Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

On my way home I rang Ailsa to see if I could weigh in a day early as driving right past her ... she is such a poppet and said yes, no problem

Well... what a shock!

I waffled on about the weekend and got on the scales..

Amazed to see I'd lost 9.7lbs in 6 days!!

I now weigh 12stone 7.7lbs... I am stunned! Nuff said!

Oh My Fricking God, you've gone and done it and I'm thrilled for ya,,,you weigh less than me, ya fricking baggage, jeez if I could get my ass of this sofa long enough I'd be jumping for joy for you, and I do mean this with all my heart.

Your unbelievable, you've been strong and committed throughout the whole journey, jeez louise YAH HAY......:D:D:D

On my way home I rang Ailsa to see if I could weigh in a day early as driving right past her ... she is such a poppet and said yes, no problem

Well... what a shock!

I waffled on about the weekend and got on the scales..

Amazed to see I'd lost 9.7lbs in 6 days!!

I now weigh 12stone 7.7lbs... I am stunned! Nuff said!

bloody typical - woman dgoes to caribbean for 3 weeks, then comes back and goes to dublin for a mad weekend and ends up losing 10lbs. LOL LOL

Jennie, nuff said - hero status endorsed and increased to platinum

you cow :D

Thank you for making me laugh so much this weekend, you're a star!

Well done on the weight loss, you're a triple bright super shiny star!

Don't know where you get your energy from. Do yuo ever sit still? Do yuo ever sit?
Excellent loss, you obviously didn't see it coming.

Glad you had such a good WE

Thank yous...

How about that! I was in Winton and down Bournemouth beach yesterday and didn't see you. Having said that...it was probably best as I found the old fashioned sweet shop on the pier and couldn't resist buying fudge which I demolished whilst walking:rolleyes: Would have been dead embarrasing bumping into you with a mouthful of it:eek:

Argh! Shame I didn't think about coming on here first and seeing if we could meet! (It was Saturday afternoon)... I wouldn't have minded a chunk of fudge - (I saw the stall but gave it a wide berth.... looked scrummy though!!)

Saw the LR guys too. We were trying to work out what they were all about:eek: Lol, they were mad!

Glad to hear you had a good time! It's not a bad place. Do love walking along the seafront:cool: I have been to Bournemouth loads over the years (used to have hols in Swanage/Wareham/Lulworth etc and drive over) I love it down there. Some good memories too.

Quick edit: just seen your last message. Well done on the 9.7lbs! How fab is that!!
It's really fab, lol, I was well chuffed!

OMG what a fantastic result on the scales. You have done so well wow.
Thanks Sonkie - you're doing so ace too!! :D

hey hun. thanks so much for coming down for the weekend. having you & Sarah there with me made the time all the more special.glad you had not too bad a journey home & that the detour resulted in a very pleasing call in on Ailsa !!!! 9.7 lbs after your hols is fab. so near goal now, keep at it xx:)
I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was a fabulous weekend and I am so honoured to have shared in your birthday celebrations:party0049::party0049:. You're so lovely. Will stop at that or might get wobbly lipped and blurred vision!:grouphugg:

OMG 9.7lbs is just amazing, how fantastic, you skinny little minny you :D Well done Jennie, so glad you had a lovely weekend x
LOL, thanks MD. It was amazing - I was amazed!! lol Thank you as always for your unerring support! (Never wasted I promise ya!)
Well done Jennie. Great weight loss. And so pleased that you have had a great weekend
Irene xx
Aww, thanks Irene. :) Roll on Brum eh? Hopefully be at goal by then and beginning that scary maintenance malarky! (Try and keep me off the rum and diet coke and shish kebabs please... ;) ) Oh - but you can still let me be chatted up by any yummy yorkshiremen that may be passing by... ;) ;) ;) ;) :giggle:

Oh My Fricking God, you've gone and done it and I'm thrilled for ya,,,you weigh less than me, ya fricking baggage, jeez if I could get my ass of this sofa long enough I'd be jumping for joy for you, and I do mean this with all my heart. Your unbelievable, you've been strong and committed throughout the whole journey, jeez louise YAH HAY......:D:D:D
:rotflmao: :giggle: :giggle: I can HEAR you saying this.. lol.. thanks, you're a diamond! :D
bloody typical - woman dgoes to caribbean for 3 weeks, then comes back and goes to dublin for a mad weekend and ends up losing 10lbs. LOL LOL

