Blender in the car?

MissDesperate

Technical question: is there any way to plug in blender in the car? I'm planning a weekend break and trying to figure out how to make shakes when you're on the go?

Have you tried the shake shakers? Its like a plastic sports bottle with a thingy in it to mix the powder into the water!!

Even if you are away - I'd at least stop en route to blend!! - My 'signature' brand blender only plugs into a mains socket - not sure if you could get an adaptor to fit the cigarette lighter? Sounds a bit dodgy though. I'd stick to trying to get hold of just a hand held shaker

The shaker is amazing!
Blends my shakes better than my hand blender. I am going to buy a real blender though.
But for on the go, the shaker is fantastic! No more chunks!
I'm taking that with me on the road to Belfast this weekend

Just thinking.... You can get those old fashioned hand whisk that you turn the handle and it whisks really fast. I'd say it would be perfect for the shakes.

How posh you all are ;):) .... Plain old shaker was all I ever used :) xx

I use a blender as my kids have lost the inside bit of my shaker, I must say I prefer my shaker so will have to go buy a new one, I used my shaker when my hubby and I went away for the weekend!!

Depends on the shaker probably - I had a cambridge one and then I got an even better one from Lakeland but in any case I didn't find any lumps a problem ...gave me something to chew .. LOL! xx

I just use a protein shaker bottle I got in a sports shop, I'm always accompanied by it whether there's just water or our yummy shakes!!!

I use a shaker all the time, even at home .. it works great (no lumps at all) and easy to wash :) .. plus gives a little work out to the bingo wings lol

lol --the workout for the bingo wings!!! Sad but true! The plain old shaker will do fine for the car trips. Leave the blender at home.

I use the shaker but any tiny lumps would make me throw up.
there generally isnt any lumps but just in case I use a sieve.

I bring a tea strainer into work with me and the shaker.
works a treat. A glass, the mix, and tea strainer all fit into the shaker.

happy days

So, Just after 2nd day of holidays. Used a blender in the morning, then went on the boat to aran island, and the see was veery rough! Wasn't risking any food until I came back - late afternoon, used plastic lucozade shaker in the car - with lumps, but i guess better then nothing, and then in the evening hot chicken soup with lumps!

Back