Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

hi hun,
i looked at flights to Dublin this morning & can do Bournemouth to Dublin for £6 return, but i'm sorry i refuse to pay £118 for a night (or part of) accomodation. Would arrive at D airport mid-day sat & fly out 08.50 Sun am, so would need to be at airport @ about 06.30 :eek:
good luck to Zoe, although with you guiding her she'll sail thru it
xx:)

Hiya jennie I'm just on page 65 of your diary and I'm hooked its like a good book you can't put down. Have you ever thought of writing one, you have such a great way with words. Just one little question will ya slow down please as I'll never catch up :p which isn't so bad it like having a never ending book.:read: Thanks for the open and honest insight to your amazing journey it really is inspiring me and keeping me on the straight and narrow:hug99:

debbie :thankyou: xx
Hiya Irish, welcome to my (somewhat warped) world! :D Glad you are enjoying my manic life.. lol... will try to not write soooo much so you can catch up , but life has a habit of chucking stuff at me that simply demands typing! ;) :giggle: Really touched that my journey in some way can help you get through yours.. we're all in this together :D

Know that feeling Debbie, i read through jennie's diary ,found i didn't want to miss any thing out ,but everynight i'd come to read a few more pages onlty to find it had grown. You'll just have to read faster.:giggle:
hee hee Jane - I really need to catch up on what's been going on with you for the last couple of weeks!! Just not enough hours at the moment!! :doh:

Absolutely bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done you are superwoman :wow: :superwoman: :bliss: See you'll be booking that skydive in no time ;)
hee hee, I REALLY hope so!!

well done you. :)
Thanks CC, hope your week is fab, you looked hot to trot at the weekend!! :)
wah who way to go girl !!!!!!!!!
you are doing & looking so fab at the moment, can't wait to see the stunner that arrives at my do in July :D
i am so chuffed for you cos i know that just recently you've had real cravings to eat but being the strong person you are you have mainly stayed on the straight & narrow - kudos to you hun, this must be just the kick you need to keep you going. xx:)
aww cheryl, you're a doll. Thank you. It has really boosted my determination - the weekend and the weight loss :)
Congratulations Jennie and good luck to Zoe Irene xx
Thank you Irene , hope you have better news of family things this week ((((hugs)))) xxxx

Way to go girl!

You are truly inspirational! BTW you looked fantastic on Saturday. And on Sunday too. How did you manage to look as fresh as a daisy when I looked like sh!t! At least with Zoe SSing you'll be able to avoid any temptation of the food kind! I think that was the secret to my success first time around. I lived with a flatmate and I got rid of all my food. I couldn't eat any of hers because it wasn't mine and would be tantamount to stealing in my eyes. People think I was a good student but truth be told I just removed the temptation. I also only had the right number of packs to last until my nexty meeting so I couldn't binge on extra packs because I would have to go without for a day or so! That's possibly why I have struggled the last 6 months - my mum and dad live in the same house and their food is available to me (if it's your family's food it's not stealing!). Hope that the extra motivation of LL can help me resist the temptations.

Sorry, just realised I was rambling on your thread! Thought I was on my own for a moment then. Anyway what I was trying to say was that I think it's great the way you've stuck to it even with food around you!
Hey hon, ramble away anytime you like :giggle: You looked so damn good at the weekend and WHERE does your energy come from!!?????

Nearly 8 stone??? Woweeeeee!!! You are one superstar girlfriend!!! But no more fish F*cking pie do ya hear me?!?!? hehe
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I promise, no more fish F*cking pie... lolololol

Wow Jennie - that's absolutely fantastic - all that dancing must have helped - YOU ROCK LADY!!!! :D So thrilled for you, you deserve it you've stuck to it through thick & thin & you are rightly reaping the rewards, you really will soon be booking that skydive.
So glad you've got Sarah home too, must be lovely for you.
Take care hun & well done again. 8 stone - that's about the same weight as my daughter, gosh Jennie you've lost a Georgia :p xxx
:D :D :D I'm sure the dancing helped LOADS! lol Just another half stone and the skydiving will become a reality!! I'm going to do it!! (as long as GP signs to say am fit enough!!!!! As I'm over 40 it's one of the conditions!!!) It's lovely having Sarah home. :D My family is complete again. As for losing a Georgia - that's weird!! Someone else said to me today that it is the equivalent of another adult - and I guess it could be.. my nana can't be much over 8 stone!! It sounds loads but you know what, it doesn't feel it! lol I mean, it feels different.. but I wouldn't be able to say what it feels like.. know what I mean? Argh, I'm waffling!
Bring on the 8 stone Only amatter of days by my reckoning
hee hee hee... wanna say that a tad bigger there Jane ;) :giggle:

