Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Losing 2 lbs means that your plan is effective. Keep going! Yeah!

Congratulations on this weeks fantastic loss... the pig did you no harm, only good :)

I'm loving the sound of you riding out and finding a field of poppies and will keep my fingers crossed that you find time to do it. It'll feed your soul.

Here's to another great CD week for you. :) xx

Oh my, WHAT a mad weekend it's been... I woke up early sperly yesterday so pulled on 2 old pairs of trousers and an old pair of boots and went in search of poppies - I found 2 fields but sadly, they were (like me) past their prime... still... I got a few nice pics and have been told where there is a better one (but can't afford the petrol so will have to wait til next year!),.. so.. that was first thing yest.,.. I got soaked! It was raining and of course, I climbed over a gate and got right into the middle of a soggy field... which I appear to have brought home half of if my car mats and kitchen floor are anything to go by! lol

I was home by about 9am having been out and taken pics until camera battery died (about 3 hours I think it was,,) and was sodden! So, shower and clothes straight into washing machine! HWSNBN asked where I had been (I had left him sleeping in bed)... so I told him... and he asked if I'd like to go clothes shopping with him... (clothes for him - he seems to be getting a lot of new clothes at the moment - especially pants... hmmmm...)... I declined as I knew I needed to warm up and also because I knew I would enjoy the peace...

I had a lush big deep radox bubble bath and started to read a book I'd bought for 50p the day before - chosen purely because I liked the cover - lol - and it's fab! I love it!! Finally out and all prune-like laid on the bed reading and nodded off! Ah well, must've needed it...

Woke, got dressed and decided to set about sorting out the side of the house, by the shed, where my new fence was being put up.. long story, but.... trouble with neighbours, but nice (and a bit manipulative) neighbour offered to replace my naff old fence with a nice new feathery one and I accepted - catch? I "gave up" some of my boundary so that when he blockpaves his driveway it is 4inches wider all the way along... that's about a 40ft strip... but I agreed and I know it will look good... we marked the line of the new fence out together and I kept an eye on him.. all afternoon... lol

Kept double checking... and I have to say, it looks the dogs doodahs!!

So then, with old fence posts all dug up and panels needing destroying etc I set to it! Car emptied out, seats down and in I put them! Fenceposts are NOT light! I filled the car to the roof with old posts and panels and the old knackered "For Sale" boards and a big box of garden rubbish and set off to the tip... HWSNBN did help smash the panels, but that was it... he then sat indoors watching the bike racing ...

Anyhoo... car duly emptied it was back home and now I was in the mood to do more! So... more stuff in the boxes and HWSNBN decided that HE Will do the dump run on Monday morning whilst I'm at work! *thud* (my jaw hitting floor)... as there are more bits of old fencing to take and I was mullered by then...

Evening arrived and for the life of me, I can't remember how it passed - oh yeah - I watched Casualty with him and then went up and showered (again) and went to bed... having loaded the dishwasher and washing machine... oh and also having burnt a lot of the smashed up panels in my wonderful tin incinerator! (Almost set fire to Poppet though! Thank goodness for hosepipes and the ability to think on me feet! lol (note to self - do NOT light a fire within wind distance of motorbike!)... flames were leaping about all over the place as it was so gusty! Still... got rid of it all, and, hopefully filled nasty neighbours bedrooms with smoke (they had windows open) ... muwahhahahahahahah!

Went to bed and watched "Brassed Off" - just LOVE that film so much! Makes me sad and happy all at once and reminds me of when I used to play in a brass band... often wonder if I should re-start - but don't think HWSNBN or my lodger would appreciate all my practising! lol

Fell into a fitful sleep with dreams of fence panels, fallouts, food and bikes! Not a peaceful night - and I ached! (I think that lifting 7 foot fence posts out of the car on my own and having to lift them almost overhead to chuck them into the containers at the recycling centre may have been a bit too much for my poor aching old bones! lol ).. still... I did it and I did it ON MY OWN!!!

Right , that was yesterday...

