Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Looking fab there, hun!! Really fab!!!!

You probably can't really see it yet cos your brain takes so long to catch up with every stone lost but, trust us - you look amazing!

Very well done!

xxxxx

:giggle: Goodness me! What a lovely lovely lot of responses!!:thankyou: , all of you. :eek: You're very very kind.

I'll try and respond to some of the comments.. taller? Nah.. lol.. Ailsa just stands closer now.. lol.. but I can see why you think that - the way to see it though is the radiator is still the same height in relation to me bum.. lol ;)

Younger? I do feel younger (sometimes).. ;)

I definitely still have 88lbs to lose, (Weighed in on Monday at 16 stone 4.8lbs) if these were nekkid pics you would see exactly where from!! BUT.. praise the LORD! No way will I ever have any of those taken! lol I have horrific thighs and belly and upper arm flaps that a jumbo jet could make use of.. and as for me belly and me bum! Well... thank goodness for Sloggi knickers (not sexy but warm, sucky-in and comfy!). :giggle: I love clothes - they disguise everything so well!:p

Blouse - it was it's first airing! lol It's a size 28 but, I thought, fitted ok.. :confused: lol.. :rolleyes: I came straight from job interview to weigh in.. if I wear ones that fit better on the boobilage they gape at the belly.. so.. this is the largest piece of clothing in my wardrobe now, and, as the concensus is that it is too big, perhaps I shall retire it and condemn it to the pile in the spare room!. Next item down is another cheap blouse in a size 24 the rest are all 22s and now some 20s. (wearing size 20 jeans that Pandora gave me - loving them soooooo much - I have a bum again!! lol) but in black trousers, size 22 so... in my head and on my body am still a 22 until they are all too big!

Age? lol Pam, I am 43, will be 44 in November. My girls will be 20 & 19 this year!! If you saw me after a long night out you would see the lines! lol But, bless you for saying what you did.. it made me chuckle and smile :giggle:

Julie - Richard Hammond's brother eh...tenuous celebrity link there.. lol ;) hee hee. You're doing great! Another 4lbs! Sorry you've been ill, hope you are all better now :)

Mich - you always look faberooni my friend, always. xxxxx :D (wish I'd been on the phone to hear your speechlessness... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: );)

CC - I think I know what you mean about knowing what I will look like at goal, but I sure as hell can't even imagine it! lololol ((((hugs)))) looking forward to strutting our stuff at Brum! I haven't had an opportunity to put that top on again, but the underneath bit that required all that pinning - that's never going to be worn by me again.. lol.. I think I would be arrested for indecency if I wore it ;) I might look for a replacement for it today as the over top would still be ok (I think). (Mich - still remember the day we went shopping and got that? :) )

Isobel - you hit the nail on the head.. I can't and don't see it yet.. ah well.. maybe in a few months time when I get closer to goal... :)

Mich - big grin about Dan the man's comments - now remind me... his single brother...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Madam Dotty - :D thank you.. I know you don't doubt my word.. lol... it's a family thing for me and my girls.. we all seem to carry our weight in a very deceptive way! I remember when I went for my first weigh in I told Ailsa that I weighed over 23 stone and she said no way - but the scales didn't (and don't) lie.. lol.. and here I am.. still 6 stone to lose.. honest injun ;) :eek: :eek: As for mingling.. lol.. hee hee.. I still can't believe how strong the urge was to holler 'Rickayyyy' at him! :giggle:

So... thank you all, very very very much, it was lovely to read all this when I logged on :D

Busy day today - I was up doing that flaming programme until 2am!! So am just a tad tired! Took Zoe to college in my car (too tired to drive hers - it requires more thought as controls are all different to mine) lol.. end up wiping my windscreen instead of indicating!

At work but so tired. Lots to do though, and, am off to pay mortgage as soon as I leave here today, and look for some 'work' clothes.. think maybe one more blouse and another pair of black trousers will be enough (could prob get them in Asda but have to go to Wellingborough as building society is there!).. would really like to get a top (with sleeves)to wear this saturday to the gig, and next sat to the Martyn Joseph gig too and then Brum! (having seen some pics of me in my pink swirly top (which I thought looked fantastic!) I've decided it looks horrendous and am NEVER going to wear it again!!) I'll get a second opinion off Zoe first though - she's honest to the point of painful! (dunno where she gets it from... :whistle:)

After shopping I'm back to Northampton to pick Zoe up and then home for a kip I think.. but more likely to hang up the washing I put on last night and load it up again, then do more festival stuff.. and I have to sort out spare rooms downstairs (still got Christmas stuff needing to go in loft!). I have to drive to Catworth for a festival meeting this evening and somewhere in all this I will be taking Zoe to an interview at a pub/restaurant! No peace for the wicked eh ? lol lol lol

Oh, AND , I must look for a swimming costume!! (going swimming tomorrow afternoon and dreading it!) MUST pluck up the courage to do it... once I do it once.. it will be easier the second time.. etc etc.. and... once I get into a routine with work, and Zoe finishes college, I aim to go swimming at least 1 morning a week before work. I think it will help tone up all this saggy flesh and my thighs in particular are so so so grotesque.. :( still - small price to pay for the long-term benefits!