That's fantastic news!! Congratulations Jennie!!!! You rock!! :D :cool: love
Thanks Sharon. Was telling someone all about you last night :) You remain an inspiration!
Well done Jennie on the 8 stone mark
Just remembered that you told Bob off for putting his feet on the sofa. He was well chastised by you .
Later he put them back on again and i told him you were walking back into the hotel. PMSL His face was a picture and he soon took his feet back off , quick time.
thanks Mandie... rofl.. yes I did tell him off! Well... people wanted to sit there! lol Must've scared him eh ;) lololol
Crikey! Well done you!!
Thanks Karion - love that hugger thingy!!!
Congratulations Jennie, what a fantastic loss! You are doing so well! Good luck to Zoe on her SS journey. Julia x
thanks Julia, hope your week is going well and that life is picking up for you :)

right - just ever so quick as I'm supposed to be in bed by now!!

Zoe started today and has been ace. She has even joined the site and started her own little diary off... bless her it's in the LL section.. lol.. but even so , she's had lots of responses and has already started chatting with some other young girls (about 18) who are on it too. I read her post and it made me cry. I am so proud of her.

Anyway.. today was mad (as ever) and I am determined to go to bed in a moment. It's add a meal week - HURRAH!!!!! and I did go a bit mad tonight.. but it's ok... only had a bit too much lettuce and mushrooms.. lol.. nothing else out of order!

Didn't have the cod.. had some prawns.. but fat free thousand island dressing is all gone now so onto the nekkid fish tomorrow for me! lol With salad etc again.

I was so stuffed from the meal that I struggled to down my soup tonight!! Have drunk loads today and been to the loo constantly! Definitely drinking heaps is the key to this thing!

Have arranged everything for Dublin now and am dead excited about that! Off to coventry next week on a course for a day, then down to Merthyr for Easter weekend - rang my mate tonight and she's seriously thinking about doing the Cambridge now too!! She is lactose intolerant though so I said I'd try and find out stuff for her.. we can't wait to see one another again :)

My mate Trudy from the pub quiz has emailed me to see if I fancy going out for a girly chin wag tomorrow so, natch , I said yes!! lol So, not a very early night tomorrow then eh... but it will be relaxing!

Thursday I have the date with the Chef.. was thinking we could go for a carvery dinner (I can eat nekkid chicken and veg) and he can have whatever the hell he wants! Dunno though as not sure how we'll get on and don't want to commit to sit through an entire meal! lol So, prob just arrange a drink somewhere very public! Maybe my local wine bar.. nah.. too much on my doorstep... will have to find a pub out of town.. just in case we don't like one another... have to admit. Still not excited at this stage and that's odd.

Right.. MUST go to bed or will never get up in time in the morning.

OH>.. almost forgot! A few weeks ago a lady bumped into me at the beauticians and muttered something about a possible job.. well.. I never heard any more.. and it transpires they did give it to one of their interviewees.. HOWEVER... they are looking for someone to do the same job but in DERBY!!! She lost my number and got it again from the beautician this afternoon!! I had a missed call on my phone this afternoon (I cannot answer it at work).. and I'm pretty sure it was her!

I am torn!! What to do! Have decided to speak to her (if she calls) and be blunt, will do the job in Derby if salary sufficient!! I have talked to Zoe and she is fine if I have to work away all week.. so... will keep you posted!!

Am convinced that one well paid job and a fresh start will be better for me than my current situation.. BUT... will still have to think loads about it first!

Still not heard from London job so am giving up on that one now....

Right.. off to bed.. night night xxxxxxxxx

OMG..... I posted on Zoe's diary but didn't click,,,,did wonder about that mystery rep post ha ha.....jeez louise,,,LMFAO keep it in de family..... :)

Well, what a start to the day - woken up at 5am by Sarah yelling at me to take out me ear plugs coz Zoe had blacked out in the kitchen and hit her head and was on the floor!!

We got her calmed down and dressed and straight to the hospital... foggy as feck and cold and she was pretty shaken up - massive bump on her head, broke the skin slightly too, grazed knee and knuckles. She said that she wanted a drink and when she got to the cupboard everything went fuzzy and then blacked out and next thing she knew she was on the floor!

Just back from hospital now. It was so quiet there but even so, the Dr was sat outside our side room with his head on the desk having a kip and we sat for over an hour waiting for him to see her!!! He literally got woken up and came in!! I was NOT impressed. I wasn't impressed with the nurse who saw her either - she was very offhand and also didn't explain anything she was doing.. ie.. when she came to check her blood sugar she didn't say what she was about to do, nor when she told Zoe to strip off to the waist and then stuck patches on her to do an ECG. I found her manner pretty poor and Zoe said on the way home that she didn't like the way she was and that she didn't know what was happening.