Phew, Jennie, just reading what you did yesterday has left me breathless. Oh to be your age again.:eek:

When you mentioned pants did you mean the "under" variety? If so I shall tell you a funny story. A friend of mines husband was the local window cleaner ( mainly shops and offices in our local town) He was usually up way before each morning but this particular morning she got up early and when she went into the kitchen she and nearly fell over his work boots. Tucked inside one of them was a sexy red satin pair of mens pants. Needless to say after that discovery she did not stay with him for much longer. ;)

Perhaps that would sort out your problems out if he was buying them for the benefit of someone else. (Sorry, I hope I have not offended you).

Pam xxx

lol, I can't believe this! I wrote about my day today and lost the lot! Grrrr.... so... precis - ... very busy, up early, showered, sore foot, no biking for me - HWSNBN went out on his, I enjoyed the peace and caught up on a 3hour Catherine Cookson on telly... read my book, did a heap of gardening, got very grubby and scratched and stabbed, broke my secateurs and ended up using brute force and a pair of old kitchen scissors... lol... stripped, showered, did washing, read book, napped - woke... did more gardening,... knackered meself out fixing fences, clearing stuff, balancing by the pond, stacking it all up and clearing up after... another shower... change of clothes.. HWSNBN came home after my nap and sat and watched TV ever since (about 10hrs ago now)... he offered to take all garden rubbish to tip tomorrow... hope he does... told him they are open from 8am... (by which time I shall be at work!)... here's hoping!

Another shower, final pack made into a choc mint muffin and on here to update and really, now, it's time to turn in again! Dishwasher done, washing done and on line... work stuff ready for morning and piccies I took finally uploaded... took cracking pic of my dog which I will put on here... lol... timing was incredible! lol you'll see what I mean! Will put his pic, pic of my gardening labours and some poppies... then it's bed time... will post shortbread recipe tomorrow! PROMISE!! xxxx

Attachments

• DSCN6093.jpg
    DSCN6093.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN6058.jpg
    DSCN6058.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN6311.jpg
    DSCN6311.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN6295.jpg
    DSCN6295.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 92
Phew, Jennie, just reading what you did yesterday has left me breathless. Oh to be your age again.:eek:

When you mentioned pants did you mean the "under" variety? If so I shall tell you a funny story. A friend of mines husband was the local window cleaner ( mainly shops and offices in our local town) He was usually up way before each morning but this particular morning she got up early and when she went into the kitchen she and nearly fell over his work boots. Tucked inside one of them was a sexy red satin pair of mens pants. Needless to say after that discovery she did not stay with him for much longer. ;)

Perhaps that would sort out your problems out if he was buying them for the benefit of someone else. (Sorry, I hope I have not offended you).

Pam xxx

Lol Pam - I'll be 48 in November...

Love the pants story - yes, I did mean the undergarment variety...

Not in the least bit offended! Don't think I hadn't already thought of that my friend!! :);)

Last edited:
Absolutely LOVE the first poppies pic.... I would love it on canvas!!! Beautiful :D xxx

Good morning all! Well, another restless night and this time I think I've done meself a mischief!! In the battle to a) not make physical contact with HWSNBN b)keep cool c) not fall off the edge of the bed .. I seem to have done something very painful to my left leg! I think I may have twisted it at the top - sooo - that would be my hip ... it hurts like mad and walking is not easy... still... glad I'm almost 3stone lighter as it must be better for it!!

Right - another day has dawned - a mental night of mad dreams about motorbike rallies, shared rooms., making an idiot of myself and generally being a muppet.. lol... and it's almost time to get off to work..

Really not in work mood this morning but will be when I get there... lots to do and intent of having a very productive morning! I think on the way home I shall get some ingredients and perhaps do some baking this evening... I do love to bake and have a rally coming up which I know will be full of hungry bikers who will appreciate my buns! Fnarrr, fnarrr!

Right - 4 days 'til next weigh in (including today) so... teeth gritted and on we go!!

Lol Pam - I'll be 48 in November...

Love the pants story - yes, I did mean the undergarment variety...

Not in the least bit offended! Don't think I hadn't already thought of that my friend!! :);)

Lol, Jennie, I know because you were born two days before my daughter. Of course you know I was a child bride:rolleyes: but I would still like to be 20 years younger and know what I know now. ;)

Pam xxx

PS the joke was that wheneverI saw the guy around town I had to stop myself from giggling.

ouch that must have hurt, I hope your ok.

