Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I know its not the same thing hun, but when I had my C-section, I sat on a dining chair with my head over the wash basin - didn't take too much bending, just my neck

well when i worked in the hosp... on a spinal injuries unit.... we'd move the patient to the top of the bed..... put a bowl under it.... and one person would hold the patients head .... while the other washed.... so to do that you'd need two good friends!!!!!

( i think could be done on a settee too.... if ya shuffled up the arm rest thing.... if its not too high!!!) hope your soon more mobile.... must be really awful!

Nas x

Bless ya all... ta for the ideas... we didn't get chance last night in the end... so... tonight we are going to try for the leaning on a chair, head over bath, Zoe standing in bath using showerhead on me... lol... I have such a long, thick mane we reckon 'tis the best and least painful option.. I'll let you know how it goes!

Had a very long day yesterday - hospital trip.. I really should do a proper diary of the op I suppose... - they took the steristrip off my incisions though and it's really healing up a treat... will be months before the swelling goes apparantly, but when it does I'll be very glad indeed.

District nurse is coming this morning - as is my mother! So... we had to hide all things motorcycling and poor Zoe had to vacuum this morning and quick tidy up... she even managed to get me in her car and to the market to buy cake! Not for me....

LOL, its abit like that when my mum visits, but she's used to me being an untidy madam now ! actually my sis says i have two homes, the one i live in & the one people visit me in :eek:
hope the hairwashing goes ok & see you tommorrow
xx

I've noticed a few people saying "see you tomorrow", but i don't recall you saying you're coming to brum?!?!?!? Please confirm missus!?!?!?!?!?

If you are, please please please only come if you are truly well enough - it's not worth hindering your recovery process, there'll be another meet in a couple of months!!!

Hope you're ok today xxxx

Am gutted... mum just rang to say her sitter for my stepdad has failed to show so she can't come. Bless her, she is really upset and I managed not to cry until I got off the phone...

It'll be at least 3 weeks 'til she will have the chance again. It's not good... still.. silver lining... photo of me and James Toseland can go back up on the wall!

Karen - no I'm not coming to Brum... I want to.. and I have someone willing to bring me... and I seriously thought about it as it would be a change of scenery etc... but I can't cope with the journey and am dead on my feet by 9pm. So, very very very reluctantly, I'm not... but... some of the girlies are coming to see me at home on Saturday morning. I am an hour or so car journey from Brum... that's why all the 'see you tomorrow' comments :D

I can't wait to see them (but I SO wish I could be there and see everyone!) Brum is a special place for me to come to a meet - loads of brilliant memories = especially of my first ever meet there too... still... let me know when the next one is and I'll be there! (surgery, bikes and life in general permitting!)...

Last edited:
Aha! now it all makes sense!! What a lovely thing for them to do!!

Sorry to hear about your mum not coming but i think that'll mean you having less stress without her!! bless... lol.

Aha! now it all makes sense!! What a lovely thing for them to do!!

Sorry to hear about your mum not coming but i think that'll mean you having less stress without her!! bless... lol.

Yes it is lovely - I am so so happy about it I can't tell you!

I'm sorry too:cry:, I know in a way you are probably right but even so...

Jennie,
Just stopping by to send you some of these (((((hugs)))))

Been thinking about how you're doing, hope you enjoy seeing some of your lovely friends tomorrow and hope you're get to see your mum soon.

With love
K xxx

Well, good morning all!

I had a fabulous 6 hours sleep last night and am feeling Soooooooooooo much better for it. The tum is going down a little (always looks best first thing in the morning) and I've managed to do my dressings today (nurse offered to come in but we agreed that she can come back after weekend as there is only one district nurse on duty for the entire area all weekend and there are (I feel) far more needy patients... so she agreed that if I can do them today and tomorrow then she will do them next week.

Managed to wash my hair too! Hurrah!!

In the end I did it alone - Zoe went out last night and this morning when I woke at 5 I decided that's it... I CAN do this! So I managed to get the showerhead and stood bent over the bath... bit of a challenge to not douse myself and the entire bathroom with water but fear of getting my woulds wet is a good incentive and now I have lavendar smelling hair and it feels lovely... funny how washing your hair can lift your spirits...

Also, I am so so so hyped about seeing Eclipse, Pandora, Mindless, Westiegirl and Kitteh today! Bless their hearts, they are piling into a car and travelling down to visit me and I am SO SO SO SO SO excited about it!! Don't tell anyone, but of ALL my visitors these are the ones I am looking forward to seeing the absolute mostest!!!

I have cake at the ready (should they choose to indulge) but also CD packs if they want instead....

As for me... just about to have me shredded wheat for brekkie.... managing to maintain at post-op weight at the moment but having to keep calories low to do so and it is a real struggle at times because boredom is a massive food trigger for me! So... solution .... don't get bored!

I've still managed to avoid daytime TV by doing reading... listening to music... bike club regalia orders... cd paperwork... emails... and the arcade on here is a wonderful distractor from food!

Will get piccie of all of us together this morning and whack it on here if I can remember how!

OOOOOhhh... I can't wait... they'll be here in 3 hours!! Yippppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your visitors. Glad to hear the wound is healing nicely and you managed to get your hair washed. Take care and you'll be back to normal soonx

Sounds like they were just the thing you needed!!!

Look forward to the piccies

Love Nas x

Pics of my minimins friends visit yesterday...

Pandora, Eclipse, Mindless, Kitteh, Westiegirl

Pandora, Eclipse, Me, Kitteh, Westiegirl

Attachments

• DSCF0688 (2).JPG
    DSCF0688 (2).JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF0690 (2).JPG
    DSCF0690 (2).JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 270
Back