Right.. best get off here and on with this mountain of work!
and once again... :thankyou: :grouphugg: :thankyou:

:giggle: Goodness me! What a lovely lovely lot of responses!!:thankyou: , all of you. :eek: You're very very kind.

You are very welcome - you have worked hard for it and deserve all our lovely comments.....:D

Mich - you always look faberooni my friend, always. xxxxx :D (wish I'd been on the phone to hear your speechlessness... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: );)

Feck off.....LOL - If I'd have been on the phone I wouldn't see the pictures therefore I would not have been speechless.... ner ner ner.....;)

(Mich - still remember the day we went shopping and got that? :) )
Yes I do - perhaps I can have it as I am still no smaller than that day (in fact I am possibly bigger....:eek: )

Mich - big grin about Dan the man's comments - now remind me... his single brother...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Soz mate I got the 'best brother' - and I would not inflict Dan's brother on you..... he could bore for England......:eek: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

On my 3rd pint and back on track again today.... will ya believe me if I say your pic's have inspired me to stick with it......:confused: Well they have.....:D

Off to do the housework....... :(

Catch ya later.

Lots of love

Wow u look amazing Jen xx

Fantastic pics, you look amazing, you really do :) Different person.

I know what you mean about the swimming thing, I really hate my body with my clothes off - I bought myself one of those sucky in costumes from M&S but that's not much help for my wobbly saggy thighs!

It was excrutiating walking to the pool from the changing room but once I was in I was fine.

wow ffnf you look GREAT!!
congrats on the weight loss AND the job, havent been posting much this last week but i have been reading and wanted to congratulate u on your acheivements !!!!
lotsa hugz
nat xxxx

Ok, never done this before - but - Ailsa emailed me the pics she took on Monday and I've (hopefully) attached 2 pics below - 1 is my start night piccie and the other is the one she took yesterday.

If I could work out how I would put them next to one another.. but this will have to do for now.. if this works I can see me sticking piccies on of all sorts of things! lol ;)

OMFG,,,YOU LOOK FANTASTIC, JEEZ LOUISE IS THAT YOU, YOUR HALF THE WOMAN I MET IN NEWCASTLE...............

Jennie, even the clothes your wearing in Alisa are TOOOOOOOOO BIG for ya already,,,,jeez get yourself down the shops,,,time to get some fitted blouses/tops.....can't wait to see you in B/ham,,,,15days last time I looked, well for me cuz i'm arriving on the Friday night..

Swear to god, you look brilliant, excuse me being behind the others but I couldn't get to see your photos yesterday I had to be patient and wait till tonight,,LMAO..worth the wait..:D :D

Blummin eck Jennie, I have pretty much spent the whole evening catching up on your thread. I was only away for a long weekend and it all moves so fast on this thread that I'm exhausted *lol*. Wanted to read it before I go to Liverpool for the weekend because if I leave it any longer I'll never catch up!!!!

So much has happened in a week, so congratulations all round. 7 stones gone - fabulous! New job - who-hoo! And what fantastic pictures to boot! You are totally gorgeous and so dedicated that I really do admire you greatly. Can't wait to see you in Brum and I hope we get a proper chance to chat this time (I'll try and sit down for a bit!).

Some of what you have written in the last week has made me think - the bits about not feeling confident in the local pub at the weekend. Umm, bit of a lightbulb moment that I might have to put down in my thread, although it might have to be tomorrow because I'm well past the 11pm curfew *lol*.

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are half the woman you were and also your own daughter PMSL!!! Truly stunning babes.... I can't believe how much you have transformed in just 5 months!!! This diet is miraculous innit? Love ya!

just popped on to say "hi" & how r u ?
not heard from u for a few days, r u busy getting things sorted fo the new job?
hope you have a lovely time with your mum at her birthday lunch.
xx:)

Last edited:
:wavey: Hi all, sorry not been on. It's been crazy here trying to get everything done in time for Monday. I've loads to say (no surprise there!) but will have to do it over the weekend.

