Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I Did It!! My Skydive!!! Wooohoooooo!

OMG I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

It was amazing!!! Incredible!!! Breathtaking!!! Stunning!!!

OOOOHHHH!!!!

WHAT A BUZZ!!!!!!

Will post pics in a mo!! Got the DVD... it's hilarious!! I fell INTO the plane!! lolololololol

Woooohhooooo Yayyyyy!! It was woooohoooooooo!!!:D:D:D:D:D

wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

guess you enjoyed it then eh, would i be right mmmmmm???
you still need to give me details for me to tansfer you the money ! or shall i risk the post ??
laa
xx

wheeeeyyyyyyyyy how cool are you come on where are the piccies ?????

Skydive piccies!!! Yayyy!

Your wish is my command.....

I can't get the rest of them to save small enough so will photobucket them and post a link (if I can work out how!!)

oooh and for the record... I WAS strapped to a lush big hunk! lol lol

Zoe didn't come with me in the end - she was too busy throwing up last night's celebrations... but.. I had 2 surprise supporters from the bike club show up!!!! I was over the moon!! They came back after and we sat and watched the dvd together... I was very moved at their appearance as it was a total surprise!

Out tonight watching the rugby at PQM's place with the Sunday night pub quiz lot... got a music festival meeting first at 7... so this afternoon is SLEEEEEEEEEEP as I am suddenly absolutely shattered!

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (2).JPG
    DSCF0003 (2).JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF0029 (2).JPG
    DSCF0029 (2).JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF0031 (2).JPG
    DSCF0031 (2).JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF0014 (2).JPG
    DSCF0014 (2).JPG
    309 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Jennie :)

Lovely photos hun, hope you have a fantastic evening :)
I'm watching at home, got the fire on and all set for kick off!

So so glad you had people with you to share your magical day today ((hugs))

Love Kitty xxxx

That looks good... ur jus a little spec in the sky... well done on all your achievements in teh last 12 months Jennie... I do read your thread, dont know if i have posted before!

love Nas x

YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Well done for living your dreams.

love

jennie take it those from the bike club wasnt the snooty mare who moaned at your perfume !!!

Congratulations that is amazing:))) Its one of my dreams to sky dive as when I was in Oz was not allowed as too heavy and so promised myself that once light enough I will do it. So inspirational, thankyou:))

Congratulations and well done!!!

:superwoman:

Fantastic achievement!!!

Love Mini xxx

Lol, well, am still hyped about the skydive but am a bit stressed about other stuff going on so was up all night until 5.30am today and feel rough as a dogs doodahs!

Went to work (not sure how) and did a few things there, then off to get postcards in shop windows, reprint some temp business cards, post more info out to some more enquiries... 3 clients started now and several info packs out there in the mist... lol... placed my order just in time this morning but worried I will miss it tomorrow as Zoe has an interview (hurrah!!!) please let her get this job!! It is in a fab place but difficult to get to.. I know that I will end up being cabby again but its ok... if she's earning then it's ok.

I watched the skydive dvd again today with some friends and I got all choked up... hadn't really realised just how much it meant to me...

The whole day was incredible though... started off with me feeling so hyper I couldn't settle so dashed around the house until time to go.. (had me brekkie first! lol)... not missing out on my shredded wheat y'know! lol As I was driving up to the airfield I got a phone call from a chap I know via t'internet but hadn't met... he asked if I had anyone with me and I told him nope, Zoe had dipped out (way too much celebrating.. lol) and I was on my own.

He said he would meet me there as he's into planes and all that stuff... so that was kind (I thought)... and when I got there I was still mega excited... lol... found the place where you book in and did exactly that... was 3rd person to do so... by this time the fog had started to lift... and the sky was beginning to show signs of better things!! (I stopped on the drive there to take a photo of the sun in the fog!)...