Jennie, nuff said - hero status endorsed and increased to platinum

you cow :D
LMAO.... hee hee... well, if it's any consolation, your shade of green matches mine at how much faster you blokes shift the damn flab! LOL LOL Let's call it evens stevens (for now) eh? ;) :rotflmao: Seriously though - lol - thank you... :D I'm dead pleased! Can only imagine that all the boogying:party0048: :party0049::party0019::party0049::party0048: and dashing around airports lugging ridiculously heavy suitcases must have helped things a tad!:D

Hmm... wonder if I should just pack some permanently and then use that as an exercise regime...:confused: lug them up and down the stairs, in and out the boot, drive to nearest airport and drag them around for a few hours and the do it all over again! :giggle: Maybe not... rather settle for a stroll around the lakes instead! lol

Thank you for making me laugh so much this weekend, you're a star! Well done on the weight loss, you're a triple bright super shiny star!
Oh Sarah, it's totally mutual - I can't believe how much we did laugh, especially in that clothes shop! :rotflmao: snippety snip!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Loved the knotted hankie time at the party too... lol.. and the sandals and socks at Bumbles!!:party0048::party0048: :giggle: :giggle: hee hee hee... :sign0168:

Don't know where you get your energy from. Do yuo ever sit still? Do yuo ever sit? Excellent loss, you obviously didn't see it coming. Glad you had such a good WE
Helloooo... Not sure where it comes from but glad it does! lol I do sit still (when I absolutely have to, and when on here!). I really didn't see it coming at all. I'll be sitting still tonight (i.e. in about 2 hours) as I'm going to just take the dog for a walk and then have a big bubbly bath and go to bed very early for a change. :) The energy levels seem to be rising all the time (I do wonder if the food intake helped actually - I did have a very small amount of bread on Saturday night (i.e. less than a full slice) and perhaps that was something to do with it.. not had any today and definitely lacking a tad on energy - but that might be because I didn't get to sleep 'til gone 2.30am! :eek:

Wow you really are a star and a total inspiration on this diet!! I'm so impressed, i really am!
Hey Gorgeous.. thank you.. seriously... you're a real poppet.:thankyou:

Well done on the weightloss hun. Not far to go now!
Thanks Cheryl... a touch further to go than I planned .... will explain in a mo! But never the less.... almost within grabbing distance now!! (Or at least it feels that way!):gimi::gimi::gimi:

Last edited:
Decision recieved...

I rang my GP today to ask if he had heard back from the PCT about the surgery I have discussed with him (abdominoplasty and mastopexy) - ie.. revolting belly flap and saggy t*ts repair work! The receptionsist said I would have to call back tomorrow to speak to the Dr about it but that the decision had been made... I begged her to tell me, but, bless her, lol, even though I was trying all sorts of tactics, she stood firm. I even asked.. 'should I call with a smile on my face?' and... ' is it a call I should look forward to making?' lol

So, I did the honourable thing and called in there in person on my way home from my interview this afternoon. :giggle:

She went to speak to my GP and then came back - expressionless I have to say (bless her, it MUST have been tough!), clutching a letter for me to read.

The PCT have said no at the moment, however, IF I get to a BMI of 27 or less they will 'reconsider'. My GP says (so she told me) that response is as good as a yes so... I have amended my ticker... my goal is to get to BMI of 27, which is only actually 3lbs less than I was aiming for in any case, so it's not that bad (an extra week or two on the packs will do that!) lol.. so... although I have a lot to think about regarding surgery... I am optimistic and hoping that by September he can write to them again saying... 'right, she's done it!' lol

Very busy day today... couldn't sleep (still in Tobago time methinks! - or is it the Coke Zero!? Hmm.... might not drink any after 7pm each night and see if that helps) last night so finally went off at 2.30am ish.. up at 8 and off to work in my 'power suit' but this time with the skirt not the trousers.. well, I figure as I have braaan legs I should give them as much exposure to the sun as possible!