:thankyou:Thank you SO much for all the lovely comments, you really are a fantastic bunch of smashing women :) I appreciate all of your posts, I can't reply to them all individually right now, but every single one is lovely and very encouraging, so, thank you :D :thankyou:

I'm having a quiet evening at home this evening with Zoe (well, it will be when I finally sit down with her - got home around 6 and been cooking for tomorrow nights gig and talking on phone to Lucy and doing festival stuff for last 2 hours, with an average of 4hours sleep these last few nights I think it's time for bed by 10 tonight.:nightf:

Very briefly though - met mum and sis for lunch and it was lovely. Also - have bumped into 3 people this week who I haven't seen in ages and not one of them recognised me! It was freaky! PLUS.. I DID go swimming yesterday:eek: after gym session and I managed 12 lengths in about 45 minutes but was knackered after! Still. I did it and I wore my £5 cozzy from Tescos! (Also bought a pair of black trousers from Tesco for a fiver and a red top for another fiver.. then I went to New Look!!! Bought a top for Brum.. but I think it's too tight.. Zoe says its just snug.. lol.. also got a little strappy top to go under my sparkly green one we (Mich and I) bought in Coventry. Only 3 quid from New Look and.. a size 18!!! (as is the top.. which is why it's :airquote: snug:airquote:)

Anyway - going now as Zoe not happy with her fella and needs some company:patback: . It'll be fine. Usual friday night spat.. lol.. ah.. kids! Will catch up over the weekend (hopefully).

Thanks again, you're a great bunch of people. Diet going great by the way.. lol.. despite watching mum and sis devour half a cow and deer!!! (I had me spicy tom soup... yumm!) Got to have another pack yet this eve so might have one of those or perhaps a choc mint muffin..

Gotta love this diet.. got flirted with by some random bloke at the garage this afternoon - lol... weird and a bit embarassing.. but I held his gaze and just grinned right back.. and then looked away coz I knew I was blushing!! Remind me to tell you what I did with my screenwash!!!

Night night all xxxxxxxxx and thanks again. :)

Hi
It's midnight and I got home a few minutes ago from the fundraising gig at church. It was fantastic!

So much to waffle on about - but you know what.. I'm too flaming tired.. and tomorrow (Sunday) I am taking R to the airport in Luton then trundling down to see my best friend (its her birthday) and then back to meet up with my sister and THEN on the way back nip into Dunstable to see my mate Alison (haven't seen her in over a year). THEN home and pub quiz! (although tempted to give it a miss this week).

Still have to sort out what to wear for work next week - got 3 blouses in my wardrobe and a couple of tops.. so that will do for the top half... have bought some black jeans today , but to be honest they are too short in the leg..but I took the tags off and wore them this evening.. might take them back and ask to exchange them..

Wore my pink swirly top tonight but felt bad in it so not going to wear it again I don't think.

No idea what to wear tomorrow to see everyone in! Prob t-shirt and cardi. (and jeans). Dunno.. will decide in the morning! Bought my friend a lovely wax burner complete with 2 wax 'tarts' from Yankee Candles. I know she'll love it. Can't wait to see her again!

Need to buy a cream cake for my other mate (its a tradition).. she's had an op and whenever we had ops (or hosp stays) we would take a cream cake with us.. lol so ... need to stop somewhere and get one in the morning!

Been funny few days. Loads to get done.. done some of it. Festival stuff well on course now. Sorted out the drawers in my bedroom this morning so that's another thing to cross off my list! I think I have enough old clothes in the spare room to clothe the whole population of a small principality!!! Today I managed to add to the pile a sheer stack of tights and knickers!! Yesterday I managed to put some sort of solution( used in valeting to remove tar marks) in my washer bottle and promptly spent the next hour and a half trying to flush it all out!! I failed miserably! lol I must've poured through at least 6 large watering-can fulls of water and spent half an hour trying to flush it out.. then I had to put the car through a car wash!! (To get of the green thick gloopy stuff that came out of my screen wash holes.. lol

Anyway..that was yesterday. I'm sure there was lots more but I am so so soooooooooo tired.

So, I'll once again, thank you all, very very very much, for being so kind and loving. Will try and catch up tomorrow before I head off on my marathon day at 9am!

Night night.. hope all are well and safe and happy xxxxx

hi hun, hope you have a good, if somewhat busy, day.
good luck for the new job tommorrow.
see you in 2 weeks time :D
xx:)

Hi Jen, just popping by to say a massive thank u to u for being there for me and no matter what being som supportive towards me.
Jen u look so amazing in your pics u look like a different person altogether and u deserve to be happy and contented with ur life as u have put so much hard work and effort into changing your life.
Thanks for being my friend, hope u r having a lovely day, take care xxx

Back