Had a look 'round at some bi-planes and a minor snoop in a hangar too... had a lovely natter with some fellas who were refuelling a Tiger Moth... and discovered there is a place that does wingwalking so might look into that... ;) Then it was time to just hang around until briefing was to take place... then the chap from t'interweb showed up. Nice guy, very knowledgable about matters avionic... and it was odd but ok. I was then called off to be briefed and, fully resplendent in my stripey hat and gloves etc I listened carefully to Stuart (my jumping partner)... he told us the order we would be going in and then led me off to the hut where the jumpsuits were... I had a rather fetching black and red number... lol Well, I was glad it fitted and that I had on my thermal long johns too as it really was pretty chilly!!...

Decided that it might be an idea to go to the loo before getting fully kitted up so that's what I did... at this stage I also made the decision not to have anything else to eat or drink (this was wisdom indeed!!).. and then it was a waiting game... we were chatting away and taking in the scenery when one of the lads turned up from the bike club!!! I was so chuffed!!! He's a smashing guy, he and his wife were on the same team as me in the quiz night, we had a right giggle... he's the one who has the adorable little girl too and he showed me his pics at the club one night... he said that just being there again was making him nervous! lol I wasn't nervous... I was just terribly excited!! lol

The three of us waffled away and I got more and more excited when they called me over to get all harnessed up and briefed on exit position etc... it was weird... strapped to this 6ft something man and lifting my feet up and tucking them behind him whilst holding arms crossed chest.... not altogether unpleasant though... :giggle: :giggle:

He made sure all the straps were in the right place and sent me back to wait to be called... the plane was on its way!! I was beside myself with excitement... lol... I couldn't wait! More pics and then it was time to go!! We walked towards the plane and chatted amiably and he asked why I limped.. so I bored him with the tale of my foot and accident.. blah de blah blah... and then it was time to get into the plane! MUCH easier said than done!! I only have short legs and it was a BIG step up!!! I very uncermeoniously hoiked meself up and promptly fell head first into the deck... LMAO... I kinda hoped the camera woman hadn't caught it on film.. but she had! lol It is funny to see though... lol..

Everyone else got in and we settled down for the climb... I was sat on his lap and he hooked me up and told me what to expect... I couldn't help but grin like a cheshire cat the entire time... it was all sooooo thrilling!! lol

He pointed out the norfolk coastline and The Wash... and it was glorious - the sky was clear blue... the woman with the camera came over and asked how I was feeling... I babbled away about how excited I was and that I couldn't wait!! lol Watching the dvd back I can see the chap rolling his eyes and smiling.. lol.. probably thought I was only out on day release! lol

Then it was time... the door opened and wow... the view was spectacular... a patchwork quilt of browns and greens and rivers and some fluffy clouds... and it was beautiful... absolutely beautiful... the others went out first... not all of them.. but the solo jumpers and the videographers did... then it was my turn... he told me to get into the exit position so now I was suspended from his body and we were in the doorway... I think my face was fit to burst my grin was that wide!! lol

Then he leapt and we were flying... floating... soaring... it was incredible.... just incredible.... the view... endless... just endless.... then the videographer joined us and asked me what I thought... lol.. all I could do was go wow wow wow... fantastic... I loved every moment.... it felt like ages and ages.... I wished it could have gone on longer... and then whoosh... up we shot as the parachute opened.... now... this is where the no food and drink thing came in handy.. I had, pretty naively, said to him in the plane - "be as radical as you like when the chute's open" and so he asked me again and I said yeah, go for it.. so he did... OMG I thought I was going to chuck up! lol We whacked round to the right in a hard turn and I yelled.. no no... that's enough radical... lol... clearly I wasn't as brave as I thought! lol

My stomach settled and I relaxed and he gave me control of the chute... it was so so serene.... silence bar the silk of the chute and our voices... I told him about the weight loss and how much this meant to me... and that I never dreamed I would ever do something like that.. ever...

We could see for forever.... and then he took over and it was time to prepare to land... he told me to scream and wave as my friends would by now be able to hear me... so I did! lol I couldn't see them though... lol... I was enjoying the moment too much... lol

We had to land sliding in on our bums... so... legs up... grabbed onto sidey bits on jump suit by knees and big giggling scream as we came down and slid to a halt... it was so so so much fun.

The lady with the video came running over to ask me what it was like.. and I was breathless and excited and overwhelmed and all I could say was Amazing, Wow, Beautiful....

Back