Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Thanks Pam... managed to get emergency appointment at GP's this morning and yep, it is a trapped nerve... so, drugs prescribed and collected, and pain continuing... advice on how to get comfy, instruction to apply ice packs (Ice packs!!! I HATE being cold!!) every other hour for a few minutes throughout the evening and avoid hot baths and hot showers... brrrrr NOT liking the sound of this at all!

She thinks it stems back to that time a few weeks ago when it started in bed (I think I said about it on here) and she warned it could take weeks to get better!! Oh joy and rapture unforeseen!

*sigh*

HWSNBN has said he intends to return Sunday - he still doesn't know about his stuff being moved, not sure whether to tell him or let him just discover it when he arrives... forgive me if I keep repeating myself... stress and senility you know - never a good combination!

Weigh in soon (2 hours) and then a list of appointments to keep - waxing of legs and brows, then blood pressure and weight check at surgery.. then I think I shall do as I was told and try and get leg comfy and apply ice packs... - need to go and buy a bag of cheap peas... lol

Pains are making me laugh (a bit maniacally to be honest) and pharmacist thought it was hilarious (I know her) and she told me a chap was in yesterday and he was the same - kept laughing with the pain from his trapped nerve! lol weird eh?

Right - better try and focus as am so tired - stupid dog woke me twice last night to be let out - not good as leg made it a very difficult action going up and downstairs... wish it was hot weather - would be tempted to leave back door open all night... lol

Bugger! Too early :mad:

Aren't you back from your weigh-in yet? *drums fingers *:rolleyes: :D

so sorry to see your leg is still causing such grief - not funny at all as never gives any peace!

Mind you - I would have thought that Overdosing on Catherine Cookson would dull any sensation - pain or otherwise but clearly not. You clearly need an omnibus edition!

I like sharon was hoping to have seen the good news from the weigh in but alas we are too keen :)

xxx

Finally, time to sit and get on here... been a mad busy time.. I left work early as leg giving me massive problems... so, went to weigh in early and am pleased to say, that's another 3lbs gone... making 3stone 4lbs in total so far... another 6 months of this and I shall be back to the weight and size I was happiest at...

CDC happy with loss and I am too, kind of... just finding it really hard at the moment, last night I succumbed to the chocolate and broke a bit off and ate it with a handful of sultanas... took me ages to eat and as I did I threw the rest in the bin... so today we discussed it and agreed that I might like to try chopping up a Cambridge bar and using that to "nibble" on if desperate... so, choc mint crisp bar is now chopped and in a tub in the fridge "just in case". I also told my CDC about pickled onions helping last time so I had an onion today... and that staved off my appetite until now and I have had my second pack of the day. I have to take my Ibuprofen etc with my pack so that's what I've done and am already looking forward to my final pack of the day this evening...

I am so so tired - this stupid leg is giving me grief!

Went and got waxed and then back to Drs to see the nurse for Blood Pressure check and, it's normal! She is very pleased and so am I!

I told her about HWSNBN and she was delighted that I have taken the steps I have...

I have also baked 12 lemon & sultana muffins and 12 blueberry muffins to take for the church to sell tomorrow - plus 36 fairy cakes. The fairy cakes will become butterfly cakes by tomorrow and those are for the church sale and also for the BBQ I've been invited to by some of the bike club this Sunday.

Another epic Catherine Cookson session this afternoon and evening and I will have caught up on it all - I'm an old romantic at heart and love how "love conquers all" at the end of every story.

So 3lbs more gone (forever) and a plan in mind for what will happen when I get to goal at Christmas time - and no - it will NOT involve food! I am already planning my road trip for next spring with my mate on her bike too... so lots to think about.

Weather and leg means no riding Hattie at the moment so planning rides is the next best thing...

Well done on another good loss and an amazing total so far :D

At the risk of feeling the Wrath of FFnF and getting banned from your diary forever, have you considered having a 4th pack each day?

I think your Cambridge consultant has already mentioned to you that, technically, you should be on a higher plan anyway due to your starting BMI and even more so now that you're taking prescribed meds. But I know you from way back which is why I also know that you're a stubborn wee thing and tend to go your own sweet way despite any advice you might receive to the contrary :whistle:

As your mate I'm delighted how well you're doing and feel absolutely certain you'll reach your goal this time, but the Cambridge consultant in me can't help being concerned that you're not getting enough nutrition for your bodily needs on just three packs per day.

