as high as possible!

Sure does :D get glugging girl!!

Phew! I'm doing okay then! Thanks.

It doesn't!! I called Lipotrim helpline yesterday re green tea, they told me that it doesn't count, so if green doesn't then black wouldn't!! I'm still counting it though :p

That's very interesting Mrs Bee, I thought it did!

But, I actually don't count it, to make sure i definitely *definitely* drink plenty!

Thats weird? Why don't they count it I wonder? Surely it counts as 'water' intake? Hmmm....?

I always drink at least 5 pints a day apart from my tea, but today was particularly cold so I've been downing mugs of black tea all morning to keep my fluids up! I guess I'll have to have more regular water now as well!

That's really strange as my pharmancy lady told me black tea/coffee and any leaf tea counted towards water intake which I totally rely on!

There is a sticky somewhere with a typed reply from LT saying that any 'allowed' drinks...i.e black tea etc (except that which the shakes is made with) counts towards your water in take.

It must do when you think about it....it is water after all!!!

It MUST count toward your fluid intake...how could it not!?!?

I'm one of the few lucky ones I suppose who actually enjoy plain water, hot or cold!!! Keep on doing what you're doing Irish Mum, we are all behind you!

Lady from the pharmacy assured me that tea does count... and I'm counting on that!

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying what I was told by unhelpful LT lady! Infact could someone else call them and ask, esp re green tea? Also, I think if it doesn't then it will be because of the caffiene which obviously dehydrates you, really confused now!! Need Tea to count but woman I spoke to (always get same one) was really sarcastic yesterday!!

We are all getting different advice, my Pharmaricst also told me to limit my caffeine intake to 3-4 cups a day and it doesn't count towards your water intake. I would go by what lipotrim says. Personally I drink more than the 3-4 cups, and some days I only drink 2 litres of water, but I have started in recent weeks making large amounts of peppermint tea and chilling that. I count the peppermint tea. Surely at the end of the day all the water in teas, coffees etc should count.

Back