Work was dull, spent most of the morning sorting out our ISP and paying the bill for it as there is something up with the direct debit.. (sorting that out Weds)... and then mundane stuff really... have actually brought some home but will take it back un-looked at! lol

From work straight to Northampton town centre and my trek to recruitment agencies... registered with a couple - one told me about a great job that is really close too! So, am very hopeful about that - she's calling me back tomorrow afternoon to let me know!

I had an appointment at one agency at 2pm... when I got there and filled in all the paperwork they actually told me (afterwards) that what I'd had was an interview for a job with them!!! lol How did I not suss THAT out?? lol SO.... they are sending my CV to one of the Directors and will call me tomorrow! Job would be challenging but really interesting and right up my street... admin/PA plus more! Money about right but I do need to sort the maths out to be absolutely sure! (Don't want to be jumping from frying pans into fires!)

Came out feeling ace! Then trundled off to a new branch of La Senza! OMG the bras in there are divine!!!! Decided NOT to plurge on any just yet, think I'll wait now until goal as it will hopefully be in the next couple of months or so)... and THEN will get new bras. They had them in all sizes, all colours, styles... dotty ones, zebra ones, deep red, black, white, green, gingham, animal print, lacy, plain, strapless, backless, frontless (just kidding.. lol).. you get the picture? I was mesmorised at the choice! DEFINITELY going there in a few weeks time!

On the way home I got some bargain priced washing powder from the cash 'n' carry (box from there lasts me months!!).. and it was on special offer so mega bonus there too! lol

Then quick nip to petrol station for a newspaper I shall probably not read.. (can add it to Sundays and last Fridays!)... and home via the Dr's...

Deliberating now whether to walk the dog or not as I do feel really pooped now and just fancy a soak and a kip. Hmm.. he has been in all day though... still... I can walk him tomorrow eh? lol Then again... I have the gym tomorrow afternoon... hmm... what a dilemma! :rotflmao: Just joking.. sod the dog, I'm tired, bath, bed, book for me! Right - off to do that right now!

Night night! xxxx

Jennie,

I reckon that the PCT news is good (as the Doc said, they have told you what you need to do and if there is anybody on this gods earth who has the facility and strength to do it, it is you)

and then you got that brill news at the Agency - sorry but I will feel excited for you LOL - that is not a bad sign and I reckon if you did the maths you would be alright - but not if you go splurging all your dosh in La Senza.

What is it with you ladies and Bras eh? we don't get that excited about Boxer Shorts or Briefs lol

Baths, bras, boxers and ball games!

Had wonderful bath but so hot I need to cool down before bedtime - so - hopped on here for 5 mins...

Jennie,

I reckon that the PCT news is good so do I ! I think it's a yes when I get to the golden 27 BMI! which I full intend to do! (as the Doc said, they have told you what you need to do and if there is anybody on this gods earth who has the facility and strength to do it, it is you) well, I shall do me best! Didn't get this far to screw up the penultimate furlong.. (the ultimate and longest and most painful one being maintenance!)...

and then you got that brill news at the Agency - sorry but I will feel excited for you LOL - hey, no need to apologise! lol I was so excited for me that I rang my girls, my mum and my sister as soon as I left the building! that is not a bad sign and I reckon if you did the maths you would be alright do hope so - but not if you go splurging all your dosh in La Senza. well, it's essential undergarment purchasing you know... totally ESSENTIAL (will have to include it in my budgeting)

What is it with you ladies and Bras eh? we don't get that excited about Boxer Shorts or Briefs Ummm, well... the way I see it (and ladies, do correct me if I am wrong) ... the items 'supported' by bras are vastly different to those, um, 'dangly' bits covered by boxers/briefs (and not always retained in them) ewwww... - AND (and I am certain there will be few arguments on this point!!) generally speaking bras contain far more attractive items!!! Not only that, they are superbly functional too! With the right bra a pair of mittens with pingpong balls can look very appealing... now... if they should EVER invent boxers/briefs for blokes that can have THAT kind of impact...!!!!! :rotflmao: So, you cannot compare boxers to bras! Forgive the pun, but that's a totally different ball game :rotflmao: :rotflmao: lol

and let's NOT go down the route of what men get excited about and how ridiculous most of that is !!!!!!!