How do you manage to do all that baking and not be tempted to eat any? I would have the lot gone:D

Good luck this week:)

Well, I made it to work , but must confess to not being particularly productive. I'm so tired my eyes are stinging ! Leg/ hip feels weird so it at least marches how it looks ! Got home and was stunned ( and delighted) to see that HWSNBN was out taking the fruits of my labours to the tip! Hurrah!!

I made it into the house , had just made my spicy tomato soup pack for lunch, and he returned. He's been food shopping- the fridge is mow crammed with everything I love to eat! Chicken, salamis, cheeses, strawberries , oh, and I spotted 2 tubs of my favourite strawberry and pistachio ice-cream being slipped into the freezer ... Not to mention the salady bits too. Oh well, next summer I'll be eating(in moderation) so am trying to ignore the instant feast that greets me when I go to get a cold drink....

I've been lazing on my sunlounger for 2 hours and it's been bliss, only downside is that I was reading and nodded off which meant I let go of my iPod .... It's not too badly smashed... But it's not as pretty anymore ... Bugger! It's just started to rain!

Hi

Could you please send me some of your rain i so need a down pour to get rid of this sticky heat lol hoping next year when im thinner i may learn to like the summer more :)

Good luck with this weeks weight loss i dont think i would be able to ignore the ice cream though it sounds yummy :) x

you'll be very welcome to some of this flippin' rain! I want to dry my washing!!

Tuesday has arrived, and the ground is wet but dieting spirits not dampened! I did a Tesco online order so more stocks of Dr Pepper Zero and baking ingredients are set to land tomorrow afternoon.

Enjoying a blissfully peaceful afternoon (and evening) as HWSNBN has now gone out on his bike again, this time to a ride daann sarf... so should be out until sleep o'clock... I feel a bit rotten as no kiss g'bye, just a "have fun" and half-hearted wave was all I could muster.

I wish I felt differently - I remember how it was when I would hold him close and whisper lovingly for So - how shall I spend my afternoon and evening of "freedom"?

I think I shall do the essential chores (remaking the bed, trying to dry the bedding that's washed because I wanted to hang it out in the sunshine?? lol ) , and possibly clean the bathroom.... then again... possibly not!

I think I shall have a long soak in a deep bubble bath reading my bargain book... then I shall see if I can muster the energy to sort out my clothes... I kind of threw them at the side of the bed instead of sorting them for the coming weekend... might just get my bag packed for the rally!

Then again, I might just curl up on the sofa with the dog and enjoy an uninterrupted Catherine Cookson film....

Ahh, choices, choices!

Or you could post the lemon shortbread recipe;)

Or you could post the lemon shortbread recipe;)

oooh... you mean.... like this....

Lemon Biscuits

8oz plain flour
Pinch salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
4oz butter
6oz castor sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon lemon extract
Grated zest of 1 lemon

Sift flour, salt, baking powder together.

Cream the butter and sugar – add egg and flavouring and beat well.

Add sifted ingredients a little at a time and mix well.

Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 40mins before rolling out.

Cut to shapes of choice.

Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6.

Roll out ⅓ of the dough at a time and cut out to shape.
Place on greased baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.

If you want to do other flavours just substitute the lemon essence with alternative of choice and add appropriate grated zest. For plain basic biscuits add vanilla extract.

Loads of calories, very fattening but utterly yummiliscious! :D:D:D:D:D:D

just nibbled the edges off a couple of muffins... feel soooo guilty!! Didn't even really want them - just had the most horrendous craving for sweet stuff today - think I could kill for chocolate!!

*sigh*

stopped though and gave the offending muffins to the dog... but am cross with myself... and disappointed too... was going to make an extra pack (I contacted Cambridge Diet Consultant and asked if that would be ok)... she said yes... but you know what... I don't think I will now... think I'll just get upstairs (put maximum distance twixt me and kitchen) and sort out my clothes and put goggle box on!! Then only come down to let the mutt out... and will go to bed with my brill book...

really p**sed off with myself... blah!

Back