blackpool illuminations

thelandlady

hi everyone,i just thought i would tell you that the illuminations start 3rd sept and robbie williams is switching them on as well as lots of others alex burke, russell watson and many more.

was going to go but the b&b's put the prices up beyond what we were prepared to pay!
Maybe we should go camp on the beach!
Believe me, the illuminations in Great Yarmouth are not quite the same!

Blackpool is just down the road, but it's been SO many years since I went to see the Illuminations. All I remember is that I loved the McDonald's ones. Wonder why that was ;) xxx

Its been a while since I went up to see the illuminations, have they changed them at all in the last few years or do they still put the same ones up each year?

It must be 30 years since I went!

Oh how I used to love Blackpool Illuminations 50 or more years a go when my father took us ( we were 5 siblings) every year. It was the event of the year. We didn't get out of the car for the whole of the stretch of the illuminations and some years it took several hours to get from one end to the other. Once we had "done" the illuminations dad always stopped at a fish and chip shop and we all had "the works". This yearly ritual went on until well after I was married and the trip included our own children.

It is high on my list of things to do when we come back to live in the U.K.

I so wanted to go to this, but you have to have tickets and I applied but wasn't one of the lucky ones :( I love Blackpool and everything in it! I always have a great time whenever I go but unfortunately don't get to go often enough.

My parents had their honeymoon in St. Annes :)

i will be there yay i was very lucky to win tickets. mmmmm robbie wiliams i wonder how many syns he is lol

Back