When I told the nurse that Zoe had just started a VLCD (I'm sure that's why she fainted) she tutted and muttered something, she might as well have said 'serves her right then' - and her attitude was even worse! I told her it was a very good diet and balanced. She just looked at me as if I'd lost the plot or was a bad mother!

The important thing is that Zoe is ok, she hasn't got concussion but she has a raging headache now and has gone back to bed. I did give her some chicken this morning when we got her dressed. I rang a nurse friend of mine who said to give her some food and because Zoe is her mothers daughter ;) she refused to eat anything that would harm her diet! lol Dunno where she gets her stubborn streak from! :whistle: So she agreed to have some chicken breast that I had in the fridge. She did feel a bit better after that.

She's adamant that she's going to carry on with the diet and to be honest, I don't blame her. I would too. I have had dizzy spells through this diet, never actually passed out, but then, she is also due on and it's the very first days and they are the worst. So, love her, she's asleep again now and I'm going to head back to bed too for an hour or so then going to plough into some work here for job 1, going to ring job 2 and see if I can go in early and finish early today so she's not alone too much. (need to keep an eye on her for sickness etc as Sarah is off to London at some stage today leaving Zoe alone).

If Sarah hadn't been home I wouldn't have been aware anything had happened! I was fast asleep with the ear plugs in! Sarah's back in bed now too. (The cat's happy she's home coz she lets him sleep on her! ) The dog's limping, Sarah said she heard him yelp and now he's limping and keeping his left paw off the floor - so that might mean a trip to the vet later if no improvement! Vets is only open for an hour in morning and again in afternoon in our town so... I'll see how it is tonight and if no improvement will have to take him either tomorrow afternoon and leave job 2 very early OR he will have to hobble until Saturday morning!! (I'd have to take him with me when I drop Sarah at bus station at 8am!! Ergh!)

Have asked the girls if they fancy going out Friday night for a drink together - Sarah is keen enough, but Zoe (understandably) isn't. She's not up for sitting in a pub with a glass of water.. lol So.. will have to have a rethink - maybe the piccies might be an option! Will have to see what's on.

So, that's my morning thus far and it's only 8.30am! Dishwasher is on, washing machine has finished one load and another is on the airer an another is going in the machine when I get off here! Then - bed for an hour (with ear plugs again as Sarah is still home) THEN steam into work until am happy have done enough. Dead tired and so glad I went to bed and was asleep before 11!!

When I agreed to meet Trudy for a drink I forgot I was supposed to be in a meeting tonight! Ah well.. sod the meeting. I do enough non-fun stuff. ;) I would much rather sit and have a right natter with her! She's great!

Catch up with you all later xxxx Happy Wednesday (ooooh getting closer to the weekend!!! ) to you xxx

Blimey Jennie - you don't do things in halves in your household do you?

I'm glad that Zoe's ok, must have been a nasty shock for all of you, not helped by the poor treatment at the hospital, there's no need for that. I know she's not a little kid and doesn't need cosseting, but we need to be informed when we're going through different procedures and a bit of TLC and sympathy never hurts does it? I had to take Georgia to A&E last year with a really nasty cut on the back of her knee (long story) and the nurses couldn't have been nicer to her, they spoke to her at her level, didn't baby her and were just brilliant, it restored my faith in the NHS and then you hear of incidents like this!

Take care, have a good day - I reckon I've burnt off about 100 cals just reading your manic posts - so thanks for that ;)

xx

Morning MD :)

To be honest, I think the nurse thought initially that Zoe had been drinking last night as she was a bit fuzzy about things.. but even so.. and maybe she'd had a tough night too.. all the nurses looked knackered.. but still and all.. she was shaken up and had banged her head hard enough for her sister to hear it 3 rooms away!!!

Glad that Georgia had a better experience when she had to get treatment. I think that how a child is treated in hospital sets their whole view of it for life. So hopefully she will never feel anxious if she needs to go again :)

Oh how wonderful it would be to burn calories by reading! Read Cah-chings diary - it's exhausting! She does circuit training at 7am!!!!! Respect!