I've been doing SS+ having 4 packs per day for the past week and have been more than happy with the result so far, and most of my clients either opt for the 4 packs per day plus 200 mls skimmed milk or 3 packs per day plus 200 cal 'green and white' (AAM) meal offered under the SS+ plan - which is also classed as a VLCD by the way providing just 615 cals per day.

As always it's up to you what you decide as neither I nor your consultant lives with you to monitor what you do, but I just want you to lose weight quickly safely AND healthily.

OK, now I'm off before I get chucked outta here LOL :bolt:

xxx

Lol Sharon... I hear you.. and I have to admit I had thought about an extra pack... or perhaps just having some protein in the form of plain cooked chicken every now and again..

My CDC despairs of me I think as she tells me every week that I am supposed to be on a higher step and not SS'ing yet... she has also told me about the AAM week and suggested, if I wish, to bring it forward... but, as you rightly say, I am a stubborn so-an-so lol and SSing is what I will do.. for the most part.

I too share your concerns about the getting the right nutrition for my needs... and think that the occassional extra pack will do the trick... although I like the idea of the AAM (green and white) much more! I could murder a chicken salad! lol

Thanks Sharon - I think if I keep feeling like I want to eat more etc then I shall have to DO something to address it rather than go off the rails... going out for a meal on July 24th (carvery) and am already looking forward to that VERY much - have ordered my mountain of veg and plain turkey... lol salivating at the thought of it!!

Lol at Sharon.

Well done on another 3lbs off, Jennie. You really are an inspiration. With all that has been thrown at you the last couple of weeks you have still kept going.

I well remember your pickles last time when you were on 5th weeks.;)

Pam xxx

Right - time for bed, again, and I am hoping and praying for a decent night's sleep - dog seems to be settling ok so I think I'll just get upstairs and snuggle up with my book while the going looks good!

Hope all have had a successful day - in all aspects! Night xx

So - a whole new week begins! (My CD weeks run Fri-Thurs(weigh in day)... that way I don't get the "sod-it it's the weekend" idea!) Well, it works for me!

Another day closer to HWSNBN coming back though - not really looking forward to that at all - it has been bliss without him around, although the dog misses him and it would've been easier on my sleep had he been here as he would've got up to let the mutt out.. lol lol (see, he has his uses!)...bad girl Jennie! Shouldn't have said that - whoops!

Found a shop that sold those vacuum space saver bag things yesterday for just £1 each! So, bought 2 to try them out and boy they are flippin magic! A HUGE bolster cushion is now the size of a flat pillow! Had I not done it myself I would never have believed it possible! So - back to the shop this aft and I am going to blitz my wardrobe, drawers and anything not standing still ! lol Then, of course, I will have the dilemma of where to store all the sodding bags that will weigh a ton! lol

Leg loads better this morning - I think that laying down with a pillow under my knee (as instructed) definitely helped massively!

Shame I can't do that here in the orifice! Oh, and, I am at work EARLY!! This is partly guilty conscience because I was permitted to leave early yesterday because of leg, and, as soon as I was moving around at home it improved (I don't think sitting in a chair for extended periods of time is good for it at all!)... and I was in such a lot of pain yesterday I got naff all done... so.. been here since 7.30am and got loads done (although not now, obviously, as on here!)

Mega list for the rest of the day once I leave here - meeting my lovely lovely friend Trudy for lunch (read "have soup and mug, will travel") and a catch up, then it's home (via space bag shop) and crack on with things there!

Am absolutely determined to be 100% (not even a pickled onion will pass these lips today!) as that slope is way too steep and greased up for my liking! Even dreamt about flippin' chicken last night! lol

Right - time to get on with things... just wanted to update and wish you all a fabby Friday! The weekend is so very nearly upon us! Oh, and, my lodger told me last night that she is off on hols for a week- starting today - so, my home will be just me and the mutt until Sunday! WAHOOOOOO!!! I feel loud music and some major home-stylie karaoke coming on!

Laters folks! (I hate the word "peeps" but confess to being sorely tempted to use it then!)... oh dear,... another mid-life crisis looms... I can feel it in me water... ah no... that's just the ketones messing about... great name for a band that... "Ketosis" ... hmmm... now there's an idea....

... but, as you rightly say, I am a stubborn so-an-so lol and SSing is what I will do.. for the most part.

Stubborn? - our Jen? Never!