(I'm serious!! DON'T!)

thats absolutly fab news about the TT, you lucky bunny. My GP said catagorically no, i'd need to prove psychological damage etc for them to even concider it :cry: & Ash says we are not moving to Northampton ~ spoil sport.
xx:)

thats absolutly fab news about the TT, you lucky bunny. My GP said catagorically no, i'd need to prove psychological damage etc for them to even concider it :cry: & Ash says we are not moving to Northampton ~ spoil sport. xx:)

well, umm... YOU could move here temporarily... :giggle: :giggle:

anyway... it's not definite and I DO have to reach the 27 thingy wotsit... mind you.. IF they do it... afterwards I'll have a BMI of flippin 12! lol ;)

To be honest, I think, given my medical history, my GP probably gave them good reasons for his recommendations (Not saying any more on that one) but he did also warn me they would probably say no... he's going to send me a copy of the letter he wrote them (which I think is lovely of him) ... so I can see for myself.

Jennie what a great day you've had.
1.Excellent loss
2. the distinct possibility of NHS TT. (scary but exciting)
3. Going to get the agency to find you a job & discover they're considering offeing you one.

how long til yuo hear from the agency?

Pleased to hear your excellent news today. What an incentive. And good luck on the job front
Irene xx
Hiya :D To be honest, it isn't an incentive., as daft as that sounds.. I am still doing this for me and just me. HOWEVER, you are right too,.. the very last few pounds will be to satisfy their criteria... Lord I hope it doesn't take me too long to get to it, I so want to start maintenance now.. I knew I wanted to before I went on holiday, and now I am even more keen to! Still... what's another few weeks after 38 already... I guess...

Jennie what a great day you've had.
1.Excellent loss
2. the distinct possibility of NHS TT. (scary but exciting)
3. Going to get the agency to find you a job & discover they're considering offeing you one.

how long til yuo hear from the agency?

Hiya Jane, I hope to hear from the agency (with the possible job) today sometime (I emailed them my referees last night as I'd promised!). The other agency should be calling me this afternoon around midday ish. To be honest, I would love the job they told me about. It is closer than Northampton and would be with a large Blue Chip company so lots of benefits and lots of colleagues again (I loved working in a big company before moving here). Plus it's a support role and I love helping solve others problems out! (Far easier than sorting ones own out!)

You are right about the TT... exciting but scary, but also, being a realist, it would probably not even happen until next year some time (at the earliest) and so I'm not going to get too excited or scared at the moment. One thing that does concern me is that I will have no help at home now I live alone, but hey, I'm sure that won't be so bad. (Although daytime tv might induce suicidal tendencies!!)... still... it's all ifs and maybes at the moment and I just want to have my first consultation with them so I can actually SHOW them the problems and find out all the info I can.

Tuesday 10th July

Good morning world!

Well, almost the afternoon now and I'm sitting at work wondering what to do next... lol

My neck is pure agony (making me feel nauseaus it hurts so much!) but it was totally self-inflicted (see pic)! My friend Karen just called in and told me what pain killers to take so off to the chemists after work to buy some Nurofen+ and probably go to bed as I didn't sleep well (neck hurting!) lol

I've still got heaps I want to blah on about my holiday and Dublin and Bournemouth but time is passing so flippin fast! lol

Am supposed to go to the gym this afternoon so I shall, but only to explain why I can't exercise today - sitting still makes me wince and tears pricking me eyes... so no way I can do a work out! I'm sure he'll understand - and I need some trainers and joggers anyway as those I have are way too big now... hmm... will get the trainers when neck isn't hurting so much as will have to drive and it's not that good when you can't look over your shoulder without crying out, lol, and will search in drawers as I think I have some of my friends old joggers that she handed down to me in those binbags full of clothes! I have her to thank for the suit! Must make a note to call her and catch up!

