Blimey O Reilly

emski

Gold Member
Just back from the gym and wanted to share 2 things with you all..

1. I was the smallest lady there!
2. I did 2 mins of running!

Now this has amazed me because..

1. I still feel huge!
2. I dont do running!

:whacky068:

Thats great, bet you feel wongerful don't you. xxx

2 minutes of running is great! I think it's the initial kickstart that is the hardest. I'm walking at the moment but really want to progress and need to start doing run/walk/run stylee to move on to run/run/run :) - can't bring myself to run though cos I feel like a wobbly lardbum lol
Go you!!! Bet you're proper chuffed, don't worry about the still feeling huge, you're looking great and it takes time for the head to catch up with the body (not literally or running would look hugely comical :p) x

That's great! I won't join a gym, I imagine they're all beautiful slim young things and think of P.E. at school.. arrgh! I also won't go swimming until I've lost another stone at least. Daft I know, but I don't want people staring at me or laughing.

That's great! I won't join a gym, I imagine they're all beautiful slim young things and think of P.E. at school.. arrgh! I also won't go swimming until I've lost another stone at least. Daft I know, but I don't want people staring at me or laughing.

P.E at school, that sends shivers down my back, scared me for the life that did.

well done Emski for going to the gym and running 2 mins!! i couldnt do 30 seconds last time i did the jogging on the wii i thought i was about to die not had the guts to do it again, stick to the games now

Just to add that I didnt look at the other ladies and think oooo lardbum (littlebottles words) I thought how fab it was that they were there tackling the same issues as me.. I think maybe you should all ring your local gyms.. ask for a guest membership, usually free for a week .. then go check it out.. if you dont like it it hasnt cost you anything.. it may suprise you! As for swimming I can absolutely guarantee that there are ladies of all shapes sizes and ages.. I have never ever felt awkward at one of those classes..:D

I think my worry about walking becoming running is because I do it outside so it's not like there are a load of other people doing the same sort of thing, I'm sure nobody would pay any attention but in my mind it would be me providing comic relief to all passers by and car drivers lol
I don't have a problem with swimming because other people are there doing the same.
I do realise how silly it is to put off a fat burning exercise until I've got rid of all my fat lol - always a bigger deal in your own head I think.
x

Well done Emski - extremely proud of you! You have some competition as your neice ia also starting out with a running programme. (yes her, the one that usually avoids all forms of exercise unless it involves shopping!)
You will be amazed at what you will be able to achieve, you have the determination so go for it!
As for those who are worried about what they look like whilst running, get your headphones on and get out there - at least you are doing something positive. Choose a slightly quieter street to run down, or a park maybe if during the day.
Good luck!

Back