Obstinate, immovable object, pig headed - yes!.............. but never stubborn :D

Seriously though Jennie - practise what you preach! You were quite strident (notice I didn't use the words - firm, bossy, dictatorial LOL) on my thread about me listening to my body with the exercise and take on board extra stuff and ditch the wicked (but oh so lovely) Pepsi Max.

Do the same young lady!
Your head is in the right place so its okay to listen to your body because its speaking through NEED!

A bit of protein or white and green as you put it (although I cannot rid my mind of boiled cabbage and cauliflower when you said that - uuuurrrrgggghhhh) is fine. Just stay away from those oh so deadly carbs!

I would kill for your weightloss in the timeframe that you've achieved it because I seriously doubt I will get there despite being firmly in the zone - so think about that achievement when wavering and realise for what it is - blinkin fantastic!

Mwah xxx

Stubborn? - our Jen? Never!

Obstinate, immovable object, pig headed - yes!.............. but never stubborn
:D

Seriously though Jennie - practise what you preach! You were quite strident (notice I didn't use the words - firm, bossy, dictatorial LOL) on my thread about me listening to my body with the exercise and take on board extra stuff and ditch the wicked (but oh so lovely) Pepsi Max.

Do the same young lady!

Your head is in the right place so its okay to listen to your body because its speaking through NEED!

A bit of protein or white and green as you put it (although I cannot rid my mind of boiled cabbage and cauliflower when you said that - uuuurrrrgggghhhh) is fine. Just stay away from those oh so deadly carbs!

I would kill for your weightloss in the timeframe that you've achieved it because I seriously doubt I will get there despite being firmly in the zone - so think about that achievement when wavering and realise for what it is - blinkin fantastic!

Mwah xxx

Oi you! I resemble those remarks! Um, I mean... well... ok... you got me on that one... BUT... I am not exercising like you are and I'm a shortie not tall like you... and... erm... oh yeah... and... if I eat there is a risk that I won't stop!

Whaddya mean you would kill for my weightloss in the timeframe? LOL you ARE losing it at same rate (a stone in a week??!!)... soon be overtaking me!

Sorry for the cabbage'n'caul imagery.... think more clorious onions, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, celery and a mega mountain of chicken... now THAT's what I call green & white! lol ('cept the beetroot... which I think actually IS carbs... so may have to skip that bit...)

I am off to stay with my mother next weekend... she doesn't know I'm on the Cambridge Diet again... not sure what (if anything) she will say about it... but hopefully nothing negative... can't be doing with that...

Oh... and.. PLEASE... REMIND ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT SNOTTY SPOILSPORT SISTER! lol

way to go on your weight loss hun keep up the great work :)

Glad to hear you leg is feeling abit better today just dont over do things and keep getting plenty of rest

Have a great weekend and have fun with all your vac packs lol xx

Glad your leg is improving Jennie:p

When are you going to spill about your spoilt sister? You have been teasing us for days now;) It's not even as if I can bribe you with some of your recipie cookies:rolleyes:

Please will you tell us the story about your sister? Pretty please :D

will tell you all about sis later this eve... busy bee this morning - having fallen back to sleep after letting the mutt out for the umpteenth time I woke again around 10am! Lovely! So - lots of energy and I made the most of it! Baked a special victoria sponge for tomorrow afternoons BBQ, cleared out and sorted out utility room wall cupboards, cleaned kitchen up and set off dishwasher, tidied utility room worktops, did a load of washing, lay on the patio taking photos of a snail (they are incredible creatures!)... and have decorated 2 boxes of butterfly cakes and vac-packed sunloungers cushiom, a sleeping bag with pillow and sorted out a real mess of a drawer!

Now - am thinking, worked hard, time to play hard and get out on my bike for a while... clouds are threatening still but I really think it will be good to get out and get some fresh air.

So - plan for this afternoon is hang out the washing (not on the Siegreid line tho') and then take Hattie out for a couple of hours before heading home to let the now sleeping dog (why is he nocturnal!??) out again and then will spend the evening cleaning the living room and then maybe a big deep bubble bath and more of my book (that's what sent me back to sleep this morning!)... HWSNBN is coming back tomorrow and I shall be out... so I don't want to have to "do" anything when I get home other than sit and relax... I can already feel the stress levels rise at the prospect of his return.. still, it will be the start of his being here under a whole new set of circumstances... which will be very beneficial for us both I reckon! (Especially me!!) lol

Hope all are having a great weekend thus far! xx

Sometimes I worry about you! Lol

Snails for heaven sake !?!?!?!

X

What's Bimble?

Back