I also need to do something about this Tandem Skydive... the only reason I'm holding back now is that they want a deposit and I don't have it, so, think I need to move the sponsorship push up a notch and get things going again as I AM going to do it! I also need to put what weight I am on the paperwork..

Still have to do calculations re working so will do that and perhaps at the same time give them a call this afternoon about the dive.

There are a few jobs in the paper that are of interest too, I've rung for one application pack and think I might call for another couple too.

Must also remember to wash my linen trousers as want to wear them at the weekend. They didn't appreciate the dancing at the club Sat night.. lol.. still.. I'm sure they will be fine!

I think the penny is beginning to drop about how much weight is gone now... yesterday after work I was chatting to some ladies in the car park at work (there is a playgroup here every morning) and one of them commented on the weight loss as she had an older child here the other year, and she told the others about the difference in me.
They wanted to see photos, and, as I had taken some to Cheryl's I obliged. It did feel a bit odd though, and when I showed them the one of me last August (its in my gallery - the one with the QE2 in the background).. I found myself filling up! I was looking at the picture and listening to their reactions and I just filled up!!

It was very weird. All of a sudden women I don't know are telling me how I look and being really nice. Andrea (Cheryl's mate) did it at the weekend and the more she drank, the more insistent she became.. lol... for some reason.. comments from women who never knew me 'before' seem to have more impact than of those who I know and love dearly. AND, more so than men too! In fact, I am less likely to believe a man being complimentary than anyone else!!! (Not nice, but true!)

My neighbours have been nice to me too since I came home... there was definitely a phase where they were off with me... so.. perhaps it is just me and my perceptions are changing.. I dunno,.

I do know though that my insecurities when in the pub with Lucy are still the same! That first night back I was really upbeat and confident until she arrived. How stupid is that!!!! I told my sis and she went mad at me. Told me I was being ridiculous. The thing is, I can't seem to help it. On my own there this week (Lucy was away) and I was back to feeling great again! Had a wonderful evening. Really don't know what's up with me on that front! Need to sort it out though as it is most def me and NOT her! She would be horrified if she knew!

Lordy my neck hurts... I think I'll have a soup and then get some of those tabs and try and chill out a little this afternoon - perhaps watch midsomer murders.. mind you... the sun is out so it could just be essential tan topping up time in the garden! lol If I put on my mp3 player and close my eyes perhaps I shall be transported back to Tobago like in those wobbly dream like things they do on telly. lol

Attachments

• headbanging with Cheryl.jpg
    headbanging with Cheryl.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 184
ouch to the neck, mine is sore but it sounds like you came off worse tho :eek:
with all these applications there's bound to be something come along to fill all the boxes of your criteria, just be patient & it'll all fall into place.
sat here feeling real low today, even reading about others in a much worse place in their lives is not making me see sense :cry:
xx

ouch to the neck, mine is sore but it sounds like you came off worse tho :eek:
with all these applications there's bound to be something come along to fill all the boxes of your criteria, just be patient & it'll all fall into place.
sat here feeling real low today, even reading about others in a much worse place in their lives is not making me see sense :cry:
xx

oh sweetheart... it's a low day coz you've had a real run of highs :) that's all it is I betcha.

You know what, I know this sounds harsh but... it really doesn't make a jot of difference how bad others lives are, our own problems are not eased by it! I mean.. when I was laying in bed in hospital at the age of 18 with my foot in bits feeling dreadfully down.. visitors would say..'well, it could be worse, that young girls has 2 broken legs etc etc' and my response was... 'yeah well, neither of us can walk so what difference does that make!' .

I know I won't win any popularity contests for having that point of view, but it is true. Life being shyte for someone else doesn't necessarily leave us feeling like ours is all hunky dory. Sometimes it can make us realise that we are fortunate but at others it makes no odds... so.. don't feel bad about that!!

If you fancy a natter later gimme a bell (am home this evening) and we can giggle again like schoolgirls like we did all weekend! lol Will try and post some of the pics of the weekend to cheer you up a bit... can I put on the pamper ones? lol You were SO chilled out!

Loads of love
xxxxxx

PS Just think... a few short weeks and we will have another 'high' weekend in Brum!!

Back