Hope you have a lovely day - am off now for an hours kip I think. Either that or I can see how the dog is and trawl down to the vet this am with him instead of waiting.... hmm.. nah.. he'll wait. (meanie I am! lol)

oooh - you're getting a PS3! I'm rubbish at all those things.. the girls are way better!! Just noticed that its only 2 months til you go on your hols!! How fab will that be! Did you hear that we (in the uk) were hotter than majorca, Lisbon and a whole host of hot places yesterday!! Shame I was cooped up in a freezing cold office!! lol

I need a sugar daddy so I can do all the things I want to do without having to work! lol

Nah - I don't really... I wouldn't get to do half the things I want to do if I had to consider a fella right now! Gosh, never thought I would EVER say that!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oooh, wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you who have put messages of support on Zoe's thread. Bless her, she'll be so surprised when she gets on here later to check it all out! Thank you, I know she'll be really touched. I think she'll want to come out with us at a meet but not be with us.. if you know what I mean ...lol... one of the young girls she was chatting to suggested they might like to set up a 'younger' minimins section just for their age group - what a cool idea!!! Can you imagine.. if we (as all, umm.,, 'mature' :giggle: ladies are out boogying on down (as ya do) if they were out on the town too!! lol ) just makes me grin.. I can imagine they would have a fabulous time all meeting up and swapping notes on bikinis and make up (if you read her posts you will see that's what they are on about at the moment) lol.. and all things girly and youthful.. I'm so pleased she got into the site and jumped straight in.. thanks to Isobel for all the techy help too!!! xx

Oh my gosh, poor Zoe! Thank goodness Sarah was there to hear her fall.

Hope she's better soon poor lass. Oh hope the dog's leg is better too - I have a cat that gets a mysterious limp every now and then..doesn't seem to stop him attacking every other cat withing sight though so I'm guessing he's ok :D

OMG what a morning you have had, sounds like the hospital could do with a shake up, making the staff work such long hours is disgusting, and thats when mistakes can happen.
Glad she is ok though, just keep an eye on her and if you have concerns either visit your gp or go back to hospital. Im assuming they gave you a head injury information sheet.....!

Right im off to find Zoe`s thread now.xx

OMG what a morning you have had, sounds like the hospital could do with a shake up, making the staff work such long hours is disgusting, and thats when mistakes can happen. Glad she is ok though, just keep an eye on her and if you have concerns either visit your gp or go back to hospital. Im assuming they gave you a head injury information sheet.....!

Right im off to find Zoe`s thread now.xx

Actually - no, no head injury information sheet at all.... Dr simply said, it was a faint and that if she vomits or has a fit to take her back!!

Actually - no, no head injury information sheet at all.... Dr simply said, it was a faint and that if she vomits or has a fit to take her back!!

If she has a bump on her head they still class it as a head injury....., though it does say what he told you, but they should give it out as parents tend to forget...lol.

Hope she feels ok when she wakes up, has she taken any painkillers..?

nope - she just went back to bed and is sound asleep - going to look in on her now... :) Logging off now as have a mountain of work and not done any of it as been on here! (again!!!) lol Think I will sell up and get a camper van and sit on minimins all day! ;)

Jen hun thank g-d Zoe is ok u must have been so scared !!
Wot bloody ars-s the hospital were, talk about being negligent annd not giving you info on a head injury !!

Jen i want to thank u from the bottom of my heart chatting to you the other day made me realise there is light at the end of the tunnel for me and things will get better for me.

You are one special lady and your daughters are sooo lucky 2 have a mum like u !!
You have shown me so much kindness and i cant thank u enough for that.
I hope Zoe has no more problems she sounds like such a determined young lady just like her mum lol
Take care hun and have a good day xx

Hi Jennie

What a morning, and all pretty much before dawn too!

I think I've mentioned before that I fainted whilst doing LL last year. Got out of bed too quickly and just remember waking up with the dog licking my face and my flatmate rushing into my room. I had dizzy spells the whole time I did LL and just learnt to adapt, ie, get up more slowly when sitting or bending down. I'm sure Zoe will be fine as long as there are no further complications of sickness etc. I think the weightloss was worth the temporary inconvenience. The dizzy spells stopped when I went back to real food but I still make sure I take care and not stand up too quickly!

Sending both of you lots of love. I went on Zoe's thread last night so I will scoot over there again soon!

Much love

Hee hee, I couldn't resist the message, lol. I won't post on her threads though and nor will she on mine. That's the deal .

yeh ya mad mare, yeh had me for a while, i jsut thought wow what an overprotective mam this girl must have...or was i right ha ha...;)

should the rule not be,,"not read each others diaries " ha ha :p

anyhow sorry to read about her fall this morning,,really hope shes ok...I'll go look on her thread now, cuz i'm not her mam..ha ha..:D

hey Jennie
just wanted to say that i probably dont post on your thread as much as i should, but i do read all your posts and take great encouragement from them, so as i just posted this on your zoes thread, i felt that i should share the sentiment with you, the way i see it is if you appreciate someone you should let them know, but blimey you do have a busy old time and sometimes whilst reading your thread i get breathless!!
hope you have a smashing day
love nat xxx:)

Back